ADVERTISEMENT

It seems like the off tackle runs are working the best? Do you notice that?

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
Jaz's big run, a couple of KalebJ's last week. Maybe just too many defenders straight up the middle on most runs. I noticed on and read about Jaz's long run that a pulling guard help open that seam and I always thought that action works well.

Reactions: pmtdc
Jaz's big run, a couple of KalebJ's last week. Maybe just too many defenders straight up the middle on most runs. I noticed on and read about Jaz's long run that a pulling guard help open that seam and I always thought that action works well.
Yes they seem to be running a lot of counter gap this year. Double team combo to the backside backer at the point of attack. Backside guard pull and kick out the DE and a backside TE pulling through the hole for the playside backer. Still some inside zone and some ISO with the fullback blocking the playside backer, and some pin and pull toss sweep. But there are still some brain dead fans who think all we do is zone block.

Yes they seem to be running a lot of counter gap this year. Double team combo to the backside backer at the point of attack. Backside guard pull and kick out the DE and a backside TE pulling through the hole for the playside backer. Still some inside zone and some ISO with the fullback blocking the playside backer, and some pin and pull toss sweep. But there are still some brain dead fans who think all we do is zone block.
Good detail and I remember last year during the late winning streak Brian et al put in a criss cross type trap blocking using TEnd and Pottebaum. A TEnd would shift to a close in wing position on one side and Pottebaum would shift from behind the QB to behind guard opposite the TEnd. At the snap the fullback would cross the formation to angle block while the TEnd would come in from the other direction and help the Oline. And there might have been an Olinemen pulling into the hole also. It really gave the blocking some very good angles and worked well.

Reactions: pmtdc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT