ADVERTISEMENT

Is there any way we WONT host the first two rounds of NCAA tourney?

BigAssTurkeyLeg

HR MVP
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2021
Also, why is IC a host site and why do we always seem to get to play at home? I just am not sure how this works for NCAAW tourney or why we always seem to get what seems like a huge advantage.

Doesn't a lot of it have to do with how well the team has been supported throughout the season in ticket sales?
I thought that also factored in to who gets to host.

If Iowa loses today and has an early exit in the tournament they won't host the 2nd round. If they win today and have a deep run in the tournament they still need some teams to lose (that would include Ohio State I guess so there is one path) to get back into the top 4 seeds.

If Iowa loses today and has an early exit in the tournament they won't host the 2nd round. If they win today and have a deep run in the tournament they still need some teams to lose (that would include Ohio State I guess so there is one path) to get back into the top 4 seeds.
The top 4 seeds = top 4 in each bracket. It’s the top 16 teams that each host

Iowa will host the 1st and 2nd rounds as do the rest of the Top 16.

If you're meaning the 2nd weekend (instead of the 2nd round), those sites are already predetermined:
8 teams will go to Albany, New York and 8 will go to Portland, Oregon.

If Iowa loses today and loses their 1st game in the Big Ten Tournament I doubt very much they'd drop out of the Top 16.

Okay thanks everyone. For some reason I thought IC itself was a designated host for the first two rounds whether we made the tourney or not.

Top 16 teams all hosting makes sense. Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT