ADVERTISEMENT

"The Lions struck gold with these two Iowa Hawkeyes (Jack Campbell & Sam LaPorta)"

I have been a Bears fan since Sweetness. But the Lions Iowa connection has changed my loyalty. I hope they draft more. Cooper would be fun addition.
If Cooper is still available by the time the Lions pick then there is something seriously wrong with the NFL's scouting.

Story from USA Today:

Ryan Dunleavy of the New York Post gave the Lions a D on their first day picks. Wasn’t that complimentary of the lions overall draft giving them C. Wonder how that’s working out for him.

The annoying Mel Kiper had Jack no higher than the 58th pick saying there were 2 or 3 better at that position and the Lions should have been looking at an edge rusher instead of another linebacker.

Nate Davis was even more critical of the two picks from Iowa. Both were serious reaches and gave the Lions a C- .

Solid analysis.

Last edited:
Ryan Dunleavy of the New York Post gave the Lions a D on their first day picks. Wasn’t that complimentary of the lions overall draft giving them C. Wonder how that’s working out for him.

The annoying Mel Kiper had Jack no higher than the 58th pick saying there were 2 or 3 better at that position and the Lions should have been looking at an edge rusher instead of another linebacker.

Nate Davis was even more critical of the two picks from Iowa. Both were serious reaches and gave the Lions a C- .

Solid analysis.
This is why they do what they do for ESPN and not actual NFL teams.

Solid analysis.

good stuff. thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT