ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Campbell disappointed with boos directed at Iowa offense: ‘They’re more than football players’

Think he cares about boos really? Like it is gonna do a damn thing to change his mind.
Did say he does? Well, he does; but, that will only play a small role in changing his mind. I doubt he changes his mind anytime soon. I also doubt he will criticize or fire his crappy OC.

This is why I don't like the modern current athlete. They want the best of both worlds. "We are just human playing a stupid game but we should get benefits nobody can possibly dream of." Free education, free publicity, free fame, free connections, NIL, etc.
Really? The modern athlete? Cmon dude.

People are paying money and driving long distances to be entertained. You're all entertainers and sometimes entertainers get booed when you are boring them to death. Unfortunately, there's no way to direct a boo at Ferentz that only Ferentz will hear.
Maybe at the end of the game, all the fans in the stadium can do a collective thumbs up/thumbs down Gladiator-style.

Seriously though, this where I’m at too. I’m not a booer myself, but if I drove from Omaha to Iowa City for the one or two games per season that I had a chance to attend, only to see Iowa not score a touchdown against an FCS team, I’d be pissed

I do not care how bad the play is, I will NEVER boo my own team. It is pathetic as a fan to do so... There is Zero to be gained by booing your own team. Zero benefits. The negativity will only do more harm than good... But some are just not smart enough to realize that.
Some people booing may have twice the intelligence you possess. You just don't know.

It has nothing to do with whether someone is smart or not.

Reactions: hawkeye_power
I was in school there 98-00 and went to every game and witnessed some atrocious offense and defensive play but never heard boos anything close to yesterday. I really think the blatant nepotism and Brian being anointed QB coach by his dad when there was an opportunity to actually improve the program is what was fueling those boos. Brian being given the OC job was ridiculous enough but QB coach too is a bridge too far. Kirk and Brian deserve every bit of it, with big paychecks comes big responsibility.... that's just a reality

I do not care how bad the play is, I will NEVER boo my own team. It is pathetic as a fan to do so... There is Zero to be gained by booing your own team. Zero benefits. The negativity will only do more harm than good... But some are just not smart enough to realize that.
I don't boo either. It's a bad look all around. Can you imagine what any potential recruits must think when they come into an environment like that?

This fanbase has unrealistic expectations
Unrealistic?? I’m not asking for perfection, but it’s not wrong to wish for an average offense that can move the football at least a little bit . We’re 127 out of 130!! It’s can’t get much worse .

Reactions: not_mantiteo
I don't boo either. It's a bad look all around. Can you imagine what any potential recruits must think when they come into an environment like that?
Can you imagine what they think when they see an "offense" like that? I live far away but used to travel back for at least one game a year. After Wisconsin 18 I said I'm done doing that as long as a Ferentz is in charge of the O so it's not me booing but I totally understand the sentiment

Reactions: Kurt Warner
To act like boos are some sort of over line threat is pretty soft. Inside the stadium booing is fine.. If fans start harassing SP outside the stadium then Jack can get upset. You want the glory, the risk is the failure.
Cost of a ticket, cost of highly inflated snacks and drinks, cost to park in some areas. Thinks some boos are not so out of line considering what the coaches are paid and what fans pay. The stadium is sold out for a reason. Did they miss the point when fans stopped paying for subpar play a few years back? I don’t blame anything on the kids. There are really good recruits/ players who are not being properly coached. Brian has no business whatsoever being a coordinator at this point in his career.

Same here. Email Barta and Kirk would be a better way to do it. Those kids bust ass. They don’t decide who starts and who doesn’t. But when boos like that they know it’s about them. And that’s how they take it.

Cost of a ticket, cost of highly inflated snacks and drinks, cost to park in some areas. Thinks some boos are not so out of line considering what the coaches are paid and what fans pay. The stadium is sold out for a reason. Did they miss the point when fans stopped paying for subpar play a few years back? I don’t blame anything on the kids. There are really good recruits/ players who are not being properly coached. Brian has no business whatsoever being a coordinator at this point in his career.
You have a choice to go or not right? Choice to spend the money or not. Fans who boo their own team are like little kids who have been told no by their parents and they throw a tantrum thinking it will get the parent to say yes.

I was in school there 98-00 and went to every game and witnessed some atrocious offense and defensive play but never heard boos anything close to yesterday. I really think the blatant nepotism and Brian being anointed QB coach by his dad when there was an opportunity to actually improve the program is what was fueling those boos. Brian being given the OC job was ridiculous enough but QB coach too is a bridge too far. Kirk and Brian deserve every bit of it, with big paychecks comes big responsibility.... that's just a reality
Better way to do it is to contact them and don’t boo the players. Players know it’s about them. They all bust their ass and they don’t decide who starts other than by their work in practice.

Reactions: Section25
Recruits coming and watching this inept offense will be enough to eliminate Iowa.

There's an easy way to get rid of the booing.

Did say he does? Well, he does; but, that will only play a small role in changing his mind. I doubt he changes his mind anytime soon. I also doubt he will criticize or fire his crappy OC.
All it really does is demean the young guys on the field and sidelines. They don’t make the decisions. They know the boos are about how they are doing.

Recruits coming and watching this inept offense will be enough to eliminate Iowa.

There's an easy way to get rid of the booing.
All I'm saying is the booing doesn't solve anything. It might make some folks feel better to vent their frustration, but it surely doesn't positively impact the team or its future prospects.

All I'm saying is the booing doesn't solve anything. It might make some folks feel better to vent their frustration, but it surely doesn't positively impact the team or its future prospects.

Future prospects see an inept offense and think, "I could go to Iowa and have an immediate impact." Then they realize that the head coach is beyond stubborn and often places a ridiculously high value on seniority and loyalty.

Bingo. If folks are so pissed that they are going to boo the Hawks then go be a fan of someone else. The crowd played a tremendous role both yesterday and during the Penn State game by drawing false start penalties. I wish that would have been the discussion about the crowd instead of the booing.

So a kid comes to Iowa, busts his ass year round with his teammates. See his teammates grinding through physical and mental challenges that an average person couldn’t handle. Then defends teammates and you don’t like being called out? Boo all you want. You feel entitled and if that makes you feel better have at it. These are tough kids they can handle it. But why get upset when they have each other’s backs? What was Jack supposed to say? If he was my son i’d be proud of him for sticking up for his teammates. When times are tough some people step up like Jack. Some people like to boo.

So a kid comes to Iowa, busts his ass year round with his teammates. See his teammates grinding through physical and mental challenges that an average person couldn’t handle. Then defends teammates and you don’t like being called out? Boo all you want. You feel entitled and if that makes you feel better have at it. These are tough kids they can handle it. But why get upset when they have each other’s backs? What was Jack supposed to say? If he was my son i’d be proud of him for sticking up for his teammates. When times are tough some people step up like Jack. Some people like to boo.
Unfortunately, booing is the only way to express displeasure.

The schools make so much tv revenue that they don't give a crap if the bleachers are empty.

Unless, of course, you have that sellout streak like Nebraska has.

Butts in seats really aren't a big deal.

Reactions: obfuscating
I meant to add that point... It is a huge negative for recruiting. What positive effect for recruiting could there possibly be to booing players???
I'll hang up and listen...

I personally think that is just solidify his resolve to stay the course. He is that stubborn.
I think you’re right, and the more he gives the fan base the middle finger. So Kirk and Brian think they are right, and almost every single person, including experts are wrong, and nothing needs to change? Sounds about like those two arrogant idiots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT