ADVERTISEMENT

Is your bed made everyday?

Wahawk56

HR Legend
Aug 31, 2004
I don't think I've made a bed in nearly 10 years besides changing/washing the covers.

Nope. Hell I often keep an extra blanket on the floor for myself, as my wife (no pic) steals the covers. Every. Single. Night.

Wife makes it every morning when I'm home. During the week when I'm gone, I have no idea. When I was single I started making it everyday from about 22 till I was married at 26. Ladies liked a clean house. I also had to live alone. Roomates were too messy.
This post was edited on 3/25 5:00 PM by Derekd3408

Originally posted by Derekd3408:
Wife makes it every morning when I'm home. During the week when I'm gone, I have no idea. When I was single I started making it everyday from about 22 till I was married at 26. Ladies liked a clean house. I also had to live alone. Roomates were too messy.
You're gone for the entire week?

Originally posted by Wahawk56:

I leave at 7am Monday morning and get home at midnight on thurs. Then Fri, Sat Sun off.

Wife makes it every morning when I'm home. During the week when I'm gone, I have no idea.  When I was single I started making it everyday from about 22 till I was married at 26.  Ladies liked a clean house. I also had to live alone. Roomates were too messy. 

His wife makes the bed every morning, at night I just them all up again! :)
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:

Wife makes it every morning when I'm home. During the week when I'm gone, I have no idea. Â When I was single I started making it everyday from about 22 till I was married at 26. Â Ladies liked a clean house. I also had to live alone. Roomates were too messy.Â
You're gone for the entire week?Â

All affairs are to be had in the spare bedroom, this is very unwelcome news.

Wife makes it every morning when I'm home. During the week when I'm gone, I have no idea.  When I was single I started making it everyday from about 22 till I was married at 26.  Ladies liked a clean house. I also had to live alone. Roomates were too messy. 

Sorry about the stains on the sheets (as you know, and I found out...... She squirts lol)

Every day, and I make it myself. It has been a habit since I was in grade school. I absolutely hate climbing into an unmade bed. I just feels wrong.

Wife makes it every morning when I'm home. During the week when I'm gone, I have no idea. Â When I was single I started making it everyday from about 22 till I was married at 26. Â Ladies liked a clean house. I also had to live alone. Roomates were too messy.Â

OK, this leads me to a more serious note. What do you do for work and does being away for so long make it harder or easier. I think I could do this marriage thing, if I only had to see her three days a week.

OK, this leads me to a more serious note. What do you do for work and does being away for so long make it harder or easier. I think I could do this marriage thing, if I only had to see her three days a week.
I'm in sales first off. As for the marriage question it's hard to say either way. We enjoy the time we spend together very much on the weekends, and it makes that time much much better. We never fight, and I mean never. We take weekend trips a couple times a month and love it.

In December and early January I take 3 weeks off and I love that too. Being home is great. Getting to wake up every morning in my own house is awesome. Its very hard to leave when that vacation is over. On the other hand we do notice that we fall out of our own routines we have separately and start to get annoyed.

The major downfall is time with friends. I don't get a guys night on Friday or Saturday night. And a guys weekend away golfing or hunting is out of the question Unless I take off Wednesday or Thursday. On the other side she will go hang out with me and my guy friends and fit right in.

Overall I would say our marriage is better from the time apart, however if I was home everyday we wouldn't be any worse off IMHO.
This post was edited on 3/25 6:11 PM by Derekd3408

I'm in sales first off. As for the marriage question it's hard to say either way. We enjoy the time we spend together very much on the weekends, and it makes that time much much better. We never fight, and I mean never. We take weekend trips a couple times a month and love it.

In December and early January I take 3 weeks off and I love that too. Being home is great. Getting to wake up every morning in my own house is awesome. Its very hard to leave when that vacation is over. On the other hand we do notice that we fall out of our own routines we have separately and start to get annoyed.

The major downfall is time with friends. I don't get a guys night on Friday or Saturday night. And a guys weekend away golfing or hunting is out of the question Unless I take off Wednesday or Thursday. On the other side she will go hang out with me and my guy friends and fit right in.

Overall I would say our marriage is better from the time apart, however if I was home everyday we wouldn't be any worse off IMHO.
WN?

Originally posted by Honda Hawk:

WN?
Correct

Originally posted by Honda Hawk:

WN?
Correct
What's WN? and from your hotel stays what type of rewards do you get? Do you stay at the same brand every stay?

I don't think I've made a bed in nearly 10 years besides changing/washing the covers.
Yes. It is made every day of the year. Mrs. LC and I share the job.

I do it maybe twice, three times a year, and she picks up the slack.

It sure better be or I will have a talk with one of the staff.

95% of the time.

It's been proven that those that make their bed are more successful and happy, and I think it definitely rings true, from my experience.

WaHawk, it is easy to understand the pattern:

Bachelors do not make their bed.

Husbands have their bed made everyday by
their wives.

Originally posted by LuteHawk:

their wives.
Thanks, Lute. You always provide great wisdom and knowledge to me.

It's made, just not very well. I kind of just drag the covers back up over the pillows.
And, to whoever said they have the extra blanket handy, so do I. I love my wife dearly, but she does the tuck and roll every night with the comforter. Tucks it over her shoulder, and rolls to the outside of the bed leaving me in the cold.

I just want to mention a couple of things. First I agree that distance makes the heart grow fonder. It would be great to get back home and see the wife after being on the road all week. The bolded part seems strange to me. Don't get me wrong, I understand after being away for four days she wants to spend time with you but going out to golf for a couple of hours with friends is "out of the question"? That seems a little odd as it's not like it's all weekend. Plus that could allow her to jump back into a little mini routine while you are home and not get annoyed with you.

Secondly, I'll assume you don't have children from this post along with your Vegas posts. Just beware that once a kid comes all of this is probably going to change. When you leave her for 4 days by herself with a newborn/infant/toddler things might be as rosy as they are now when you return. Not to mention you are going to miss a lot of moments if you do have kids in the future being gone for four days.

Good luck moving forward. I know I would probably enjoy the traveling for a little while. Living out of a suitcase gets old quick. Waking up in hotel rooms isn't my favorite thing after a night or two. Not to mention how much I would have missed my kids growing up.

Any plans to get out of sales in the future?

Originally posted by stevenpatrick:
95% of the time.

It's been proven that those that make their bed are more successful and happy, and I think it definitely rings true, from my experience.
Link? I think that would be an interesting study. When I was single, I made my bed every day. Even throughout college. Now, I usually pull up the covers at least, but definitely don't "make the bed" in the sense of straightening everything out and tucking in the pillows.

Originally posted by fredjr82:
I'm in sales first off. As for the marriage question it's hard to say either way. We enjoy the time we spend together very much on the weekends, and it makes that time much much better. We never fight, and I mean never.

I just want to mention a couple of things. First I agree that distance makes the heart grow fonder. It would be great to get back home and see the wife after being on the road all week. The bolded part seems strange to me. Don't get me wrong, I understand after being away for four days she wants to spend time with you but going out to golf for a couple of hours with friends is "out of the question"? That seems a little odd as it's not like it's all weekend. Plus that could allow her to jump back into a little mini routine while you are home and not get annoyed with you.

Secondly, I'll assume you don't have children from this post along with your Vegas posts. Just beware that once a kid comes all of this is probably going to change. When you leave her for 4 days by herself with a newborn/infant/toddler things might be as rosy as they are now when you return. Not to mention you are going to miss a lot of moments if you do have kids in the future being gone for four days.

Good luck moving forward. I know I would probably enjoy the traveling for a little while. Living out of a suitcase gets old quick. Waking up in hotel rooms isn't my favorite thing after a night or two. Not to mention how much I would have missed my kids growing up.

To address the bolded part, yes I can get away for a couple hours to golf. Also she works Friday's and I can golf with my buddies all day as most of them work the same job I do. Its the guys night out that doesn't happen, being gone 6pm till 2am and coming home hammered. In terms of looking for something else, I will have to at some point. I'm not in this forever, but the money is too good for now. Kids will change everything for sure, which is why at 30 I have held off so far.
This post was edited on 3/26 9:01 AM by Derekd3408

Yes, it is.

Until I was about 21, I rarely made a bed, or cared whether it was made. Then, I had some kind of weird transformation by which I got to the point where I could not stand to be in a room with an unmade bed. Have been that way ever since.

Originally posted by LuteHawk:

their wives.
Thanks, Lute. You always provide great wisdom and knowledge to me.
He's a giver.

I'm in sales first off. As for the marriage question it's hard to say either way. We enjoy the time we spend together very much on the weekends, and it makes that time much much better. We never fight, and I mean never.

To address the bolded part, yes I can get away for a couple hours to golf. Also she works Friday's and I can golf with my buddies all day as most of them work the same job I do. Its the guys night out that doesn't happen, being gone 6pm till 2am and coming home hammered. In terms of looking for something else, I will have to at some point. I'm not in this forever, but the money is too good for now. Kids will change everything for sure, which is why at 30 I have held off so far.
Why, exactly, can't a guys night happen? I really can't get my head around that part. Does she not have friends she wants to socialize with? It all sounds pretty pathetic to me.

Originally posted by stevenpatrick:

Why, exactly, can't a guys night happen? I really can't get my head around that part. Does she not have friends she wants to socialize with? It all sounds pretty pathetic to me.
Well you're a dumbass that no one wants to be around so I'll explain it to you carefully. Maybe, just maybe, my wife likes to be with me. When you only have 2 days to be together you kinda of cherish every minute. If I demanded a guys night she wouldn't stop me, but I don't. When we go places together we see plenty of our friends together, so we get to socialize together. If I came home and my wife said she was headed out with her friends for the night, after me being gone 4 days, I would i of think she didn't really wanna spend that time with me. My marriage is my marriage and me and my wife have more fun together than 99% of the married people I know. What we do works, and quite well.

Go ahead and come back with some stupid ass rebutle DB, I mean SP. You're the only poster on here I would love to meet face to face. But we all know that will never happen.

d11.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT