ADVERTISEMENT

Ivan Maisel, Brad Edwards, and KF Podcast

OnceAhawk

HB MVP
Jan 29, 2015
Kirk Ferentz is everywhere!

Ivan Maisel, Brad Edwards and Adam Rittenberg weigh in on the Ohio State QB situation, dissect the SEC West and chat with Kirk Ferentz about his 7-0 Iowa Hawkeyes squad.

KF comes in at the 29 minute mark but the discussion on the SEC is always interesting.

You can tell that Maisel both likes and respects KF.

Enjoy!

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13931677

Last edited:
Kirk Ferentz is everywhere!

Ivan Maisel, Brad Edwards and Adam Rittenberg weigh in on the Ohio State QB situation, dissect the SEC West and chat with Kirk Ferentz about his 7-0 Iowa Hawkeyes squad.

KF comes in at the 29 minute mark but the discussion on the SEC is always interesting.

You can tell that Maisel both likes and respects KF.

Enjoy!

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13931677
Thank you. I'm out of the country again this year, and it's the kindness of folks like you that makes it possible for folks like me to be in the loop as part of the great Hawkeye family. Wonderful, long interview. Go Hawks

Reactions: hawkhorn
ukrainehawk....I will be traveling in Eastern Europe the next few weeks. Any luck watching Iowa games (assuming that is where you are) Watch ESPN or Big Ten To Go? I was there during the Big Dance, but had he message that the CBS March Madness App only worked in the U.S.

Thank you. I'm out of the country again this year, and it's the kindness of folks like you that makes it possible for folks like me to be in the loop as part of the great Hawkeye family. Wonderful, long interview. Go Hawks

You are welcome! If you need any links for Hawkeye radio, BTN TV, and other game links, let me know.

KF is well spoken.

I love how he reminds everyone that Iowa, from last year's team, lost 2 OT's to the NFL and 2 DT's to the NFL; oh, and we lost both of this year's OT starters to injury, yet here we are, 7-0

Also, in 20 years Fry won 3 Big 10 titles; KF in 16 years has won 2. He reminds everyone that Big 10 titles are hard to come by.

It's funny, too, that KF used his ipad during last year's National title game and discovered that if you scheduled Ohio State in 1899 or before, you had a good shot of beating them; but from 1900 on, Ohio State has been tough to beat

in 1981 is when the B1G changed (Iowa broke thur and won the B1G); prior to that, it had been 13 straight years of Michigan or Ohio State winning the B1G

KF is typically always a good interview....

ukrainehawk....I will be traveling in Eastern Europe the next few weeks. Any luck watching Iowa games (assuming that is where you are) Watch ESPN or Big Ten To Go? I was there during the Big Dance, but had he message that the CBS March Madness App only worked in the U.S.
First, thanks again to OnceAHawk for the kind and thorough reply above.

And no, I'm sorry to tell you that during my year in Ukraine, the best I could ever do was to watch a rudimentary graphic football moving on a static graphic football field; it moved at roughly the same time the description of the play happened- but due to slow 'spooling' it was often ten or twelve plays behind. Still, in the middle of the Orange Revolution in 2003, I was grateful. In 2012, I had a little better luck in Korea, even seeing a little bit of live streaming; and thankfully, I get the Hawks when I am in my home base in the Virgin Islands. This year I'm in Canada, and I've actually been able to find every game by calling all the sports bars and restaurants every week - and I made it down for Illinois State. But it's still easy to fall out of the loop without friends like OnceAHawk.

Sorry I have no current experience or advice to share, but best of luck (and I envy your travel in wonderful Eastern Europe, and wish you the best). Go Hawks.

First, thanks again to OnceAHawk for the kind and thorough reply above.

And no, I'm sorry to tell you that during my year in Ukraine, the best I could ever do was to watch a rudimentary graphic football moving on a static graphic football field; it moved at roughly the same time the description of the play happened- but due to slow 'spooling' it was often ten or twelve plays behind. Still, in the middle of the Orange Revolution in 2003, I was grateful. In 2012, I had a little better luck in Korea, even seeing a little bit of live streaming; and thankfully, I get the Hawks when I am in my home base in the Virgin Islands. This year I'm in Canada, and I've actually been able to find every game by calling all the sports bars and restaurants every week - and I made it down for Illinois State. But it's still easy to fall out of the loop without friends like OnceAHawk.

Sorry I have no current experience or advice to share, but best of luck (and I envy your travel in wonderful Eastern Europe, and wish you the best). Go Hawks.

Do you have the radio online links so that you can listen to the pregame, the game and postgame?

Also, if you need BTN 24/7 links and other links so that you can watch the Iowa games, let me know....

Do you have the radio online links so that you can listen to the pregame, the game and postgame?

Also, if you need BTN 24/7 links and other links so that you can watch the Iowa games, let me know....
I'm good on the games, but would appreciate the radio links for pre and

I'm good on the games, but would appreciate the radio links for pre and post-game shows. Thx!

I'm good on the games, but would appreciate the radio links for pre and

I'm good on the games, but would appreciate the radio links for pre and post-game shows. Thx!

Tune in for SIX PLUS HOURS. Listen to the PREgame show (starts 2 hours prior to kick off), the game (roughly 3 1/2 hours), and the POSTgame show (lasts around an hour) ONE of TWO WAYS:

(1) Listen to every IOWA game with the free @ tunein radio app; Click on this link SHORTLY BEFORE 2 hours prior to kick off to listen on your computer or other device: http://tunein.com/radio/Iowa-Hawkeyes-Sports-Network-powered-by-Learfield-Sports-s231143/

# turnthegameup

(2) If you have to hit the road, can’t find a station, the radio fades out, no reception in the office and/or you do not want to eat up your smart phone data plan – just dial up the Hawks and listen!

Simply Dial this Number: 712-775-7031
When prompted, enter this Conference Code: 219 420#
***When the person starts talking about this service, immediately hit 1 and you will be immediately directed to the radio broadcast.***
- This is a FREE service for 5 years and counting – all basketball games this year too!

Keep in mind, too, that you can use the 2 options above to tune in for the Ferentz and McCaffery call in radio shows.

For the Ferentz show:

Hawk Talk with Kirk Ferentz

Hawk Talk with Kirk Ferentz is the weekly radio call-in show of the University of Iowa's head football coach. The 90-minute show hosted by Gary Dolphin, the radio voice of the Iowa Hawkeyes, originates each Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. during the season live from Carlos O'Kelly's Mexican Café in Iowa City.

Hawk Talk with Kirk Ferentz is broadcast live by participating affiliates of the Hawkeye Radio Network. It is also available on the world wide web exclusively inside Hawkeye All-Access, the multi-media portal of hawkeyesports.com, the official world wide web site of the Iowa Hawkeyes.

082514carlos_logo.gif

HAWK TALK WITH KIRK FERENTZ, 2015

September
2, 9, 16, 23, 30

October
7, 14, 28

November
4, 11, 18, 24 (Tuesday)

December

Special Bowl Game Edition
TBD

Notes
No show during Iowa's bye week (Saturday, Oct. 24)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT