ADVERTISEMENT

Jesus is quoted as saying: "You will know them by their fruits."

By personal god I of course mean a god like the one in Christianity who created you and knows all your thoughts but also gave you free will and will use that as a basis for judging you, his creation. One gets accused of being condescending for putting it like that but it's not inaccurate.

Nah, you're actually funny. I like your style. I just didn't know if you were serious or not.

The advancement of the species which is of course not all in the lap of religion but I would like to know about more hostile institutions to science than religions
Wut?

look%2Bof%2Bconfusion.gif

Because of religion, it was socially acceptable when I was in high school in the mid 00s in rural Iowa to discriminate against homosexuals and to think of yourself as morally "good" for clearing the high bar of allowing yourself to be dragged to church. Because of specifically religion.

Because of religion, it was socially acceptable when I was in high school in the mid 00s in rural Iowa to discriminate against homosexuals and to think of yourself as morally "good" for clearing the high bar of allowing yourself to be dragged to church. Because of specifically religion.
Yes, many bad things have been done using religion as a prop. Humans are far from perfect of course. We screw up a lot. Makes sense that we would also screw up the religions we follow too. If you find dogma that forces discrimination and hatred then I would say you have a valid argument here. But almost all faiths today do not. Islam at its core may come close (well, closer than many may think) but I cannot think of any other core teaching for hate across western and eastern faiths.

The Bible is the greatest piece of fiction ever written! 💪🙌
Here’s my big issue with it. Jesus made unleavened bread when he fed the masses. No one would do that. If you have this amazing ability to make bread and wine anytime you need it, you’re gonna go the extra step and make the bread decent at least. I’m not saying he should make bagels or garlic knots but a decent pumpernickel or focaccia wouldn’t be that much harder and it’s way more enjoyable.

• Haha
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Here’s my big issue with it. Jesus made unleavened bread when he fed the masses. No one would do that. If you have this amazing ability to make bread and wine anytime you need it, you’re gonna go the extra step and make the bread decent at least. I’m not saying he should make bagels or garlic knots but a decent pumpernickel or focaccia wouldn’t be that much harder and it’s way more enjoyable.

After the "walking on water" story they had to reel it back in a bit 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT