ADVERTISEMENT

Izzo

Jedhawk77

HR All-State
Jun 7, 2015
Ha. Michigan state with an obvious travel and little Ewok rides the ref all the way down the court. Luckily they are up by 12 early but he’s setting the stage.

I have a high disdain for the guy while he is coaching. I really dislike his antics and his relentless riding of the zebras. He is at the stage of his career, due to his past success and longevity at one institution, where I really think, though he might not be cognizant of it, its about him and his success and not about the players in his program. Probably not the case, but his non stop crying instead of coaching makes it at least something to ponder.

I am sure away from the sidelines he has a hundred redeeming qualities that make him a stellar human being, but Izzo seems to take it a little too far IMO. Noticed it and it has ticked me off for many years like most of us. There, I feel better! :cool:

Last edited:
Izzo is a whiny bitch, but I can't really blame him for it because the officials just let him do it. If other coaches in the big 10 behaved like him they would have a couple tech's before the end of the first half. It's bullshit how much he's allowed to get away with compared to other coaches.

It's amazing how every year the zebras seem to stop calling much of anything on MSU toward the end of the season. Announcers almost don't know what to say, and end up praising players, who fouled the guy they were defending repeatedly on just one play. Besides doing it on defense, Winston uses his off arm repeatedly to shove the guy guarding him on drives, and it seldom is called. Mary Land even got jobbed big time on their home court. Little wonder the Sparty starts to gain confidence and play better going into the post season...

With like 5 minutes left in the second fouls were MSU 14 and Maryland 4.

relax
Big deal...He's still a whinny bitch and should get T-eed up every game.
Maybe he's the reason they need a rule that a coach has to be seated the whole time during a game....Michigan State fans should be real proud of their coach...Oh, he wins games so they'll put up with him....

With like 5 minutes left in the second fouls were MSU 14 and Maryland 4.

relax
Foul count is never the point.

If your players put two hands on an offensive player every possession, and two hands equals automatic foul according to the actual rule book, but the refs don't call it, then that's an issue of consistency.

Then if Izzo rides the refs and complains about the two-handed rule being ticky tack and the refs call clear infractions of the rules even less than normal, that's a major f***ing issue.

That is why nobody likes your team or your coach.

It has nothing to do with f***ing foul counts, so stop with that f***ing argument, and tell all the numb nut f***s on the main board to stop doing that as well, even though they do it because they are usually egged on by gilligan, because they are too stupid to leave him be.

Deal with it, enabler.....:)

As much as I dislike Izzo I was sort of hoping MD would lose. I really like Tillman and really dislike Cowan on MD because he flops like he was shot every time he drives to the basket. Not to mention, Cowan is whiny and I usually root for the underdog (although very hard to root for MSU in any sport).

First one must concede Izzo is a good coach. However, he berates the refs regualrly in the first half. He did it yesterday and in the Iowa game Tuesday. Sometimes it is so bad he should be called for a technical foul. And it occurs in every game I have seen him. He intimidates the refs so that in the 2nd half his teams mug the opponents and they get away with it. His teams always play "better defense" in the 2nd halves getting away with the mugging. He will continue to do so until the refs stop getting intimidated and call him out.

First one must concede Izzo is a good coach. However, he berates the refs regualrly in the first half. He did it yesterday and in the Iowa game Tuesday. Sometimes it is so bad he should be called for a technical foul. And it occurs in every game I have seen him. He intimidates the refs so that in the 2nd half his teams mug the opponents and they get away with it. His teams always play "better defense" in the 2nd halves getting away with the mugging. He will continue to do so until the refs stop getting intimidated and call him out.
Its definitely his formula. Glad you mentioned he’s a great coach. He is. But I would have to agree with your assessment

When I think of one word to describe Michigan state / b-ball and f-ball it’s “thuggish”.

Izzo is the perfect fit.

Reactions: DewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT