ADVERTISEMENT

ISU vs KU

I keep hearing about all this talent, but they just can't seem to play together. Coaching? That is not a top 10 KU team without Azu or Desouza, ISU should have won. Good news, Wiggy may not be turning pro after this year now.

Bill Self is 256-14 at home at KU. This isn't his best team, but it's certainly not his worst. ISU was a 6 point dog in the game. ISU wasn't expected to win, didn't win, but it is a missed opportunity.

How important of a year is this for Prohm?

Every year is important. While they've had some missed opportunities (this game and KSU as primary examples) I'm not worried about Prohm at all. In fact, I think top to bottom he gets his teams playing the best ball as the season goes on. He's been having to mix a match rotations all season due to the injuries and suspensions. IMO, we'll see this team keep playing better throughout the year, they'll be a 4 seed or higher in Des Moines, and considering the season last year was a total disaster everybody should be very happy with that.

Next year's recruiting class is not good, but IMO there is still plenty enough of a core returning that they should be a good team. Not as good as this year, but IMO any season you make the tourney is a good year.

Reactions: TCOOL
Every year is important. While they've had some missed opportunities (this game and KSU as primary examples) I'm not worried about Prohm at all. In fact, I think top to bottom he gets his teams playing the best ball as the season goes on. He's been having to mix a match rotations all season due to the injuries and suspensions. IMO, we'll see this team keep playing better throughout the year, they'll be a 4 seed or higher in Des Moines, and considering the season last year was a total disaster everybody should be very happy with that.

Next year's recruiting class is not good, but IMO there is still plenty enough of a core returning that they should be a good team. Not as good as this year, but IMO any season you make the tourney is a good year.

I think its a tough hill to climb to get to a 4 seed.

Bill Self is 256-14 at home at KU. This isn't his best team, but it's certainly not his worst. ISU was a 6 point dog in the game. ISU wasn't expected to win, didn't win, but it is a missed opportunity.
I think by the time this season is done, if they don't get Desouza on the court, it will be argued this is his worst team at KU. Largely due to Azubuike being out.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Good game. If not for a few errant passes late ISU might have.

Agree to disagree. Before the game yesterday Iowa State had a net rating of 18. That’s right there.

Sure but I doubt seeding is going to simply line up with NET ratings. ISU needs to win quite a few games down the stretch to get a 4 and with the inconsistency they have shown, pretty much every game on their schedule the rest of the way could be considered a tossup.

They've played 4 of the toughest 6 games in the Big 12 already. They are playing better than they have been. They are one of 5 teams in MBB in the top 20 of efficiency on both offense and defense. KenPom rating went UP to #13 after yesterday. Again, we can agree to disagree, but IMO part of the reason they made NET is to take some of the criticism off of the committee. It won't line up exactly... but I think it will be pretty dang close.

They've played 4 of the toughest 6 games in the Big 12 already.

No way you are counting KSU in Hilton as one of the 6 toughest games for ISU in the Big 12 this year. They had a higher chance of winning against KSU in Hilton (84.1%) according to ESPN's BPI projections than the following conference games left on their schedule:

Texas
@Oklahoma
TCU
@KSU
Baylor
@TCU
OU
@Texas
@WVU
Texas Tech

It is funny. It seems like Prohm does not run any kind of set offense. They spread the court and throw it around until they get a matchup they like and that player drives to the hoop to try and score or kicks it out so someone can jack up an off balance 3. That worked when they had great talent but they have a few holes in the team these days and Lard is still having trouble making good decisions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT