ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a worse quarterback in college football than Deacon Hill?

sabula

HR All-American
Oct 24, 2001
I mean for anybody that's watched a lot or a little of college football. We've all seen some great quarterbacks out there. Have you seen anybody worse than Deacon Hill? I'm trying to think and I can't remember one. I know he tries real hard and everything, but zero results.

I mean for anybody that's watched a lot or a little of college football. We've all seen some great quarterbacks out there. Have you seen anybody worse than Deacon Hill? I'm trying to think and I can't remember one. I know he tries real hard and everything, but zero results.
but hey, he has a positive attitude! lol Yes, even the announcer said it in an roundabout way....

He has sucked.. but maybe we just have a really shitty QB coach?

I believe Deacon was third string at Wisconsin when he transferred out. And had no chance of ever getting meaningful playing time. Who'd a thunk he'd be crappy for us?
4th string. They only had 4 QBs.

worse i don't know but there isn't a heavier one

that said someone posted a graph in another thread depicting all college qbs. deacon looked like a lone outlier. that was hilarious.

inOH7sM.jpg

Wasn’t he 125 of 126? I’d like to see the guy who is supposedly worse.

That’s a no from me dog…

In all seriousness I wish Deacon the best in life and hopefully he gets a college degree from iowa. Heck he seems like a fine young man, he just doesn't have it as a quarterback on the football field. I'd probably be glad to have him as a son-in-law. But he wouldn't be the quarterback on my flag football team at family reunions, I'll tell you that.

In all seriousness I wish Deacon the best in life and hopefully he gets a college degree from iowa. Heck he seems like a fine young man, he just doesn't have it as a quarterback on the football field. I'd probably be glad to have him as a son-in-law. But he wouldn't be the quarterback on my flag football team at family reunions, I'll tell you that.
Agree, but do think he could succeed at a lower level FCS or D2.

Statistics never lie. He has been a liability but our OC did nothing. Take the ball out of his hands a few times. How about a few wildcats? You can't go five wide when you have a QB that has the speed of a sloth. They blitzed on every play when we went five wide.

Brian is gone now so hopefully the new OC can make changes. If it's Philbin, get rid of Barnett and let him handle the line. Then bring in a QB coach. If it is Chryst, he handles QB duties and still consider getting rid of Barnett. Our O-line is not good.

Statistics never lie. He has been a liability but our OC did nothing. Take the ball out of his hands a few times. How about a few wildcats? You can't go five wide when you have a QB that has the speed of a sloth. They blitzed on every play when we went five wide.

Brian is gone now so hopefully the new OC can make changes. If it's Philbin, get rid of Barnett and let him handle the line. Then bring in a QB coach. If it is Chryst, he handles QB duties and still consider getting rid of Philbin. Our O-line is not good.
I can agree with most of this, well thought out.

Did you somehow miss Nebraska's QB play this season?

Reactions: sabula
Deacon has a cannon attached to his shoulder and that is about it. Haven’t seen that velocity since Dan McGwire. Other than that. Not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT