ADVERTISEMENT

ISU vs ASU

Jan 16, 2017
I’m in Phoenix visiting my old college work out partner. He wrestled 197 I was HWT. He turned 40 today. A few of us flew in to surprise him. We went to the ISU vs ASU dual. Drunken shenanigans made us late. We showed up at the 141 pound match. Ech TF his guy. Freshman Kaleb Larkin pinned Swirderski, not sure why Parco didn’t wrestle. Chittum dominated Teemer, Teemer got first TD then it was all Chittum. Carr TF. Gaiten vs Valencia was fun lots of good scrambles, Gaiten won a crazy match something like 11-8. Feldkamp was down early to Negron but grinder out a win. Bordersen had a workman like win. Batista looked good securing the only TD of match vs Schultz by picking him completely up off the mat on a HC. Good dual. ISU won convincingly. There was as many ISU fans in attendance as ASU. 2 things stuck out, ASU was out of shape and Zeke Jones was crying/complaining the entire dual. I missed terukina beating Richie figs and Chelbove beating Frost.

Party on!

I’m in Phoenix visiting my old college work out partner. He wrestled 197 I was HWT. He turned 40 today. A few of us flew in to surprise him. We went to the ISU vs ASU dual. Drunken shenanigans made us late. We showed up at the 141 pound match. Ech TF his guy. Freshman Kaleb Larkin pinned Swirderski, not sure why Parco didn’t wrestle. Chittum dominated Teemer, Teemer got first TD then it was all Chittum. Carr TF. Gaiten vs Valencia was fun lots of good scrambles, Gaiten won a crazy match something like 11-8. Feldkamp was down early to Negron but grinder out a win. Bordersen had a workman like win. Batista looked good securing the only TD of match vs Schultz by picking him completely up off the mat on a HC. Good dual. ISU won convincingly. There was as many ISU fans in attendance as ASU. 2 things stuck out, ASU was out of shape and Zeke Jones was crying/complaining the entire dual. I missed terukina beating Richie figs and Chelbove beating Frost.

Party on!
Figs didn't wrestle it was Mascarenas and Perryman went 133 not Frost.

Party on!
great post! what sticks out to me is Drunken shenanigans and Chittum dominated Teemer.

ISU certainly seems poised to break Kevie's streak of no top ten finishes at Nattys.

They're decent this season.

The team ASU put on the mat isn't a top 10 team.
I haven't been impressed with ASU so far this season.

It just shows how really hard it is to build a perennial contender. I have always really liked Zeke. He hit the ground running at ASU and his recruiting was on fire early. I thought he had a legit chance to get ASU into the conversation.

I don’t want to count him out yet. But, it looks like they may be falling back to the mean. Zahid’s drug use didn’t help and Pendleton to Oregon State was a big blow.

I think he will still land some big names on and off, but I am starting to think he will never be able to get the depth necessary to really contend.

It just shows how really hard it is to build a perennial contender. I have always really liked Zeke. He hit the ground running at ASU and his recruiting was on fire early. I thought he had a legit chance to get ASU into the conversation.

I don’t want to count him out yet. But, it looks like they may be falling back to the mean. Zahid’s drug use didn’t help and Pendleton to Oregon State was a big blow.

I think he will still land some big names on and off, but I am starting to think he will never be able to get the depth necessary to really contend.
I agree Zeke is a good dude. I really thought they would consistently be in the top 5/6 and in the conversation for #1 from time to time.

The team ASU put on the mat isn't a top 10 team.
I haven't been impressed with ASU so far this season.
My opinion of ISU has absolutely nothing to do with ASU.

Listen, it's no secret I dislike the Clone program, but in reality, most years there's only 7-9 good teams in all of D-1.

With teams like NC St and Minnesota down this year, I can easily see Dresser and Co finishing top ten.

My opinion of ISU has absolutely nothing to do with ASU.

Listen, it's no secret I dislike the Clone program, but in reality, most years there's only 7-9 good teams in all of D-1.

With teams like NC St and Minnesota down this year, I can easily see Dresser and Co finishing top ten.
Makes sense, but I totally believe they'll crap the bed and finish outside of the top ten.

Reactions: bammhawk1
Makes sense, but I totally believe they'll crap the bed and finish outside of the top ten.
Perhaps if Encemendia has trouble on Day 2 weigh ins.

165/Hwt are both easily top 5.

149/157/184 likely 6-8.

5 AAs is a top 10 finish.

JMO

Why would you wear Hawkeye gear to an ISU meet?

giphy.gif

Wearing ISU gear to an Iowa meet when ISU isn’t wrestling makes you look like a fool and vice versa. If you can’t see that then we’ll I don’t know what to tell you.

Wearing ISU gear to an Iowa meet when ISU isn’t wrestling makes you look like a fool and vice versa. If you can’t see that then we’ll I don’t know what to tell you.
So my son can't wear a Tiger Woods cap to a golf event if Tiger isn't playing? There are fans sports that go to see the sport, even though the teams/individuals playing on that day are not their favorites.

I have seen pics at Iowa State graduations where gradates have the Tiger Hawk stickers on their cap so its not crazy in this state to see a Hawk hat at a neutral event.

I'm going to break my new years resolution of not calling people acting like a clown, a clown.

You're acting like a 🤡.

Damn, didn't even make it two weeks. Oh well.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT