ADVERTISEMENT

I've traveled to two lib cities recently, Atlanta and DC. These nutjobs are still wearing masks in stores...outside...in cars....ALONE!!!!

I think for some people a mask is just another way to further isolate from social contact,.. It's like a facial burka.
Also possible some people have been traumatized by losing several family members or loved ones close to from Corona

Last edited:
Someone needs to tell them THAT THEY DON'T WORK!!! ZERO science supports any efficacy for masks against Covid. More science exists they didn't work at all!!! It was all control, political theatre. A real shit show on the American people.
Did you see that Iowa State @ Stanford women's NCAA tournament game in March? Half the nut jobs in the stands were masking.

I have no doubt there are some ultra left wing, ultra crazy types that wear masks either as performative politics or simply because they are scared of their own shadow.

However, I will point out that well before covid it was standard practice for folks with a compromised immune system to wear masks. My dad’s wife (no pics she passed) wore one for years when out and about due to her long battle with cancer. Of course back then no one would think twice and would assume she had a medical reason for doing so.

Not everyone wearing a mask today is crazy.
so having a compromised immune system causes you to be a crazy ultra left wing type, interesting

• Haha
Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
If I'm sick and I have to go in a store or something I try to wear a mask to avoid getting other people sick.

OP probably saw a couple people wearing a mask and concluded it was because they are all crazy libs.
Ummm, that would be the logical conclusion. I'd bet 95% of current maskers are voting Democrat.

Such a dumb thing to be triggered over. In many Asian countries, mask wearing during cold and flu season has been SOP for decades. How well does it work? Mixed bag, but it harms no one and might help, so who gives a fudge?

a0002431_parts_5b5a809c32ee8.jpg

I'm in the same boat.

Generally my assumption is that they were wearing the mask for something else and forgot to take it off or because they are traveling from one place where they need to wear the mask to another place where they need to wear the mask and don't feel like taking it off and putting it back on.

Honestly and I speak from experience when you get used to wearing a mask it's easy to forget you are wearing it.

Now I will grant that if you are wearing a mask in the car because you think it will give you some sort of protection from catching a disease, that is a completely illogical thing to do.

Reactions: torbee
They are wearing the masks because it's their political fashion statement, they don't care about people getting sick.

If I was wearing a mask as a political fashion statement I would wear one all the time. Which I don't.

I do wear one while sick however.

M
Agreed…there are certainly some people that need to wear masks for medical reasons. However, the OPs post is more about the masses of healthy people that are wearing masks for political and/or “scared of shadow” reasons.
Masses, huh? I live in a far more liberal and public health aware community than either of the cities mentioned in the OP and the percentage of us wearing masks here is considerably less than 1%.

Masses, LOL.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Someone needs to tell them THAT THEY DON'T WORK!!! ZERO science supports any efficacy for masks against Covid. More science exists they didn't work at all!!! It was all control, political theatre. A real shit show on the American people.
People have started to wear masks when they aren't feeling well as a courtesy to those around them. Also, some people who have severe pollen allergies also wear them when outside. Of course there are some that are still freaked out about covid as well.

BTW, masks do work but you have to have the right kind of mask. It's idiotic to think otherwise.

The jig is up on stupidity.

"You are so sick you have to wear a mask and your dumb ass is casually shopping? Go home!!!"

Beat them at their own game, shame the shit out of them and send them to obscurity.
This past fall I was diagnosed with leukemia and had pretty much no immune system while I did 3 months of chemo. My oncologist said to avoid people as much as possible and wear a mask when I couldn't as any infection I got could potentially kill me without IV antibiotics....so I did

I stayed home as much as possible which included skipping a rare concert at the top of my musical bucket list but I'm not capable of being totally dependent on other people and over 3 months there are just things you need to do....you know....the live your life thing

This may blow you away but there are all kinds of people dealing with shit like this on a daily basis. Luckily where I live there aren't many losers like those in this thread who feel the need to get into other people's business and nobody "shamed the shit out of me and sent me into obscurity" because it wouldn't have gone well if they tried. And even if people don't have major issues but feel more comfortable masking up who the F cares?

The pride you take in being a total douche bag is amazing

This past fall I was diagnosed with leukemia and had pretty much no immune system while I did 3 months of chemo. My oncologist said to avoid people as much as possible and wear a mask when I couldn't as any infection I got could potentially kill me without IV antibiotics....so I did

I stayed home as much as possible which included skipping a rare concert at the top of my musical bucket list but I'm not capable of being totally dependent on other people and over 3 months there are just things you need to do....you know....the live your life thing

This may blow you away but there are all kinds of people dealing with shit like this on a daily basis. Luckily where I live there aren't many losers like those in this thread who feel the need to get into other people's business and nobody "shamed the shit out of me and sent me into obscurity" because it wouldn't have gone well if they tried. And even if people don't have major issues but feel more comfortable masking up who the F cares?

The pride you take in being a total douche bag is amazing
That's terribly unfortunate you fought that battle. I wish you nothing but the best in recovery.

As I have said, you were temporarily or permanently weakened or sick and need to take necessary precautions, thats totally understandable. We as a society should respect that. I,or other members of society, with a healthy immune system may be carrying an unknown "Load" and should limit our interactions with you during that time. That is what we are doing right, trying to think of others?

An ugly truth, whether you want to admit it our not, is your going to fall on deaf ears, as someone who has a legit reason, due to all the people who don't.

Honest question, the year is 2010, you walk into a store, there is a person standing there wearing a mask, what is that person?

That's terribly unfortunate you fought that battle. I wish you nothing but the best in recovery.

As I have said, you were temporarily or permanently weakened or sick and need to take necessary precautions, thats totally understandable. We as a society should respect that. I,or other members of society, with a healthy immune system may be carrying an unknown "Load" and should limit our interactions with you during that time. That is what we are doing right, trying to think of others?

An ugly truth, whether you want to admit it our not, is your going to fall on deaf ears, as someone who has a legit reason, due to all the people who don't.

Honest question, the year is 2010, you walk into a store, there is a person standing there wearing a mask, what is that person?
The ugly truth is you said he should be shunned and shamed.

My mil is one of those people that wears a mask still, yes in the car by herself too. She is a 2 time cancer survivor. She puts on a n95 mask every time she leaves the house and doesn’t take it off until she gets home. Why does she wear a mask in the car by herself? Every time you take the mask off and put it back on you contaminate it with germs. It’s easier for her to just leave it on instead of constantly changing to a new mask.

Reactions: Bank of Hawk
All those diseases one could catch in a car by themselves with recirculated air lmfao do you even listen to yourself talk as you proclaim others to be dumbasses?
Simply roll the car window down for fresh air? 🤔

But how does one know who is legit and who is to be either shamed or shunned? What if you start shaming someone and they are in that dire health situation? Maybe ask each masked person why and if it isn't a good enough reason start pointing and laughing and shunning?

Reactions: RileyHawk
But how does one know who is legit and who is to be either shamed or shunned? What if you start shaming someone and they are in that dire health situation? Maybe ask each masked person why and if it isn't a good enough reason start pointing and laughing and shunning?
In the event we hadn't had a society that abused them, you might have a leg to stand on.

My mil is one of those people that wears a mask still, yes in the car by herself too. She is a 2 time cancer survivor. She puts on a n95 mask every time she leaves the house and doesn’t take it off until she gets home. Why does she wear a mask in the car by herself? Every time you take the mask off and put it back on you contaminate it with germs. It’s easier for her to just leave it on instead of constantly changing to a new mask.
Whisky thinks your MIL is a pussy lib.

I've been waiting to read this thread until I had a chunk of time, and I finally got it done. And it went exactly how I figured it would.

All I'm gonna say is, the only thing weirder than wearing a mask in 2024 (assuming the person wearing it doesn't have a severe condition) are the people that get bothered by it.

Signed,
Guy that hasn't worn a mask since spring 2021 (exception: flight to Vegas summer 2021)

Reactions: torbee
I've been waiting to read this thread until I had a chunk of time, and I finally got it done. And it went exactly how I figured it would.

All I'm gonna say is, the only thing weirder than wearing a mask in 2024 (assuming the person wearing it doesn't have a severe condition) are the people that get bothered by it.

Signed,
Guy that hasn't worn a mask since spring 2021 (exception: flight to Vegas summer 2021)
flying through vegas in 21 to go to utah was one of the most disgusting experiences of my lifetime

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
Completely understand it with those who are immunocompromised. I certainly am not making light of those situations.

Reactions: dgordo
For me, masks were very uncomfortable and also made breathing difficult. I’ve always thought, there had to be a better way to do this.

If a person like your mil wants to have that extra protection, all the time, maybe a solution is for a company to produce a space helmet type apparatus? Probably could be designed with some sort of protective breathing filter and make it easy to fit on and off. Now we can see their mouth when talking too. Not to mention it could also provide UV filter and allow for it to flip up so one can enjoy a meal or a beverage.

What is funny is the op describes these as Lib cities. They are that way do to large Black populations.

Blacks in general dont wear masks as much as whites

My advice is to just disregard anything that guy has to say. It's only a matter of time before he starts posting stats to prove his bigotry.

For me, masks were very uncomfortable and also made breathing difficult. I’ve always thought, there had to be a better way to do this.

If a person like your mil wants to have that extra protection, all the time, maybe a solution is for a company to produce a space helmet type apparatus? Probably could be designed with some sort of protective breathing filter and make it easy to fit on and off. Now we can see their mouth when talking too. Not to mention it could also provide UV filter and allow for it to flip up so one can enjoy a meal or a beverage.

I can't tell if you were trying to be funny, but if were...great job. The image of old and sick people walking around in fish bowls made me laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: Bank of Hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT