ADVERTISEMENT

NEBBY GRADES

IRONBIRD

HR MVP
Dec 2, 2010
125 -AYALA -95 #5 vs #7 Looked very good. controlled the entire match. Thought the stall call on him was not a good call. Only complaint was he did not finish any of his shots deeper into match but I believe he could have if needed!

133 -Teske- 50# 7 vs #30 did not look good at all!!! Got a chuckle when one of the announcers said he was a "Hammer on top" time to give schiever a few starts

141- Woods- 90 #1 vs # 7 Woods looks good. I think the 3 point TD hurts him a little. Had an unREAL duck right on edge of mat! Never scored from top

149-Rathjen- 75 #12 vs #1 OK match, somewhat out gunned, I felt stall calls were a little quick? He kept the match close!

157- Frankel - 98 #2 vs # 3 BEST I have seen him so far. gave up 1st TD. Came out on bottom strong, kept fighting and looked better as match went on meaning. More likely to pull out the Victory!!!

165 Candy- 88- #7 vs # 19 looked mostly in control in any case needed 1 more TD for bonus

174- Kennedy- 83 UR vs 30 Gave up 1st TD then took over the match. Wrestling up a weight so giving up some size.

184- Riggins- 75 UR vs #3 Again we were somewhat out gunned but he fought real hard. zero zero end of 1.

197- AJ er sorry I mean GLAZIER 100( for the record, I hope AJ takes an O year and only wrestles in the dual against brooks) #16 vs # 11 Zach looked very good sealed the deal AND scored bonus!!!

Heavy- Hill- 88 won against a huge kid. wrestled smart, wore him down, won at end!

BIG dual win. Only real disappointment was Teske though everyone else looked pretty darn good!!!

Teske didn't impress me at PSU. Didn't impress me last year, and looks even worse this year. Can you say 1-2 BBQ. 184 won't win a match in the B10 with Riggins. Everyone else was rock solid. Zack is a rock star! Who needs AJ?

Kale or CS at 133 please.
The same CS that looked like garbage at SS...or Kale who got teched by Teske?

dog perform GIF

Did the rule change again, I thought only true FR could wrestle and keep their redshirt. Could AJ wrestle this year and keep his shirt?

Did the rule change again, I thought only true FR could wrestle and keep their redshirt. Could AJ wrestle this year and keep his shirt?
Ferrari? Why?

To answer your question he's already had a RS season and sat out a season. He has 2 years and a covid year left. If he doesn't wrestle this semester he will only have 1 season and a covid year left.

Iowa Coaching Staff: A

Handily won the dual, did not put Gabe Arnold in a position to lose by bumping him up when Pinto and Nebraska would have been prepared for the move, literally told the ref to shove the terrible stall warning in the Glazier match, and did not put Kueter on the mat which might have resulted in Kueter being under 65+ extra pounds in the 3rd Period when Kueter does not yet have wrestling conditioning back.

125…B+…time to level up and bonus guys like this

133…HEW

141…A-…tough opponent, but want a major here from our #1 senior

149…B+…did his job against a dangerous #1

157…A…peeps should get off his back now

165…B+…slick work, need to find that last gear when bonus is within reach

174…C+…gonna need more if podium is the goal

184…B+…fought hard the whole way, avoided backs in a couple of precarious moments against a superior wrestler hunting for a fall

197…A is for Ass-whoopin’ (but he gets an A+)

285…A…smart, well-executed match

Team…A…came in and TCOB with authority, without shenanigans

Bus Driver…Incomplete…get our boys back safely for Monday!

Dang!! I'm ready to eat crow when I'm wrong. That looked like the most prepared team I've seen in awhile. Just tons of fight. Coaches had a plan for every guy. A+ for the staff.

FWIW, I might give a tiny pass for Teske. Van Dee is hot and cold, and he was definitely up for that match. Tough out when he's wrestling like that.

Reactions: ping72
125 -AYALA -95 #5 vs #7 Looked very good. controlled the entire match. Thought the stall call on him was not a good call. Only complaint was he did not finish any of his shots deeper into match but I believe he could have if needed!

133 -Teske- 50# 7 vs #30 did not look good at all!!! Got a chuckle when one of the announcers said he was a "Hammer on top" time to give schiever a few starts

141- Woods- 90 #1 vs # 7 Woods looks good. I think the 3 point TD hurts him a little. Had an unREAL duck right on edge of mat! Never scored from top

149-Rathjen- 75 #12 vs #1 OK match, somewhat out gunned, I felt stall calls were a little quick? He kept the match close!

157- Frankel - 98 #2 vs # 3 BEST I have seen him so far. gave up 1st TD. Came out on bottom strong, kept fighting and looked better as match went on meaning. More likely to pull out the Victory!!!

165 Candy- 88- #7 vs # 19 looked mostly in control in any case needed 1 more TD for bonus

174- Kennedy- 83 UR vs 30 Gave up 1st TD then took over the match. Wrestling up a weight so giving up some size.

184- Riggins- 75 UR vs #3 Again we were somewhat out gunned but he fought real hard. zero zero end of 1.

197- AJ er sorry I mean GLAZIER 100( for the record, I hope AJ takes an O year and only wrestles in the dual against brooks) #16 vs # 11 Zach looked very good sealed the deal AND scored bonus!!!

Heavy- Hill- 88 won against a huge kid. wrestled smart, wore him down, won at end!

BIG dual win. Only real disappointment was Teske though everyone else looked pretty darn good!!!
You can't wrestle in any duals if you Olympic RS

Dang!! I'm ready to eat crow when I'm wrong. That looked like the most prepared team I've seen in awhile. Just tons of fight. Coaches had a plan for every guy. A+ for the staff.

FWIW, I might give a tiny pass for Teske. Van Dee is hot and cold, and he was definitely up for that match. Tough out when he's wrestling like that.
Teske is an upperclassmen that's wrestling a freshman.

Such a continued piss poor effort with no sense of urgency.
There's a reason he's at his 3rd school.

Great start for the B1G season and B for the team. Some of yous guys are far too lenient on the grades.

I was impressed with the urgency, poise, solid defense, and scoring attempts.

Areas for improvement are 1) widening the gap - Ice Man had the only bonus victory despite multiple opportunities for other wrestlers; 2) no back points!! and 3) allowing guys to flop and roll around when the TD is dead to rights - you’ve got to know that junk is coming and be prepared for it.

Teske’s effort was definitely disappointing and I don’t expect anything from 133 this year. I was pleased with Riggins game plan and execution. He fought hard, wrestled smart, and almost had that TD against the #3 ranked wrestler. And in the end he kept it to a decision. I don’t expect anything from 184 either but I respect the product he brought to the mat last night.

EDIT: I forgot about Rathjen (and may have mixed up parts of the 149 and 184 matches after a good night’s rest). Kudos to Rathjen on wrestling for the win and being smart at the same time versus #1 Lovett.

Last edited:
A couple things; Rathjen looks game to me, and Bobby Telford and M* accept your half vailed apologies for shitting all over their coaching abilities. Our coaches have shown more this year than the last 10 imo. Zach Glazier is a room guy who is most likely a unanimous top 10 now.
When our guys are routinely getting back points and falls from creative/athletic maneuvers and being relentless for bonus, then veiled apologies might be in order. There was little different about our style last night, just the execution. Style is what people have been criticizing.

Reactions: AFHawk86
I have to say last nights performance was one of the most pleasant surprises I have seen in a while. We were wrestling smart matches, making well time attacks and finishing takedowns. Nebraska showed up to wrestle and we still (mostly) had our way with them. Team as a whole gets an A- from me for exceeding expectations. If fix and Vito don't drop down to 125, we have a surprise title contender at 125. Teske lost a match he should have won but let's not kid ourselves, van Dee looked phenomenal and this may have been his coming out party. 141-184 was as expected and we looked pretty good as a hole. Glazier was a fantastic surprise and I am expecting him to make the podium this year. Allred doesn't lose to nobodies and I believe he went 2-0 in matches with max Dean last year. Hill will be a great (backup?) heavyweight.

The only F I would give is to the ref. Someone needs to teach him what stalling is because he clearly has never wrestled before....

The only F I would give is to the ref. Someone needs to teach him what stalling is because he clearly has never wrestled before....
I wanted to strangle that ref who frequently interjected advice during the matches. Blow the whistle and give a warning before the restart once or twice then STFU and let em wrestle. I don’t know, am I way off here?

125 A Drake seems to really be putting it together though I have the same issue with him that I had with Spencer not much offence in the third period
133 F woof at this point I feel like we should give this spot to Schriever
141 A- would have really liked bonus points here. I feel like Real is going through something as he does not look quite as dominating as he did last year.
149 B Rathjen is game and did not back down from a much better oppenent
157 A+ I have not been on the Franek train at all this year but I'm starting to see him as a possible finalist
165 A would have liked bonus points here but I think the awful officiating might has had a an influence in late wrestlinig
174 A Again would have liked bonus here but understand why we did not see it.
184 B I was really impressed with the fight he put up against a good opponent. Probably could have started and been a blood round guy at a different school at 165.
197 A+ Wow Glazier with ice water in his veins just took it to the big ten champ. I suspect that Allred was not at the top of his game here but Glazier really took it to him. I think this kid has a huge chip on his shoulder. Starting to this AJ taking a ORS is a good idea
285 A I think if we can get hill to put on 20 lbs of muscle in the next few years he has a decent shot at the podium in his future.

I wanted to strangle that ref who frequently interjected advice during the matches. Blow the whistle and give a warning before the restart once or twice then STFU and let em wrestle. I don’t know, am I way off here?
yeah WTF I felt like reaching through the tv and back handing this dude, it's D1 wrestling not FN High school. this guy needs STFU and just ref the match.

Last edited:
Have Iowa's NIL call Ryan Crookham and offer him a deal he can't turn down. 133 problem solved.

Before any of you say that is illegal it is happening everywhere and nothing will ever be done about it. While you're at it find a 184 for next year because Angelo will need a redshirt year to get to 184.

There would have been a major without the egregious stalling calls on Woods.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda . . . gotta rise above the officiating if you want to have your way. Doing that is the difference between an A and an A- in my gradebook.

Have Iowa's NIL call Ryan Crookham and offer him a deal he can't turn down. 133 problem solved.

Before any of you say that is illegal it is happening everywhere and nothing will ever be done about it. While you're at it find a 184 for next year because Angelo will need a redshirt year to get to 184.
Hoping Nelson mans 84 next year.

Excellent scoring assessment! So far this season Glazier is my duals MVP...what a fricking machine he has turned into when we needed him to shine. Just wow!! And Teske is my "WTF" wrestler. All the skill in the world but he only brings it out once in a while. I'm done with that stuff. I'd rather watch someone who's going to give me 100 percent effort every night. That was just ugly to watch. I'm hoping someone finds out that he wasn't feeling good or something along those lines. Otherwise I have no idea how to explain that performance last night.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT