ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Renteria

Deepest condolences to JRent family and friends keep you’re memories of him alive.

He was so happy that Fatboy was coming back to Iowa City...he said "It feels like we're coming home." Another time, he pulled JRent from a tourney because he didn't make the weight he said he was going to make (think 61kg). A teammate was wrestling 65KG instead of 61KG...it was part of the deal that was made and he made his boy honor his word.

Good guy to talk wrestling with and was so proud of his son.

He was so happy that Fatboy was coming back to Iowa City...he said "It feels like we're coming home." Another time, he pulled JRent from a tourney because he didn't make the weight he said he was going to make (think 61kg). A teammate was wrestling 65KG instead of 61KG...it was part of the deal that was made and he made his boy honor his word.

Good guy to talk wrestling with and was so proud of his son.
We need to remember and honor men like this, these are the type of men this sport and this country were built on.
I wish the very best for J and his family maybe he can wear a Hawkeye uniform in his future who knows. I hope the wrestling community embraces him and his family no matter what his path may be.

We get constant reminders of what is important. It’s up to those left behind to remember. Best wishes to his family and friends. Hope they can carry forward some great memories.

Tough couple years for Jrent and the family. I hope they can find comfort in the remembrance that Big Jay loved and was loved by his family and the wrestling community.

jrent11
At 6:25 i lost the greatest man in the world. Words can’t describe how I feel knowing your not on the ground w me anymore pops. From the day I got to walk you gave me more than anything I could ask for. You have been the greatest father me and my siblings could of asked for. I know we had our ups and downs but i never thought i would have to let you go. I still remember the first time u tied my wrestling shoes. You touched so many lives and you gave me and my friends a future. I promise to protect Mom and my sisters here on Earth while u watch us from above. I love you Dad and I thank you for everything you did for me and the people around me. Fly high pops I love you and I promise to keep makin you proud. Til we meet again...

jrent11
At 6:25 i lost the greatest man in the world. Words can’t describe how I feel knowing your not on the ground w me anymore pops. From the day I got to walk you gave me more than anything I could ask for. You have been the greatest father me and my siblings could of asked for. I know we had our ups and downs but i never thought i would have to let you go. I still remember the first time u tied my wrestling shoes. You touched so many lives and you gave me and my friends a future. I promise to protect Mom and my sisters here on Earth while u watch us from above. I love you Dad and I thank you for everything you did for me and the people around me. Fly high pops I love you and I promise to keep makin you proud. Til we meet again...

Damn, if this ain’t sobering on Thanksgiving I don’t know what is. Kid makes a promise to protect his mother and siblings, you know pops is lookin down from heaven with pride.

bubbaandsonnyboy
user_offline.gif

Varsity

Lost one of our own
The wrestling world lost a good one yesterday. With deepest sympathy and prayers our hearts go out to fatboys dad Jason Renteria who passed away yesterday. He was on of a kind and a true lover of the sport. But he was an even better father and someone I was proud to call my friend. God bless you Jay and family

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT