ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin has to be held back when Fan Criticizes him Regarding Game Deciding 4th and 5 Call

Agree. People who deliver a product to a customer should never be critiqued, that's why YELP never caught on. Seriously though, the only reason you come here is to tell others what they can and cannot do. That's as unAmerican as it gets Vlad.

You can’t talk that way to me!

It looked to me like he wanted to engage the fan, maybe shout back at him before going into the tunnel, and his handlers weren’t having it. No way to assume he would ‘lunge’ at the fan from this.

You are kidding right?
Nope
If you were the coach & the fan told you to run his suggested play & it does not work
who has to answer to the AD. Not the fan who you listened to. The fan is not getting paid
to coach the team. You are.

This game was just like the Iowa/Wisconsin game. The winner would be the clear front runner to win the B1G East.

Franklin used THREE TIMEOUTS (he called 2, Urban Meyer called 1) with 1:22 left in the game to come up with a play on 4th and 5, trailing by just one point to #4 Ohio State at home.

What did he do? He took the ball out of Senior QB Trace McSorley's hands.

He had McSorley hand the ball off on a draw play, where the play got stuffed. The game was then essentially over.

Here is the video of the "classy" head coach being held back:

That’s the Freshman section. Kid needs to shut his entitled ass up.

Didn’t Penn State get stopped on a couple 4th down where they could have kicked field goals as well?? Franklin’s an all or nothing type coach. I would have been more upset about that then a play call at the end..

Yeah... The same thing happened to Iowa vs Wisconsin. PSU was hurrying up to the line to catch OSU off guard and the refs out of nowhere stopped the game to explain the play.

PSU caught OSU off guard too. The refs stopping the momentum like that needs to stop. PSU and Iowa were accepting the spot of the ball had momentum and had the opposing team off guard by hurrying to the line.

I’m kind of shocked that the hasn’t been brought up to the BIG. This is the second time I’ve seen it this season and they have both come at vital moments in the game.

Yeah... The same thing happened to Iowa vs Wisconsin. PSU was hurrying up to the line to catch OSU off guard and the refs out of nowhere stopped the game to explain the play.

PSU caught OSU off guard too. The refs stopping the momentum like that needs to stop. PSU and Iowa were accepting the spot of the ball had momentum and had the opposing team off guard by hurrying to the line.

I’m kind of shocked that the hasn’t been brought up to the BIG. This is the second time I’ve seen it this season and they have both come at vital moments in the game.
To be fair in Iowa's case they would have been called off sides.

Yep, Coach is hired to coach /call the plays. Fans play may not have worked either but the coach
still has to answer to the AD.It's his call not the fans.
Very true, but he doesn't get to engage the fans either. He an extremely highly paid professional employee of the university, and this kind of public second guessing comes with the territory. They all know that.....

What an asshole and ass kisser ... the dude was right asking the quest Mr tanning booth couldn’t control himself as he forgot his depends

This game was just like the Iowa/Wisconsin game. The winner would be the clear front runner to win the B1G East.

Franklin used THREE TIMEOUTS (he called 2, Urban Meyer called 1) with 1:22 left in the game to come up with a play on 4th and 5, trailing by just one point to #4 Ohio State at home.

What did he do? He took the ball out of Senior QB Trace McSorley's hands.

He had McSorley hand the ball off on a draw play, where the play got stuffed. The game was then essentially over.

Here is the video of the "classy" head coach being held back:

Would have preferred to see Penn State win this one but I'm always happy to watch Franklin lose,... the guy's a dick...

Franklin is one of those coaches that ALWAYS knows where the camera is. How many football coaches turn to the crowd on a regular basis and pump their arms to get the fans to scream?

He choked under pressure or out thought himself on that call. And even though McSorley backed him up, publicly, I'll bet any amount of $$$ that TMS's first thought was WTF?

I, on the other hand, hate million-dollar coaches who can't take the heat when they are justifiably challenged for moronic play calls. Kick the field goal and win the game!

On the other hand, where was that draw play in Iowa City last year? Run that there and then, and Iowa wins too.

Stupid, stupid, stupid call against OSU.
Here's the thing ... given what PSU had been seeing from the OSU D all game ... are you certain it was a bad call.

It's easy to say that it was a bad call given the outcome .... however, given the down and distance ... when they did that play earlier, what sort of yardage were they coming up with?

Previously, on similar calls, they were crashing more on the interior run ... so McSorely was reading the DE and making great yardage.

This last time around, the DE stayed home, so McSorely gave the ball to the RB. If you look at some of the block ... you see the possibility for a big crease being created ... however, they fail to block one of OSU's D-linemen executing a twist ... and the rest is history.

I remember a play call by Brian early last year ... against Wyoming, I believe. It was the end-around to Ihmir. One of our guys on the periphery missed a block ... and the play got stuffed. But if that block had been made ... there would have been nothing but green in front of Ihmir. It was a great play call ... it just didn't work.

Franklin is one of those coaches that ALWAYS knows where the camera is. How many football coaches turn to the crowd on a regular basis and pump their arms to get the fans to scream?

Pat Fitzgerald does to the high school sized student section at northwestern

I wish he’d utilized that draw play against Iowa as their last chance rather than saving it for OSU. McSorley put it right where he needed to against us last year.

He would have handed it to Barkley, that may have not been great either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT