ADVERTISEMENT

Is this who we are as a country?

For years here I chastised people who threw around the word Nazi when describing where the right is headed in the US.
They're getting there. "Papers, please", leads straight to racial profiling. They aren't stopping people that look like me to check citizenship. Sadly some cops will enjoy this, but I hope the vast majority understand what a monumental waste of resources this will be.

Come to think about it, I can’t prove I’m a citizen. I have a license to drive, but that don’t prove anything. Wonder which country I’ll get on the deportation roulette wheel?
I hope you get haiti. I hear it's lovely this time of year.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Ok, I’m not for or against this law. I’m just saying, the headline is lacking critical information. This law pertains to people driving a fvcking motor vehicle. If you don’t have your drivers license you’re getting arrested regardless.
If the police don't have a valid reason for pulling you over, you don't have to provide a driver's license to them.

Louisiana takes leaving your wallet in your other pants very f@cking seriously.

I hope they enforce this law in a fair and equitable fashion, but I doubt that will be what happens.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
LOL at the brand loyal guys who think this is safely limited to a driver’s license and won’t lead to more restrictive laws, and abuses.
Lol. So you’re not so much concerned about this particular bill as you are looking out for what might lie in wait at the bottom of a potentially slippery slope.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
How would you argue that it isn't? I'm willing to hear the case.
How is this bill going to slow down the problem at the border?

I don’t really care what the **** Louisiana does, but if this is just about arresting people for driving without a valid license on them, what’s the point? Doesn’t that law already exist?

It seems to me this is just pandering to a specific demographic in the state for no other purpose than posturing.

How is this bill going to slow down the problem at the border?

I don’t really care what the **** Louisiana does, but if this is just about arresting people for driving without a valid license on them, what’s the point? Doesn’t that law already exist?

It seems to me this is just pandering to a specific demographic in the state for no other purpose than posturing.
That demographic being “the stupid and bigoted” ??

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT