Is your bed made everyday?

roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by fredjr82:
ec

Originally posted by Derekd3408:

Originally posted by stevenpatrick:

I'm in sales first off. As for the marriage question it's hard to say either way. We enjoy the time we spend together very much on the weekends, and it makes that time much much better. We never fight, and I mean never.

In December and early January I take 3 weeks off and I love that too. Being home is great. Getting to wake up every morning in my own house is awesome. Its very hard to leave when that vacation is over. On the other hand we do notice that we fall out of our own routines we have separately and start to get annoyed.

The major downfall is time with friends. I don't get a guys night on Friday or Saturday night. And a guys weekend away golfing or hunting is out of the question Unless I take off Wednesday or Thursday. On the other side she will go hang out with me and my guy friends and fit right in.

Overall I would say our marriage is better from the time apart, however if I was home everyday we wouldn't be any worse off IMHO.
This post was edited on 3/25 6:11 PM by Derekd3408
I just want to mention a couple of things. First I agree that distance makes the heart grow fonder. It would be great to get back home and see the wife after being on the road all week. The bolded part seems strange to me. Don't get me wrong, I understand after being away for four days she wants to spend time with you but going out to golf for a couple of hours with friends is "out of the question"? That seems a little odd as it's not like it's all weekend. Plus that could allow her to jump back into a little mini routine while you are home and not get annoyed with you.

Secondly, I'll assume you don't have children from this post along with your Vegas posts. Just beware that once a kid comes all of this is probably going to change. When you leave her for 4 days by herself with a newborn/infant/toddler things might be as rosy as they are now when you return. Not to mention you are going to miss a lot of moments if you do have kids in the future being gone for four days.

Good luck moving forward. I know I would probably enjoy the traveling for a little while. Living out of a suitcase gets old quick. Waking up in hotel rooms isn't my favorite thing after a night or two. Not to mention how much I would have missed my kids growing up.

Any plans to get out of sales in the future?
To address the bolded part, yes I can get away for a couple hours to golf. Also she works Friday's and I can golf with my buddies all day as most of them work the same job I do. Its the guys night out that doesn't happen, being gone 6pm till 2am and coming home hammered. In terms of looking for something else, I will have to at some point. I'm not in this forever, but the money is too good for now. Kids will change everything for sure, which is why at 30 I have held off so far.
This post was edited on 3/26 9:01 AM by Derekd3408
Why, exactly, can't a guys night happen? I really can't get my head around that part. Does she not have friends she wants to socialize with? It all sounds pretty pathetic to me.
Well you're a dumbass that no one wants to be around so I'll explain it to you carefully. Maybe, just maybe, my wife likes to be with me. When you only have 2 days to be together you kinda of cherish every minute. If I demanded a guys night she wouldn't stop me, but I don't. When we go places together we see plenty of our friends together, so we get to socialize together. If I came home and my wife said she was headed out with her friends for the night, after me being gone 4 days, I would i of think she didn't really wanna spend that time with me. My marriage is my marriage and me and my wife have more fun together than 99% of the married people I know. What we do works, and quite well.

Go ahead and come back with some stupid ass rebutle DB, I mean SP. You're the only poster on here I would love to meet face to face. But we all know that will never happen.
Yeah you sound like you have a lot of fun with her, being held hostage every weekend. You even said yourself that it's a major downfall. She sounds insecure to say the least. And if your marriage was so great, you both wouldn't look forward to your time apart, as you stated in an earlier post.

I'm curious to hear what your friends (assuming you have friends with this behavior) have to say about it.

I'm in sales first off. As for the marriage question it's hard to say either way. We enjoy the time we spend together very much on the weekends, and it makes that time much much better. We never fight, and I mean never.

In December and early January I take 3 weeks off and I love that too. Being home is great. Getting to wake up every morning in my own house is awesome. Its very hard to leave when that vacation is over. On the other hand we do notice that we fall out of our own routines we have separately and start to get annoyed.

The major downfall is time with friends. I don't get a guys night on Friday or Saturday night. And a guys weekend away golfing or hunting is out of the question Unless I take off Wednesday or Thursday. On the other side she will go hang out with me and my guy friends and fit right in.

Overall I would say our marriage is better from the time apart, however if I was home everyday we wouldn't be any worse off IMHO.
I just want to mention a couple of things. First I agree that distance makes the heart grow fonder. It would be great to get back home and see the wife after being on the road all week. The bolded part seems strange to me. Don't get me wrong, I understand after being away for four days she wants to spend time with you but going out to golf for a couple of hours with friends is "out of the question"? That seems a little odd as it's not like it's all weekend. Plus that could allow her to jump back into a little mini routine while you are home and not get annoyed with you.

Secondly, I'll assume you don't have children from this post along with your Vegas posts. Just beware that once a kid comes all of this is probably going to change. When you leave her for 4 days by herself with a newborn/infant/toddler things might be as rosy as they are now when you return. Not to mention you are going to miss a lot of moments if you do have kids in the future being gone for four days.

Good luck moving forward. I know I would probably enjoy the traveling for a little while. Living out of a suitcase gets old quick. Waking up in hotel rooms isn't my favorite thing after a night or two. Not to mention how much I would have missed my kids growing up.

To address the bolded part, yes I can get away for a couple hours to golf. Also she works Friday's and I can golf with my buddies all day as most of them work the same job I do. Its the guys night out that doesn't happen, being gone 6pm till 2am and coming home hammered. In terms of looking for something else, I will have to at some point. I'm not in this forever, but the money is too good for now. Kids will change everything for sure, which is why at 30 I have held off so far.
Why, exactly, can't a guys night happen? I really can't get my head around that part. Does she not have friends she wants to socialize with? It all sounds pretty pathetic to me.
Well you're a dumbass that no one wants to be around so I'll explain it to you carefully. Maybe, just maybe, my wife likes to be with me. When you only have 2 days to be together you kinda of cherish every minute. If I demanded a guys night she wouldn't stop me, but I don't. When we go places together we see plenty of our friends together, so we get to socialize together. If I came home and my wife said she was headed out with her friends for the night, after me being gone 4 days, I would i of think she didn't really wanna spend that time with me. My marriage is my marriage and me and my wife have more fun together than 99% of the married people I know. What we do works, and quite well.

Go ahead and come back with some stupid ass rebutle DB, I mean SP. You're the only poster on here I would love to meet face to face. But we all know that will never happen.
Yeah you sound like you have a lot of fun with her, being held hostage every weekend. You even said yourself that it's a major downfall. She sounds insecure to say the least. And if your marriage was so great, you both wouldn't look forward to your time apart, as you stated in an earlier post.

I'm curious to hear what your friends (assuming you have friends with this behavior) have to say about it.
It is a major downfall of my job. I don't get to go to Tuesday night men's night at the GC like I used to. It was one of my favorite things. I also don't get to go to the local bar on Thursdays for a couple tacos and some beers like the good ol days. I'm out of town so it's impossible. Not every downfall of this job is related to my wife. On the weekends my wife prefers to spend time with me, I'm by no means locked in the house or held hostage as you say. Spin it all you want that's fine, the ones that do usually are unhappy with their own lives. I don't need some poster on a message board to breakdown my marriage. I'm very very happy, and I wish everyone the happiness my life has allowed me, even you SP.

It is a major downfall of my job. I don't get to go to Tuesday night men's night at the GC like I used to. It was one of my favorite things. I also don't get to go to the local bar on Thursdays for a couple tacos and some beers like the good ol days. I'm out of town so it's impossible. Not every downfall of this job is related to my wife. On the weekends my wife prefers to spend time with me, I'm by no means locked in the house or held hostage as you say. Spin it all you want that's fine, the ones that do usually are unhappy with their own lives. I don't need some poster on a message board to breakdown my marriage. I'm very very happy, and I wish everyone the happiness my life has allowed me, even you SP.
Well said.

Originally posted by JWolf74:
Nope. Hell I often keep an extra blanket on the floor for myself, as my wife (no pic) steals the covers. Every. Single. Night.
I do not share a blanket or sheet with my wife. We each have our own and couldn't ask for a better nights sleep.

You made it clear in earlier posts that if she's around, you can't see your friends. Which is why you sneak out on Friday afternoonswhen she works to golf. As long as you're home by the time her car pulls into the driveway, you're OK. Yup, sounds like a healthy relationship to me. Just curious-what if you decide to go get drinks after golf? And what do you do when it's during one of the 9 months in Iowa when you can't golf?

You also said you get annoyed with each other after you're home for awhile. Spin it all you want, but it sounds awful. But good luck to you on your quest for happiness.

I'm in sales first off.  As for the marriage question it's hard to say either way. We enjoy the time we spend together very much on the weekends, and it makes that time much much better. We never fight, and I mean never.  

I just want to mention a couple of things.  First I agree that distance makes the heart grow fonder.  It would be great to get back home and see the wife after being on the road all week.  The bolded part seems strange to me.  Don't get me wrong, I understand after being away for four days she wants to spend time with you but going out to golf for a couple of hours with friends is "out of the question"?  That seems a little odd as it's not like it's all weekend.  Plus that could allow her to jump back into a little mini routine while you are home and not get annoyed with you.

Secondly, I'll assume you don't have children from this post along with your Vegas posts.  Just beware that once a kid comes all of this is probably going to change.  When you leave her for 4 days by herself with a newborn/infant/toddler things might be as rosy as they are now when you return.  Not to mention you are going to miss a lot of moments if you do have kids in the future being gone for four days.

Good luck moving forward.  I know I would probably enjoy the traveling for a little while.  Living out of a suitcase gets old quick.  Waking up in hotel rooms isn't my favorite thing after a night or two.  Not to mention how much I would have missed my kids growing up.

To address the bolded part, yes I can get away for a couple hours to golf.  Also she works Friday's and I can golf with my buddies all day as most of them work the same job I do. Its the guys night out that doesn't happen, being gone 6pm till 2am and coming home hammered. In terms of looking for something else, I will have to at some point. I'm not in this forever, but the money is too good for now. Kids will change everything for sure, which is why at 30 I have held off so far. 
Why, exactly, can't a guys night happen?  I really can't get my head around that part.  Does she not have friends she wants to socialize with?  It all sounds pretty pathetic to me.

Yeah you sound like you have a lot of fun with her, being held hostage every weekend.  You even said yourself that it's a major downfall.  She sounds insecure to say the least. And if your marriage was so great, you both wouldn't look forward to your time apart, as you stated in an earlier post.  

It is a major downfall of my job. I don't get to go to Tuesday night men's night at the GC like I used to. It was one of my favorite things. I also don't get to go to the local bar on Thursdays for a couple tacos and some beers like the good ol days. I'm out of town so it's impossible. Not every downfall of this job is related to my wife.  On the weekends my wife prefers to spend time with me, I'm by no means locked in the house or held hostage as you say. Spin it all you want that's fine, the ones that do usually are unhappy with their own lives. I don't need some poster on a message board to breakdown my marriage. I'm very very happy, and I wish everyone the happiness my life has allowed me, even you SP. 
  You made it clear in earlier posts that if she's around, you can't see your friends.  Which is why you sneak out on Friday afternoonswhen she works to golf.  As long as you're home by the time her car pulls into the driveway, you're OK.  Yup, sounds like a healthy relationship to me.  Just curious-what if you decide to go get drinks after golf?  And what do you do when it's during one of the 9 months in Iowa when you can't golf?

You also said you get annoyed with each other after you're home for awhile.  Spin it all you want, but it sounds awful.  But good luck to you on your quest for happiness.

You are not a real person.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by jellyfish10:

I'm in sales first off. Â As for the marriage question it's hard to say either way. We enjoy the time we spend together very much on the weekends, and it makes that time much much better. We never fight, and I mean never. Â

Â
In December and early January I take 3 weeks off and I love that too. Being home is great. Getting to wake up every morning in my own house is awesome. Its very hard to leave when that vacation is over. On the other hand we do notice that we fall out of our own routines we have separately and start to get annoyed. Â

Overall I would say our marriage is better from the time apart, however if I was home everyday we wouldn't be any worse off IMHO.Â
I just want to mention a couple of things. Â First I agree that distance makes the heart grow fonder. Â It would be great to get back home and see the wife after being on the road all week. Â The bolded part seems strange to me. Â Don't get me wrong, I understand after being away for four days she wants to spend time with you but going out to golf for a couple of hours with friends is "out of the question"? Â That seems a little odd as it's not like it's all weekend. Â Plus that could allow her to jump back into a little mini routine while you are home and not get annoyed with you.

Secondly, I'll assume you don't have children from this post along with your Vegas posts. Â Just beware that once a kid comes all of this is probably going to change. Â When you leave her for 4 days by herself with a newborn/infant/toddler things might be as rosy as they are now when you return. Â Not to mention you are going to miss a lot of moments if you do have kids in the future being gone for four days.

Good luck moving forward. Â I know I would probably enjoy the traveling for a little while. Â Living out of a suitcase gets old quick. Â Waking up in hotel rooms isn't my favorite thing after a night or two. Â Not to mention how much I would have missed my kids growing up.

To address the bolded part, yes I can get away for a couple hours to golf. Â Also she works Friday's and I can golf with my buddies all day as most of them work the same job I do. Its the guys night out that doesn't happen, being gone 6pm till 2am and coming home hammered. In terms of looking for something else, I will have to at some point. I'm not in this forever, but the money is too good for now. Kids will change everything for sure, which is why at 30 I have held off so far.Â
Why, exactly, can't a guys night happen? Â I really can't get my head around that part. Â Does she not have friends she wants to socialize with? Â It all sounds pretty pathetic to me.
Well you're a dumbass that no one wants to be around so I'll explain it to you carefully. Maybe, just maybe, my wife likes to be with me. When you only have 2 days to be together you kinda of cherish every minute. If I demanded a guys night she wouldn't stop me, but I don't. When we go places together we see plenty of our friends together, so we get to socialize together. If I came home and my wife said she was headed out with her friends for the night, after me being gone 4 days, I would i of think she didn't really wanna spend that time with me. My marriage is my marriage and me and my wife have more fun together than 99% of the married people I know. What we do works, and quite well.Â

Go ahead and come back with some stupid ass rebutle DB, I mean SP. You're the only poster on here I would love to meet face to face. But we all know that will never happen.Â
Yeah you sound like you have a lot of fun with her, being held hostage every weekend. Â You even said yourself that it's a major downfall. Â She sounds insecure to say the least. And if your marriage was so great, you both wouldn't look forward to your time apart, as you stated in an earlier post. Â

It is a major downfall of my job. I don't get to go to Tuesday night men's night at the GC like I used to. It was one of my favorite things. I also don't get to go to the local bar on Thursdays for a couple tacos and some beers like the good ol days. I'm out of town so it's impossible. Not every downfall of this job is related to my wife. Â On the weekends my wife prefers to spend time with me, I'm by no means locked in the house or held hostage as you say. Spin it all you want that's fine, the ones that do usually are unhappy with their own lives. I don't need some poster on a message board to breakdown my marriage. I'm very very happy, and I wish everyone the happiness my life has allowed me, even you SP.Â
 You made it clear in earlier posts that if she's around, you can't see your friends.  Which is why you sneak out on Friday afternoonswhen she works to golf.  As long as you're home by the time her car pulls into the driveway, you're OK.  Yup, sounds like a healthy relationship to me.  Just curious-what if you decide to go get drinks after golf?  And what do you do when it's during one of the 9 months in Iowa when you can't golf?

You also said you get annoyed with each other after you're home for awhile. Â Spin it all you want, but it sounds awful. Â But good luck to you on your quest for happiness.

I've met people from this board. Have you?

Originally posted by jellyfish10:

I'm in sales first off.  As for the marriage question it's hard to say either way. We enjoy the time we spend together very much on the weekends, and it makes that time much much better. We never fight, and I mean never.  

I just want to mention a couple of things.  First I agree that distance makes the heart grow fonder.  It would be great to get back home and see the wife after being on the road all week.  The bolded part seems strange to me.  Don't get me wrong, I understand after being away for four days she wants to spend time with you but going out to golf for a couple of hours with friends is "out of the question"?  That seems a little odd as it's not like it's all weekend.  Plus that could allow her to jump back into a little mini routine while you are home and not get annoyed with you.

Secondly, I'll assume you don't have children from this post along with your Vegas posts.  Just beware that once a kid comes all of this is probably going to change.  When you leave her for 4 days by herself with a newborn/infant/toddler things might be as rosy as they are now when you return.  Not to mention you are going to miss a lot of moments if you do have kids in the future being gone for four days.

Good luck moving forward.  I know I would probably enjoy the traveling for a little while.  Living out of a suitcase gets old quick.  Waking up in hotel rooms isn't my favorite thing after a night or two.  Not to mention how much I would have missed my kids growing up.

To address the bolded part, yes I can get away for a couple hours to golf.  Also she works Friday's and I can golf with my buddies all day as most of them work the same job I do. Its the guys night out that doesn't happen, being gone 6pm till 2am and coming home hammered. In terms of looking for something else, I will have to at some point. I'm not in this forever, but the money is too good for now. Kids will change everything for sure, which is why at 30 I have held off so far. 
Why, exactly, can't a guys night happen?  I really can't get my head around that part.  Does she not have friends she wants to socialize with?  It all sounds pretty pathetic to me.

Yeah you sound like you have a lot of fun with her, being held hostage every weekend.  You even said yourself that it's a major downfall.  She sounds insecure to say the least. And if your marriage was so great, you both wouldn't look forward to your time apart, as you stated in an earlier post.  

It is a major downfall of my job. I don't get to go to Tuesday night men's night at the GC like I used to. It was one of my favorite things. I also don't get to go to the local bar on Thursdays for a couple tacos and some beers like the good ol days. I'm out of town so it's impossible. Not every downfall of this job is related to my wife.  On the weekends my wife prefers to spend time with me, I'm by no means locked in the house or held hostage as you say. Spin it all you want that's fine, the ones that do usually are unhappy with their own lives. I don't need some poster on a message board to breakdown my marriage. I'm very very happy, and I wish everyone the happiness my life has allowed me, even you SP. 

You also said you get annoyed with each other after you're home for awhile.  Spin it all you want, but it sounds awful.  But good luck to you on your quest for happiness.

Posted from Rivals Mobile I've met people from this board.  Have you?

Yes.

Originally posted by BubsFinn:
Every day, and I make it myself. It has been a habit since I was in grade school. I absolutely hate climbing into an unmade bed. I just feels wrong.
Me, too. I have OCD so I make it everyday. I like a neat clean house. We have had repairmen who comment that the house is the cleanest one they have ever been in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT