ADVERTISEMENT

ISU Punt Return Game

Big Hawk D-Port

HB Heisman
Nov 29, 2004
ISU had an outstanding game returning punts, and I don't think any of us confuse Dillon Kidd with Reggie Roby.

In a tight game, I can see ISU flipping field position on a few punt returns. Should be a point of emphasis for the Hawks this week.

That had everything to do with UNI and it's punting unit. Did you watch the game?

ISU had an outstanding game returning punts, and I don't think any of us confuse Dillon Kidd with Reggie Roby.

In a tight game, I can see ISU flipping field position on a few punt returns. Should be a point of emphasis for the Hawks this week.
The first few punts by UNI were a guy with a rugby-type style. He was line-driving them straight to Lazard, giving him about a half hour to set up his blockers. He did a very nice job returning them, don't get me wrong; he's not fast, but he was very patient reading his blocks and he's a big kid who isn't going to be arm tackled. The walk-on who had a return for a TD (transfer from UNI, where he ran track but didn't play football) just used speed.

Reactions: SansSouci
Lazard seems to be a dangerous return man. But as has been said UNI really did nothing to correct their coverage issues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT