ADVERTISEMENT

What drives millions of people’s stupidity when it comes to Caitlin?

Unfortunately, disdain for Caitlin took a huge leap recently because of her over-the-top antics on the court, especially during the Holy Cross game. National commentators (including Dan Dakich & Jason Whitlock among others) noticed and have taken a sharply negative view of her.

Reactions: BonzoFury
People saying CC's defense is good have not been watching her much. It is a minus tool in her bag. She will snatch an occasional steal or block a random shot, but she is truly not good on that end. Blocking out is part of that side of the ball. It's possible to get steals and rebounds and not be a good defender. See James Harden on the steals. She is slow to rotate in help side def, doesn't stay down and compete in a stance, etc.

I do think Lisa is going to enjoy coaching more next year. We won't be as good or have the same highs, but coaching a player like CC is not always fun. The reality is she is not always a great team leader during games, often complaining when the other 4 are huddling to talk about the next play. Often in her head rather than celebrating a teammate. Drawing negativity. Etc. If she wasn't ours, it would be easy to be a hater.

Yes, she's competitive and driven. There are thousands of players who are also competitive and driven who don't act like her. It's not like being ultra competitive has to require the other stuff.

That being said, I've loved her competitiveness and what she's done for our state and program. I take the good with the bad and appreciate how generational she truly is. Go Hawks.

You think a country that has millions of people supporting a criminal for president has good judgment? LOL

This country is a mess, and sports is caught up in the whole morass brought to us by a political cult. If that cult leader doesn't end up in prison soon, then any chance of decency, fairness, and democracy will be dead. And it's clear that not even sports will be exempt.

The attacks on CC are gutless emobiments of the worst human nature has to offer, but that's how this political cult has told people to act for the last several years. It's disgusting, and it needs to end.
I agree…what the Biden family crime syndicate has done regarding taking bribes and other influence-pedaling from foreign countries is criminal. Not to mention Biden failing to enforce current laws at our southern border. However, I digress. 😜

The problem is it's not just the majority of Republicans that are morons, it's the majority of Americans. It's just MAGAts that think showing their stupidity is now cool so they're more visible!
I agree…what the Biden family crime syndicate has done regarding taking bribes and other influence-pedaling from foreign countries is criminal. Not to mention Biden failing to enforce current laws at our southern border. However, I digress. 😜
In short it's morons like you that are the problem.

I think it’s the sheer volume of coverage she gets… It can be a little fatiguing. The fact that she’s become even more demonstrative on the court lately doesn’t help. Nothing turns people off faster than somebody who constantly complains to the refs.
EDIT: citizen Hawk makes a good observation, if the last two games are the only impression some people have of her it hasn’t been her best look.

Yes on all accounts and I love watching her play. But she can be a little over the top and I didn’t like that when my kids did it, and more importantly, we have way more than Caitlin Clark on the team. I get it ,she’s one of the greatest basketball players of all time but we haven’t gotten this far with about two or three other girls involved, too.

Ratings are way up and that is mainly Clark. Sue Bird and a lot of UConn women got a lot of pub, Cheryl Miller got a lot of pub but she was Reggies's sister also.

These games used to have 400K people watching in regular season and now areans are totally full and 3-10 million are watching games. I am not totally sure but it seems some of the coaches and other players are going off the deep end with the histrionics also. Lot's of pressure.

But Clark gets so many double and triple doubles it is hard to ignore. She is basically a long shooting pt guard with great ballhandling who can drive but she also gets all those assists and rebounds. The rebounds by a point guard is amazing. she is very good on defense, she seems to make big defensive plays late in games when needed.
Cheryl was Reggie’s older sister. She got press because of being an amazing ball player. Nobody knew who Reggie was yet.

I’m an Iowa fan and I get tired of all the attention she gets, so are a lot of people I know. I get it, but it’s still annoying.

I’m also tired of her constant bitching at the officials and overall shitty attitude, especially lately.

I also wouldn’t trade her for anyone!

All I have to say to the haters and those who hate the haters is:
the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF
Nailed it. Get lives people. In the end it’s all a game involving a little orange ball.

Reactions: Doodads and Hoohah
Yeah, that's what he said. ;) Some of the responses are worse than the criticisms.

The vast majority of fans love CC's intensity and competitiveness...she's a generational player. So what if she dropped an f-bomb. No biggie. She's been special to watch. She's also been very generous with her time off the court with fans. Terrific person.

What some don't like is her increasing on-court complaining to the refs, dramatic gesturing in frustration when things don't do her way, etc. (and it has been happening more lately) Most fans don't like that in any athlete...male or female. LeBron James gets called out for it constantly as do other players who act similarly, so it's not a double standard. It comes with the territory.
Read what I posted earlier. She doesn't REALLY bitch anymore then any other male or female player. She just has the ball more and EVERY eye is on her all the time. ALL the players bitch on almost every call. She's just involved in way more calls because she has the ball ALL the time, and EVERY defense keys multiple players in her....

Read what I posted earlier. She doesn't REALLY bitch anymore then any other male or female player. She just has the ball more and EVERY eye is on her all the time. ALL the players bitch on almost every call. She's just involved in way more calls because she has the ball ALL the time, and EVERY defense keys multiple players in her....
You make good points, KC. No doubt she's got lots of eyes on her. Everything she does is scrutinized...that's gotta be tough. But she does complain more or at least more demonstratively than others...particularly the last two games.

She's an amazing player and has shown what kind of person she is off the court as well. We're lucky to have her in black and gold. No doubt about it. But I'm also going to be honest about what I (and apparently a lot of others including her Dad) have seen recently. It doesn't negate her greatness, but it does give critics ammunition. It also signals to the opponent that they've got her rattled.

Last edited:
Podcasters/social media posters live by the hot take. Consistency of opinion is not necessary. In fact, it’s probably discouraged at times. Got to get the clicks. It’s what passes for journalism in many circles today. Shoot first, aim second. Also, the slice of people doing this is pretty small although the reach of their voice can be great. We shouldn’t accept that this is the voice of anyone except the ones seeking the attention Someone mentioned jealousy, I’m sure that’s a part of it. It is a salve on their own sad, non transcendent, underachieving life.

People saying CC's defense is good have not been watching her much. It is a minus tool in her bag. She will snatch an occasional steal or block a random shot, but she is truly not good on that end. Blocking out is part of that side of the ball. It's possible to get steals and rebounds and not be a good defender. See James Harden on the steals. She is slow to rotate in help side def, doesn't stay down and compete in a stance, etc.

I do think Lisa is going to enjoy coaching more next year. We won't be as good or have the same highs, but coaching a player like CC is not always fun. The reality is she is not always a great team leader during games, often complaining when the other 4 are huddling to talk about the next play. Often in her head rather than celebrating a teammate. Drawing negativity. Etc. If she wasn't ours, it would be easy to be a hater.

Yes, she's competitive and driven. There are thousands of players who are also competitive and driven who don't act like her. It's not like being ultra competitive has to require the other stuff.

That being said, I've loved her competitiveness and what she's done for our state and program. I take the good with the bad and appreciate how generational she truly is. Go Hawks.
I'd agree with much of this, BUT clearly there has NEVER been a player of either gender who has the pressure she's playing under (because of the social media age), weighted on her shoulders. Maybe factor that in.....

You think a country that has millions of people supporting a criminal for president has good judgment? LOL

This country is a mess, and sports is caught up in the whole morass brought to us by a political cult. If that cult leader doesn't end up in prison soon, then any chance of decency, fairness, and democracy will be dead. And it's clear that not even sports will be exempt.

The attacks on CC are gutless emobiments of the worst human nature has to offer, but that's how this political cult has told people to act for the last several years. It's disgusting, and it needs to end.

Yes this most recent political environment is the worst ever….😳 Holy snikes people. Do any of you read history.

At this point in time ive come to the conclusion if your aren’t A criminal you arent going to get elected.

I mean honestly are people not aware of the crimes and murders and unethical behavior most of our previous elected leaders have been accused of?

And yet we somehow have people who think Trump was the worst….WTH?

Hell we have 2 former Presidents, Bush Sr and LBJ who are accused of having another one killed…

Hell I’m not sure Trump would make the top 10.

Oddly enough, this middle of the road American is much more bothered and freaked out by these militant anti-Trump folks than I even am the over the top Trumpers and they are bad news themselves.

So if your premise is there are a lot of over the top political nut jobs out there….we both agree. Everywhere and on everyside.

I keep seeing social media posts about women’s basketball and the comment sections always follow a common theme.

People upset that Caitlin gets so much attention, people of color seem to be majority anti-Clark claiming that there are several players better than Caitlin and generally showing somewhat of an animosity toward her (is this a reaction to what they perceive as Caitlin fans/ Iowa fans saying racist things about Angel Reese?), many people saying all she can do is shoot (despite the fact she’s top 5 all time in NCAAW BBall in assists) and that she can’t play defense (stupid as **** and immediately tells me the person doesn’t watch her games.) or that she shoots 40 times per game.

Again, why does fandom around Caitlin split so heavily along racial lines? Caitlin herself hasn’t ever said anything racist or negative about Angel or Dawn or Sheryl or any other women of color that are seen as “antagonists” of CC.

Antonio Brown’s comments to CC were uncalled for too, but that doesn’t mean I dont like JuJu Watkins.

Make it make sense
Have you seen these boards when talking about LeBron? It's the same crap. When you reach the top of anything, some people will try to tear you down.

Reactions: cmhawks99

I assume you're talking about dumbass that's president now?

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
I keep seeing social media posts about women’s basketball and the comment sections always follow a common theme.

People upset that Caitlin gets so much attention, people of color seem to be majority anti-Clark claiming that there are several players better than Caitlin and generally showing somewhat of an animosity toward her (is this a reaction to what they perceive as Caitlin fans/ Iowa fans saying racist things about Angel Reese?), many people saying all she can do is shoot (despite the fact she’s top 5 all time in NCAAW BBall in assists) and that she can’t play defense (stupid as **** and immediately tells me the person doesn’t watch her games.) or that she shoots 40 times per game.

Again, why does fandom around Caitlin split so heavily along racial lines? Caitlin herself hasn’t ever said anything racist or negative about Angel or Dawn or Sheryl or any other women of color that are seen as “antagonists” of CC.

Antonio Brown’s comments to CC were uncalled for too, but that doesn’t mean I dont like JuJu Watkins.

Make it make sense
She should have chose golf or tennis.

Yes this most recent political environment is the worst ever….😳 Holy snikes people. Do any of you read history.

At this point in time ive come to the conclusion if your aren’t A criminal you arent going to get elected.

I mean honestly are people not aware of the crimes and murders and unethical behavior most of our previous elected leaders have been accused of?

Hell we have 2 former Presidents, Bush Sr and LBJ who are accused of having another one killed…

Oddly enough, this middle of the road American is much more bothered and freaked out by these militant anti-Trump folks than I even am the over the top Trumpers and they are bad news themselves.

So if your premise is there are a lot of over the top political nut jobs out there….we both agree. Everywhere and on everyside.
Hell you are an idiot then. Trump not in the top ten? Bullshit. Guy is a moron.

LBJ and GHWB were bush league.

Andrew Jackson was the biggest asshole to ever hold office. He made so many enemies that he had to sleep with a pistol - even in the White House.

Lol a thread about Caitlin Clark, racial issues, the growing viewership of NCAAW bball has derailed to the point we’re now talking about Andrew Jackson

Only on GIA

Reactions: BrotherHawkeye
A lot of the hatred comes from it's being done at a school like Iowa. They are not a blue blood but not that mid major that people like to gush over during March Madness.

Ironically the fact she's doing it at a good but not great program is making the game more popular. If she went to a blue blood program, in Woman's basketball circles she'd be acknowledged as a great player. But wouldn't draw the fans to WBB like she is.

LBJ and GHWB were bush league.

Andrew Jackson was the biggest asshole to ever hold office. He made so many enemies that he had to sleep with a pistol - even in the White House.

Yes I’ve heard that, yet suddenly Trump is the worst ever….🤷‍♂️

A lot of the hatred comes from it's being done at a school like Iowa. They are not a blue blood but not that mid major that people like to gush over during March Madness.

Ironically the fact she's doing it at a good but not great program is making the game more popular. If she went to a blue blood program, in Woman's basketball circles she'd be acknowledged as a great player. But wouldn't draw the fans to WBB like she is.

I actually think that’s a good perspective

So many of you are going to cry when Trump is back in the White House.

It’s going to be glorious.
And you will as well after the effects of Trump in the WH can be felt. THE GUY IS AND WAS A TRAIN WRECK. He doesn’t stand for anything outside of what’s best for Trump. Why anyone would want someone so volatile as POTUS is a bizarre concept to me. The only explanation I can think of is that MAGA peoples lives sucks so bad they want to tear it all down.

Reactions: hawksurprize
And you will as well after the effects of Trump in the WH can be felt. THE GUY IS AND WAS A TRAIN WRECK. He doesn’t stand for anything outside of what’s best for Trump. Why anyone would want someone so volatile as POTUS is a bizarre concept to me. The only explanation I can think of is that MAGA peoples lives sucks so bad they want to tear it all down.
What planet are you on? I mean seriously. I cannot fathom where you are coming from. I'm serious. It's just the opposite of what you are saying

What planet are you on? I mean seriously. I cannot fathom where you are coming from. I'm serious. It's just the opposite of what you are saying
Yes, I know you live in an echo chamber. If you can’t see the 80+felony charges, sexual assault cases , voter fraud and his attempt to overthrow democracy in this country, I can’t help you. You are in a perpetual state of disbelief.

The problem is it's not just the majority of Republicans that are morons, it's the majority of Americans. It's just MAGAts that think showing their stupidity is now cool so they're more visible!

In short it's morons like you that are the problem.
Says a left wing liberal.🤪 If Biden policies occur for another 4 years, our country would be in big, big trouble. I’ve never understood why the Biden family has approx 20 limited liability corporations (LLCs) set-up? I guess it makes it more difficult to trace the source of various funds they received.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Hard to reason with someone like this. However, I’ll try…the economy was better, less crime, safer border, less global strife all under Trump. You have TDR, also known as, Trump Derangement Syndrome. 😉

Hard to reason with someone like this. However, I’ll try…the economy was better, less crime, safer border, less global strife all under Trump. You have TDR, also known as, Trump Derangement Syndrome. 😉
How are those things attributed to Trump? Please share with us and be specific. I find it funny you don’t attribute any of the current problems to Trump’s policies. You act like presidential decisions only effect the country during their tenure. No. Many of presidential decisions have a delayed effect to the country. Its disenguinous to state otherwise.

TDS is seeing the train wreck of a presidency Trump was and believing “that would be great again.” Like I said in a previous post, unless your life sucks and you want to burn it all down, you don’t want Trump. Nothing is predictable with Trump. When nothing is predictable people can’t plan and everyone fails. Trump is a disaster in the waiting. Ask yourself why none of his previous admin will endorse him. They all know he isn’t fit for the job.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT