ADVERTISEMENT

ISU #1 in the nation in returning starters

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

I believe Soupy Campbell returned almost his entire team from the fluke covid season and they were supposed to be great that following year....ranked in the Top 10 etc.....and we all know what happened then.

If you have one of the worst teams in the country and you return most of the starters, you probably will still have one of the worst teams in the country the following year.

Iowa State was pretty decent last year and many of the offensive skill position players were freshman.

Iowa State was pretty decent last year and many of the offensive skill position players were freshman.
Their top 3 returning wr will be seniors this coming season and 4th best was a sr as well as backup te dean who no clue if using free year or not. Yes have te and your rb that were frosh but that’s not “many”. also lost other 2 RBs besides him unless you want to count that white rb in the bowl game then…

Their top 3 returning wr will be seniors this coming season and 4th best was a sr as well as backup te dean who no clue if using free year or not. Yes have te and your rb that were frosh but that’s not “many”. also lost other 2 RBs besides him unless you want to count that white rb in the bowl game then…

Well, and the QB.

If you have one of the worst teams in the country and you return most of the starters, you probably will still have one of the worst teams in the country the following year.
That makes sense. Now let's change the topic to Iowa State.

Reactions: Digger1
A 7-6 team bringing nearly everyone back the following year is actually pretty solid.

Reactions: Digger1
Well, there are certainly advantages having that many returning starters - particularly early on. They should be able to play pretty fast (less thinking that new players bring to early first starts) and solid communication between players on the field.

I actually thought ISU did a pretty good job last year, all things considered. They lost four starters to the gambling stuff (QB, OL, TE, DL). Had some clunkers, but also beat ranked OSU & KSU.

I know that Iowa has one of the most experienced teams in 2024, mixing returning starters and age (i.e., more development time in a P5 S&C Program).

Offense: 1 SO, 1 JR, 5 SR, 4 GR
Defense: 1 SO, 2 JR, 5 SR, 3 GR

I've always had to laugh at the "returning starters" info. If you look at some of the top programs every year for the last 10 to 15 years - Alabama, Georgia, OSU etc.... - they have depth to replace the massive amounts of players they send to the NFL. Those programs may not win it all every year but they're always in the thick of their conference and NC talk. My point - it's more about quality depth, especially late in the year with some injuries factoring in

I don't know how much this means as it depends on the actual talent returning. Iowa might have the most seasoned 2 deep oline in the country next year. I don't know who's really all that excited about it.

Dude, please...don't start any thread with that phrase.

How bout ISU has the most returning starters, or something of the like.

So, ISU football is basically an elementary school cafeteria with all staff returning for the new school year. There’s experience there, sure. But, the product will once again be shit.

Reactions: shudaddy
So, ISU football is basically an elementary school cafeteria with all staff returning for the new school year. There’s experience there, sure. But, the product will once again be shit.
Meh, I would say maybe they will have a better QB than us, but that's probably about it.

Reactions: shudaddy
Sure hope for isu’s sake that the leftover league doesn’t have a defense as dominant as Memphis’s. Hate to see isu get embarrassed yet again.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT