ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Campbell commits to the Hawks Saturday March 31

Both Iowa and ISU have produced great linebackers in the recent years. I don't have any idea why he would go with the goofs though.

Reactions: CLARKCOURT
I hope Ezra, Tyler and Noah are working on him. He would have a nice group of Iowa born buddies to pal around with.

Both Iowa and ISU have produced great linebackers in the recent years. I don't have any idea why he would go with the goofs though.
giphy.gif

Yes that would be a great idea for him to wait. From what i hear it is about early playing time.

Eventually he will figure out that PJ Fleck is a snake oil salesman, so it will come down to the Cyclones or Hawks. I do see one crystal ball 247 Nick Henrich forecast for the Gophers, but it's not Wiltfong so I wouldn't put any stock in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sacker323
I still think he ends up at DE. He has the frame to add weight and has more straight ahead speed than lateral, change of direction speed.

Reactions: BEAVERDALEHAWK
Yes that would be a great idea for him to wait. From what i hear it is about early playing time.

Is early playing time more valuable than playing for a winning and bowl eligible team?

Why Minnesota? UNI/ Native Iowan Bryce Paup (UNI alum/ ex NFL) is the lead recruit for the Goofers for Campbell.

8-5 and a program that has been in place for a long time is considered stale by lot of kids these days. Iowa state and minnesota have new staffs and can better project a upward trend. At least in their world. I hope we get campbell though. I dont think minnesota will get him though. He will be a clone. Early playing time plus being sold on matt campell. We will be fine without him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harbinger273
8-5 and a program that has been in place for a long time is considered stale by lot of kids these days. Iowa state and minnesota have new staffs and can better project a upward trend. I hope we get campbell though.

Depends on your perspective, I guess. Iowa State had one of the best seasons in school history by winning 8 games and a bowl. Iowa won 8 games and a bowl and many fans expect more. I know which I would choose, but to each their own.

Reactions: Hawkdome
I think this a strong year for high school LB recruits. We should be able to get 2-3 very good ones. There are a few that Iowa could recruit that they haven't even offered.

Reactions: Hawkdome

Is early playing time more valuable than playing for a winning and bowl eligible team?

Why Minnesota? UNI/ Native Iowan Bryce Paup (UNI alum/ ex NFL) is the lead recruit for the Goofers for Campbell.

Paup is no longer with the Gophers.

Depends on your perspective, I guess. Iowa State had one of the best seasons in school history by winning 8 games and a bowl. Iowa won 8 games and a bowl and many fans expect more. I know which I would choose, but to each their own.
Clones lost 3 games on the final play. When you beat two top 5 rated teams with one of them being a playoff team at their place, you gain good national recognition. The recruits really like Matt Campbell, so that helps.

Reactions: Foxclone
Clones lost 3 games on the final play. When you beat two top 5 rated teams with one of them being a playoff team at their place, you gain good national recognition. The recruits really like Matt Campbell, so that helps.

They lost on 3 Hail Marys, or what? Interesting, I never heard about that. Of course you guys had a good season, undeniably one of the best in school history. I'm just pointing out differences in the perceptions of the teams' seasons, when they were almost exactly the same.

They lost on 3 Hail Marys, or what? Interesting, I never heard about that. Of course you guys had a good season, undeniably one of the best in school history. I'm just pointing out differences in the perceptions of the teams' seasons, when they were almost exactly the same.
Hawks, Cowboys, and Wildcats all defeated ISU on last play of the game. The OSU win was an interception in the end zone that could have been ruled dual possession and tying TD. The loss to KSU was exactly like the hawks loss to PSU.

Reactions: Foxclone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT