ADVERTISEMENT

Jesuroga and Block to compete at Who's #1 (Friday, 9/9)

Lemely over Webster 7-6 last second TD. Great match. Webster had over 2:30 riding time. Not sure I've seen many lose with that much riding time in their favor.

Block loses 8-4. Bummer.
Bailey stalled his ass off last period but was clearly the dominant wrestler.

nate gifted that takedown. not even close to two. Forrest should be up 6-1 including the RT right now.

What an absolute scrap between Forest and Nate. Forrest is a magician with his defense. Jesuroga was in deep so many times. That first double that Forrest fought off was incredible defense.

Nate is a damn pitbull. I’m pumped for him to come into the Iowa room. Forrest was long and heavier. Great match. That’s a tossup the whole way.

Block loses 8-4. Bummer.
Bailey stalled his ass off last period but was clearly the dominant wrestler.
Many of these younger wrestlers need to put a bit more emphasis on the strength aspect of wrestling. I am not just talking about lifting weights, Grip strength is one of the most important aspects, along with body weight training. Spencer is showing his focus on this currently, I have been watching his videos along with guys like Kyle Dake who also focus on body movement strength.
I would love to see SL headhunting this type of training with the younger guys coming in.

was not as close as the score. jesuroga has pace, but forrest clearly the more dynamic, well-rounded wrestler. also looked quite a bit bigger, but i have a feeling that's just going to be the case for jesuroga's career.

was not as close as the score. jesuroga has pace, but forrest clearly the more dynamic, well-rounded wrestler. also looked quite a bit bigger, but i have a feeling that's just going to be the case for jesuroga's career.
Seth Gross type style, very long and a great scrambler.

Reactions: Mike Zierath
Idk what you were watching but there were several coin flip positions. It was just as close as the score indicated. I will concede that Forrest is extremely unorthodox and lot longer than Nate.

Idk what you were watching but there were several coin flip positions. It was just as close as the score indicated. I will concede that Forrest is extremely unorthodox and lot longer than Nate.
Agreed, take away the first period where Nate got ridden and Nate was the better wrestler. Imo. 3-0 hole with riding time was too much to overcome.

"coin flip" positions that he's lost every time he's gotten in them against forrest. they aren't coin flip positions. they're forrest's positions. That first takedown wasn't even close. It should have been 6-1 plus riding time at the beginning of the third period.

Reactions: tigerguy_
He’s a freshman too. Might wanna call His club coach and open up that young guns pipeline again. I can’t imagine he’ll hold 125.
That's crazy, next USA superstar in the making? Pico, Lee, type good?
I'm still pissed Pico went mma. Lol
I was obsessed with Pico as many of you might remember. 😝

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum and el dub
I mentioned Gross as what Jax reminded me of. Same body, same scrambles, same defense. Pretty uncanny, you could photoshop Gross's face on Jax and you wouldn't know the difference from Gross's younger years.

"coin flip" positions that he's lost every time he's gotten in them against forrest. they aren't coin flip positions. they're forrest's positions. That first takedown wasn't even close. It should have been 6-1 plus riding time at the beginning of the third period.
You make it sound like Jax ran him off the mat. That’s far from the case. Jax’s first score came off of short offense, he did great there and won that position, but Nate was a half an inch away from finishing that double, at the very least getting better positioning and not getting his left arm trapped so Jax could work the short offense. You don’t get much closer finishing a double.

2nd period you could argue Nate didn’t deserve his takedown. He would have been down 5-1 going into the 3rd if he doesn’t get that.

3rd period Nate scores off a Jax shot. Scramble, hard whizzer, Nate works his way into an edge of the mat take down on a go behind. Nate turns on the pace and snaps and moves his way into the cleanest takedown of the match. End of the match Nate gets out over his feet and they scramble. Position favors Jax but no points.

I stand by what I said. Those are coin flip positions. It was close.

Reactions: HawkMD and Grip220
Mat wrestling has never been a strength for Sebolt kids. Even at the youth level, you rarely seem them choose down and they often cut opponents/choose neutral when on top. They dominate so much from the feet it's hard to blame them but sometimes those skills get overlooked.

He’s a freshman too. Might wanna call His club coach and open up that young guns pipeline again. I can’t imagine he’ll hold 125.
He had Strittmatter and Josh Kindig in his corner. Kindig was a NCAA finalist for Okie State several years back I know. Maybe he’s a coach at Young Guns with Jody.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
Going to have to disagree with your assessment.

NJess just needs more mat skills and his time in the Hawk room training with Spencer will rocket them. This along with building his already big motor against Ayala and DeSanto, well I say look out.

Reactions: natchrlman
Agreed, take away the first period where Nate got ridden and Nate was the better wrestler. Imo. 3-0 hole with riding time was too much to overcome.
But you can’t take it away tonight. It’s like a boxer in a 12 round fight getting knocked down and dominated in the first four rounds and claim if those rounds were different he’d have won the fight?

Reactions: HawkFan1986
I actually felt worse about how this Forrest match played out than previous ones. As pointed out, one of Nate's TDs, as pointed out by @js8793 , was a complete fabrication, and folkstyle really showcases Forrest's superior ability to scramble. Of course, not a lot of 125s, even in college, with Forrest's dimensions.

Reactions: js8793
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT