ADVERTISEMENT

Jesus Christ our kids are soft

Damn that was tough to watch. I’m all for creativeness, but this was more creepy than anything. Was he hitting on Dr Faucci with that?

Reactions: ClarindaA's
PSA for the new people chiming in to bag on the kid on page 3, you likely missed page 2 and you should know that guys are making fun of a kid with autism. Who was trying to give back to the local vaccination staff. Just thought you should know.

I think that getting the vaccine has relieved some of his anxiety, and he deals with his anxiety through his artwork and his songs. He definitely was happy; because of his special needs, he was able to go back to school four days a week,” said Jani Lewis, Zachary’s mother.

Staff with the state health department say the artwork had an impact on the workers at the vaccine site.

“Because so many of us have been inspired by Zachary’s artwork, we’re going to keep his posted here on display for the rest of the time that we’re here. It really is an honor to have you join us Zach, and help us end this pandemic,” said Monahan.

People passing through the Dome Arena for their vaccinations can get stickers with Zachary’s artwork on it. Zachary’s mom says this recognition puts him another step closer to achieving his goal of being the most famous person from Geneseo.

While Zachary is creative with artwork and music, he also has a sense of humor as his mother thanked everyone for coming out to surprise him.

My footprint in this thread is minimal.

You seem triggered.
You're just an easy target based on total body of work...but you're right. You didn't do anything to deserve being called out.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Damn...him and David Hogg should get together and scissor.

EDIT: Posted before reading about the autism.

I went to high school with a guy who was similarly masculine. He was extremely smart, one of the smartest kids in school. We went off to college, he grew some but was still pretty wimpy. When we graduated I was shocked to hear he had joined the Air Force. I honestly thought he’d get eaten alive. At out 10 year reunion, his bony, wimpy structure had filled out to rock solid; damn sure no bully would pick him as a target.
He retired a few years ago as a Colonel. Great guy, great success story. I always knew he’d do well in life because he was very intelligent- but if you’d told me his career path when he was a scrawny high schooler, I’d have never believed it.

PSA for the new people chiming in to bag on the kid on page 3, you likely missed page 2 and you should know that guys are making fun of a kid with autism. Who was trying to give back to the local vaccination staff. Just thought you should know.

I think that getting the vaccine has relieved some of his anxiety, and he deals with his anxiety through his artwork and his songs. He definitely was happy; because of his special needs, he was able to go back to school four days a week,” said Jani Lewis, Zachary’s mother.

Staff with the state health department say the artwork had an impact on the workers at the vaccine site.

“Because so many of us have been inspired by Zachary’s artwork, we’re going to keep his posted here on display for the rest of the time that we’re here. It really is an honor to have you join us Zach, and help us end this pandemic,” said Monahan.

People passing through the Dome Arena for their vaccinations can get stickers with Zachary’s artwork on it. Zachary’s mom says this recognition puts him another step closer to achieving his goal of being the most famous person from Geneseo.

While Zachary is creative with artwork and music, he also has a sense of humor as his mother thanked everyone for coming out to surprise him.

While I applaud you for pointing this out, the question still has to be asked why adults are spending their time mocking children on the internet. It shouldn't even matter if he's autistic or not.

Feels like these are bullies who never freaking matured out of their need to bully and belittle people who are weaker than they are. Is that what grown men in the 50's (or whatever time period you think we were sufficiently masculine enough) did??

Grow up OP. Seriously grow the hell up.

You want to be a man and be macho. . . go use your masculinity for some good in this world. Go mow the lawn of an old lady who lives alone. Help a shorter person reach something high on the store shelves. Volunteer to help build or improve a park. Go use your masculinity to help people. Because bullying people doesn't make you tough, it makes you a jackass. And bullying children not only makes you a jackass it makes you a coward.

Last edited:
While I applaud you for pointing this out, the question still has to be asked why adults are spending their time mocking children on the internet.

Feels like these are bullies who never freaking matured out of their need to bully and belittle people who are weaker than they are. Is that what grown men in the 50's (or whatever time period you think we were sufficiently masculine enough) did??

Grow up OP. Seriously grow the hell up.
I’m mocking society. Our dependence and worship of government. I didn’t know the kid was autistic. That changes my view on him, not his parents or society that clings on Fauci or anyone else as a their saving Grace. I don’t think men need to be hunters, misogynistic, powerlifters.... but you have to admit, men are becoming softer over the last several decades. Fatter, weaker, lazier, more dependent.

What's wild is that kid's song is still miles better than anything Toby Keith has ever released...by a factor of at least 12,000.
C'mon man! If you'd have said since 2008 I would agree with you. But some old Toby Keith is damn good.

Should Have Been a Cowboy
You Shouldn't Kiss Me Like This
You Caught Me at a Bad Time
Who's That Man
My List
Whiskey Girl
I Can't Take You Anywhere

Again, his feelings aren’t hurt, he’s unaware.

Oh that makes you even more man, mocking a child (with or without autism) behind their back. That is man at it's most man. Super macho stuff there.

What is going to be your next addition to the masculinity of this nation. Rushing on the internet to talk about that pussy 2 year old you just saw who cried after he fell on the pavement and skinned his knee? While your at it are you going to tell us about that wimpy 4 year old you saw in the doctor's office who's scared of getting a shot?

Oh that makes you even more man, mocking a child (with or without autism) behind their back. That is man at it's most man. Super macho stuff there.

What is going to be your next addition to the masculinity of this nation. Rushing on the internet to talk about that pussy 2 year old you just saw who cried after he fell on the pavement and skinned his knee? While your at it are you going to tell us about that wimpy 4 year old you saw in the doctor's office who's scared of getting a shot?
Hmmm, there’s no bullying here.... just pointing out how soft kids are, society. More mocking the people raising and producing this generation. Hyperbole is a great tool in the right hands, just not yours. You believe in God. Do you think obesity and not taking care of your body is a sin?

Kid's a nerd, probably a little light in the loafers. But, I am sure this is a learned behavior from his folks. Maybe double dads?
Nope. Zachary has a mom named Jani “I’m thrilled for him. It just underscores what people on the spectrum can do. I got excited, very excited to see all of this.”

Reactions: WisestIowan
I’m mocking society. Our dependence and worship of government. I didn’t know the kid was autistic. That changes my view on him, not his parents or society that clings on Fauci or anyone else as a their saving Grace. I don’t think men need to be hunters, misogynistic, powerlifters.... but you have to admit, men are becoming softer over the last several decades. Fatter, weaker, lazier, more dependent.

The kid was singing a song about a vaccine that will allow us to go back to normal life without worrying about passing around a disease that has killed more Americans than World War 2.

If you want to call that dependence, fine whatever. I call it being a part of society.

If you want to be a big macho super individualist why don't you go live in the woods with nothing but your (I'm sure excellent) wilderness survival skills and your hard work. Because the rest of us would like to live in a society.

this kid is going to be rolled by the real world. Eat some meat(sorry jelly), lift heavy things, and disavow the myth of toxic masculinity.

That is effing stupid AF.

Someone slap this kid then feed him some black coffee, bacon, and over easy eggs so he can finally grow some hair on his berries.

Why are people cheering, stop cheering this type of stupidity on (not the safety measures, but the political hero worship that so many in our country seems to be participating in...firmly looking at you dip shit MAGAs as well).

FFS why are we hero worshiping people in govt, most of those who can't in life get govt jobs.

Dude, you’re dependent on some weird idea of “strength” and “independence” to feel good about yourself, parading it on a message board looking for affirmations. And you wanna talk about “soft”?

You’re charmin soft, C. Insecure as they come.

Amusing, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT