ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah White looking for a new home?

No, most of it has been about how it's ok because it will create good workout partners. I'd be happy if you got these kids because all I like is to see great wrestling. I just hate how you justify on one hand and condemn on the other.
Thank you for standing up for what's right, and bringing integrity to an otherwise immoral board.

What handle do you use on BWI? Would be interesting to see how you really feel on this as well:/
I use the same handle. Check me out. I wrestled for Ohio University around 20 years ago. Like I said, I just love to see great wrestling and having Iowa great is good for wrestling. I sure loved what PSU did this year as well.

Reactions: Hawkeye197
I use the same handle. Check me out. I wrestled for Ohio University around 20 years ago. Like I said, I just love to see great wrestling and having Iowa great is good for wrestling. I sure loved what PSU did this year as well.

giphy.gif

Taxicab Confessions- nonVegas edition.
A week ago Isaiah rode alone with me to Champaign for Illinois Freestyle State. I ran into Perry. I also had a passing chat with Imar.

White plans on wrestling D1 going forward.
Perry looks to have slimmed down. 30 year old baby cheeks gone.
Imar was cleaning up after the tournament like a walk on redshirt. Combination of swagger and humility that not only promotes personal success but seems to be the kinda kid you want leading your team.

As for any of them giving me any indication where they will be in 2018... what happens in Champaign stays in Champaign. ;)

Papa, I know you aren't at liberty to share specifics. But with the latest Perry news, I was wondering if you could at least confirm that some of your other conversations ended with the words "Illinois where?"

No, most of it has been about how it's ok because it will create good workout partners. I'd be happy if you got these kids because all I like is to see great wrestling. I just hate how you justify on one hand and condemn on the other.
if you hate what is said here feel free to stay away,no one will even know you are gone.we are such bad people and all.

#HRCesspoolpride

yellow shirt with black font
black shirt with yellow font

Company in DSM (broken arrow) does fundraising shirts where they set it up on the website for certain number of days, people go and buy the shirts. Then at the end of the period, they make the shirts and mail them out. Funds get raised for whatever causes...not sure how much per shirt though. I could look into it.

Apparently so (White, IMAR, and Duncan). And, not from Illinois, but throw in Lugo as well.

This thread turned out to be far more entertaining than I ever imagined. Especially with Downey in the RU lineup and IMAR relegating Marinelli to a backup role. Nice job to all involved.

So Iowa fans can't talk about transfer possibilities on our board without a PSU guy coming over and showing his disapproval in multiple posts? Relax dude, it's just chatter.

So Iowa fans can't talk about transfer possibilities on our board without a PSU guy coming over and showing his disapproval in multiple posts? Relax dude, it's just chatter.
Kinda like how they were going to sign every uncommitted and committed recruit in the top 20 P4P right after nationals.

Who is "you" when you say how "you" justify on one hand and condemn on the other? You realize this is a board with many posters each with his or her own opinions, right? Could it be that some people fall on one side of an issue and others fall on the opposite side? You come over here and say "we" are hypocrites because "we" are taking both sides. Unless you want to speak about someone in particular, which you should do with that person individually, you should probably spend more time reading and less time typing because what you are saying is not accurate nor does it make any sense.

#HRCesspoolpride

yellow shirt with black font
black shirt with yellow font

Company in DSM (broken arrow) does fundraising shirts where they set it up on the website for certain number of days, people go and buy the shirts. Then at the end of the period, they make the shirts and mail them out. Funds get raised for whatever causes...not sure how much per shirt though. I could look into it.
Wonder if someone could track down the guy who designed the Dan Dennis shirts. Maybe he could design something.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye

Thanks for the advice, but I'm relaxed, dude, and not voicing disapproval whatsoever. Just getting some entertainment value from this thread. So keep chatting away.

I have been trying not to interject myself too much in these threads lately bc I am an Illinois fan and the topic recently sting. I think Heffernan is fantastic, but I am disappointed in losing Perry am not enjoying the Imar, Meija, or Renteria talk.

However, White doesn't ruffle my feathers. So, I'll chime in. People forget how good White is because of his "quiet" Senior year. However, he was ranked ahead of Marinelli just about everywhere entering the season. One of my favorite White matches was his Ironman Final his Junior year, when he met up with Senior #1 seed Vincenzo Joeesph at 152 and came away with a championship. Joeseph obviously was a top 10 p4p guy and won a NCAA championship over IMAR.

As an aside, some other results from the Ironman that year included, Junior, Alex Marinelli upset the #1 seed in the 160 pound final another would be PSU wrestler and top 10 p4p recruit, Senior Mason Manville.

Senior Kemerer also won the 145 final, although didn't beat a top 10 p4p PSU recruit along the way. Senior, Turk was also 3rd and Sophomore, Warner DNP.

Wonder if someone could track down the guy who designed the Dan Dennis shirts. Maybe he could design something.
Great idea. Former Iowa wrestler Jeret Chiri. Phenomenally talented kid. I'm sure he's busy doing his own thing, but he's done a bunch of outstanding wrestling-related work in addition the Dennis t-shirt. I think it's quite possible we could put together a collaborative venture with him that would make it worth is time and also benefit the HWC. It's been considered for a while but I do think it's worth pursuing more aggressively. Sure makes a lot of sense.

Whoever gets White also gets the academic risk involved, unless that has diminished with maturity. A fairly high risk, high reward selection imo without the proper due diligence. Time will tell though, and I wish him well where ever he lands.

Whoever gets White also gets the academic risk involved, unless that has diminished with maturity. A fairly high risk, high reward selection imo without the proper due diligence. Time will tell though, and I wish him well where ever he lands.
Yeah, risk is a funny thing. There's the first order risk that a kid himself doesn't stay eligible by whatever standard, then there's that second order risk from others either being influenced or alienated by an exception. I won't judge the individual here - I simply am not not well informed.

I have been trying not to interject myself too much in these threads lately bc I am an Illinois fan and the topic recently sting. I think Heffernan is fantastic, but I am disappointed in losing Perry am not enjoying the Imar, Meija, or Renteria talk.

However, White doesn't ruffle my feathers. So, I'll chime in. People forget how good White is because of his "quiet" Senior year. However, he was ranked ahead of Marinelli just about everywhere entering the season. One of my favorite White matches was his Ironman Final his Junior year, when he met up with Senior #1 seed Vincenzo Joeesph at 152 and came away with a championship. Joeseph obviously was a top 10 p4p guy and won a NCAA championship over IMAR.

As an aside, some other results from the Ironman that year included, Junior, Alex Marinelli upset the #1 seed in the 160 pound final another would be PSU wrestler and top 10 p4p recruit, Senior Mason Manville.

Senior Kemerer also won the 145 final, although didn't beat a top 10 p4p PSU recruit along the way. Senior, Turk was also 3rd and Sophomore, Warner DNP.

Good post. Good thing about Perry leaving is that maybe it will clear up any kind of rift in the room and make room for a Kennedy type to jump on board or someone with deep connections to the clubs/high schools in Chicago. Lots of former Hawkeyes on that list.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
Good post. Good thing about Perry leaving is that maybe it will clear up any kind of rift in the room and make room for a Kennedy type to jump on board or someone with deep connections to the clubs/high schools in Chicago. Lots of former Hawkeyes on that list.

Or it opens up a spot for Tirapelle, who just left Penn, to take over and become effectively the new head coach in waiting.

Or it opens up a spot for Tirapelle, who just left Penn, to take over and become effectively the new head coach in waiting.

This is actually exactly what I am hoping for. That would of course also solidify the California connection which has served Illinois better than just about any program in the country. His family (dad and brother) are at the reigns of the two best high school programs in California, Buchanan and Clovis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
This is actually exactly what I am hoping for. That would of course also solidify the California connection which has served Illinois better than just about any program in the country. His family (dad and brother) are at the reigns of the two best high school programs in California, Buchanan and Clovis.

I thought the timing of his resignation and Perry leaving his job to at least be interesting. Publicly, Tirapelle left his job first but it would be interesting to know about what happened behind the scenes if anything.

Taxicab Confessions- nonVegas edition.
A week ago Isaiah rode alone with me to Champaign for Illinois Freestyle State. I ran into Perry. I also had a passing chat with Imar.

White plans on wrestling D1 going forward.
Perry looks to have slimmed down. 30 year old baby cheeks gone.
Imar was cleaning up after the tournament like a walk on redshirt. Combination of swagger and humility that not only promotes personal success but seems to be the kinda kid you want leading your team.

As for any of them giving me any indication where they will be in 2018... what happens in Champaign stays in Champaign. ;)
I love it when anonymous internet message board posters classify their 'information' to protect their anonymous message board handle. As if PapaBearSlim were to say Isaiah White told him he will be at Ohio State in 2018, that info would turn the wrestling community on its head. If the kid told you anything, your not the only one he's telling... I can assure you this in its probability. Might as well relay what he said or your post is as irrelevant as it gets.

Reactions: anon_158pyj2g2d8m7
I love it when anonymous internet message board posters classify their 'information' to protect their anonymous message board handle. As if PapaBearSlim were to say Isaiah White told him he will be at Ohio State in 2018, that info would turn the wrestling community on its head. If the kid told you anything, your not the only one he's telling... I can assure you this in its probability. Might as well relay what he said or your post is as irrelevant as it gets.

PapaBearSlim is definitely not anonymous to people on this board. He has been very open about who he is.

PapaBear coaches for OPRF (White's H.S.) and has a kid that wrestles D-1....you were a little bit early in your assessment of him.

Huh? Everyone here knows the identity of PBSlim.

Its not your business to decide what another poster divulges on a public forum. Contrary to popular belief, you are not in entitled to a, "participation medal," of inside information, no matter how hard you stomp your foot and whine…..:eek::rolleyes:o_O

Says the anonymous poster.
Welcome to the board! Great first post!

You lost the internet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT