ADVERTISEMENT

Is There A B1G Vote Today Or Not?

I read a it could come as early as this week but I wouldn’t count on it. Presidents are trying to milk clock so that only a late November (at least after Nov. 3) or later start is possible. If they start before the election Biden will have pissed away a lot of money on those commercials blaming Trump for no fall football in the Big 10 and I’m sure the conference brass has Joe’s back on this one.

I’m guessing finding a time on the calendar when every university president is available is extremely difficult without scheduling it several months in advance.

Reactions: hawkosx
I read a it could come as early as this week but I wouldn’t count on it. Presidents are trying to milk clock so that only a late November (at least after Nov. 3) or later start is possible. If they start before the election Biden will have pissed away a lot of money on those commercials blaming Trump for no fall football in the Big 10 and I’m sure the conference brass has Joe’s back on this one.
Lol

Wrong, we will know by tomorrow evening. Pay attention.

Reactions: pahawk68
Nope- all of these people are being duped by fake news. Hearing what they want to hear, it’s all un-named sources. Not one single source has come from a Big Ten rep saying they are going to vote at x date.

At this point it wouldn’t surprise me if that rumored meeting and presentation yesterday never took place.

The supposed first vote was 11-3 against. It takes 9 votes to get it changed back. I just don't see 6 of these presidents out of the 11 no votes changing back. They won't want to admit that they may have made a mistake...And Warren of course doesn't want to tarnish his image any more than he already has, if that's possible.

The supposed first vote was 11-3 against. It takes 9 votes to get it changed back. I just don't see 6 of these presidents out of the 11 no votes changing back. They won't want to admit that they may have made a mistake...And Warren of course doesn't want to tarnish his image any more than he already has, if that's possible.

Gotta wonder what Warren thinks currently.

I don't think a vote was expected on Sun. The 14 Presidents "met" and listened to a long, detailed presentation by the Return to Competition Task Force (including medical, TV and football scheduling sub-committees). I certainly wouldn't expect the Presidents to make a decision on the spot. I think a formal vote is expected in the next few days. Fingers crossed.

I suspect several of the B1G Presidents are more worried about the prospect that Warren may have already tarnished their images.

Joe Biden controls the whole world and he's not even president! Very impressive, Mr. Biden, very impressive indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT