ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Williams Caitlin not great yet

Tired of idiots pontificating points that are just ludicrous. Yes, look at Caitlin’s points scored. That alone makes her great. However, look at her assists totals. Look at her rebound totals. Is there another women’s college basketball player who has the combination of accomplishments that Caitlin has? Spoiler alert…No! Williams needs to get back on his motorcycle and ride off the TV podium. It is not making him look like a Duke grad.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Maybe Williams should have tried this angle, because the lack of titles angle didn't go over so well.

That all seemed a scripted ESPN segment to me. Just a designated contrarian to feed clicks.

If it was, it was poorly executed. Make the conversation about where her accomplishments rank, not whether or not she is “great”; which no ok me can really argue.

The guy is an arrogant prick. He can’t ever talk basketball without inserting himself, or his career into the subject. I’ve barely watched that show in recent years due to him. You’d think he was an all-timer as highly as he regards himself. No doubt a great player, but had tons of help with Boozer, Battier, Duhon, Dunleavy and Daniel Ewing.

Chips baby, it's all about chips. He referenced 2 players from the UConn dynasty who were "great". They were great no doubt, but they were surrounded with other great players in a time when women's bball was UConn and everyone else.

Piss poor take.

The guy is an arrogant prick. He can’t ever talk basketball without inserting himself, or his career into the subject. I’ve barely watched that show in recent years due to him. You’d think he was an all-timer as highly as he regards himself. No doubt a great player, but had tons of help with Boozer, Battier, Duhon, Dunleavy and Daniel Ewing.
Interesting that he never brings up his career concerning his FT against Indiana.

She is the only player in NCAA with over 3,000 points and 1,000 assists. Clearly not the goat. Go for a motorcycle ride Jay.
You can argue whether she would need a championship to be considered the GOAT - Jay said she needed one to be great...period. That's where the stupidity of what he said comes in. No one can argue with a straight face that she isn't a great player.

You can argue whether she would need a championship to be considered the GOAT - Jay said she needed one to be great...period. That's where the stupidity of what he said comes in. No one can argue with a straight face that she isn't a great player.
He is an idiot with an idiot take, just like Sheryl Swoopes. You don’t have to win a championship to be great. And that’s his argument. He won’t go near goat unless she wins multiple championships. And for that to happen, she’d have to come back next year.

I would say that Caitlin Clark is a great basketball player, Jay Williams is not great at driving a motorcycle! This is coming from the man that literally threw his career in the garbage! Now we can also say he's not a great analyst.

All these shitheads with these crap takes definitely think they need to take Caitlin down because they are on Reese's side. That's what this is. After that fabricated bs after the national title game making this a racial thing. It CLEARLY is to these people. In the last week I've seen Angel in photos alongside Swoopes and now Williams. After what these idiots say on the air I can only imagine the absolute shit they talk off it. And being on team Reese is part of it.

Jay Williams and Chris Canty were both taking shots at Iowa the morning after the title game on ESPN radio. Pushing the race card and saying Reese was their girl.

Reactions: IAmTheLaw151
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT