ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Jordan (Redux Joe Paterno, Dennis Hastert, Larry Nassar)

The financial liability for these situations is just enormous. Reported that Michigan State University paid $500, 000.000 (yes, million) in settlement for the Nassar series of incidents.

That is a huge amount, and rightfully so. The one thing about these situations that bother me, other than the obvious thing which is people getting molested, is the idea of the infallible victim. When there is that much money on the line, is it wrong to question the motives, biases and timelines, because if justice is truly being seeked should we not make sure that justice is truly served?

MSU and PSU seem clear cut now, and it may very well be that Ohio St. is the same, but when you have someone like Disabato come out you can create multiple narratives and motives. Is it wrong to look into those? Before we roll the guillotine in and start chopping heads off, isn't it important to entertain those other possibilities. Victim shaming is not good. Neither is the infallible victim and it leaves just as dangerous of a precedent. Where is the line?

Reactions: csiebott
Fun fact: Jim Jordan is former Iowa bballer Jarrod Uthoff’s father in law.

I see a pattern of behavior in all the molestation cases mentioned. It sounds like you do too. Many cases go on for years with nothing done by those in power. Shit gets swept under a rug. And then a portion of the general public refuse to believe the accusations in the end.
But like Dennis Hastert, it comes back to bite 'em in the end.
Even if it doesn't, imagine having to live with the guilt that you could have done something, but you didn't.

Reactions: el dub
and - I give a crap? Access Hollywood is the last thing I would ever watch - just like Oprah, The View, The women's View, the Ladies View, Hoodah Koteb, and Kathy Lee. I first thought you were referring to William Jefferson Clinton and his escapades with 16 year old interns and lying under oath - and that woman Hilliary and all the people that died and she lied under oath and attempted to destroy government evidence. Good Point! Keep 'em coming! I suppose. So - some whore got paid and now you live your life to make it a big deal? on an Iowa Wrestling Forum? What kind of person goes that distance?

Sorry for upseting you for an attempted humorous post that had nothing to do with Iowa wrestling.

And thank you for posting about Oprah, Kathy Lee, The View, Hillary, Bill Clinton, etc.... all topics very relevant to Iowa wrestling. LOL!!!

“At no time while Jim Jordan was a coach with me at Ohio State did either of us ignore abuse of our wrestlers. That is not the kind of man Jim is, and it is not the kind of coach that I was,” said Hellickson, who called Jordan “the most honorable man I have ever known.”

Words, words. Hellickson's definition of "abuse" may be like Clinton's definition of "sex." Something that never happened - regardless of what the rest of you think. And "honorable" may be a loose definition too. But it's his.

And someone up above questioned Disabato's motives. My guess is this has moved far beyond Disabato by now.
And Jim Jordan is not responsible for what the doctor did. It appears his only mistake was lying about being aware of the doctor's actions. No crime there.

Is he getting singled out because he's a famous politician? Of course. It's like saying Do Brad Pitt and Angelina get singled out because they are movie stars? Duh.

Hard to tell in this situation. I don't think the scope of what happened is really comparable to PSU. People on this thread are for sure judging based on politics on both sides. My only comment on it is if Jim Jordan was a waste disposal technician now his name would not have even been mentioned let alone being the most mentioned. No matter your politics that would seem pretty obvious. This was reported to have happened a long time ago.. I find it odd that none of these adults said a thing until now, even when the guy died nothing was said.

Now back in those days when a person was not quite right they were labeled as kind of creepy and it was understood. There would be rumors of this and that but it seemed nothing ever concrete was known. An example I know growing up as a kid was a guy involved with a kids group. He seemed a bit off, he would take the boys to go swimming at the lake sometimes but it was not planned so we would wear our undies or some even went skinny dipping. As kids we did not think anything of it, he stayed on shore. He would also have camp ins in the winter in an empty house. There was one kid who was kind of troubled and would get upset easily. The guy would take him to a different room than the rest of us to "talk" to him. We all thought it was odd but that's about it. One time the guy tried to get me to go to his room and my internal alert went off and I freaked out. I was never touched anywhere but just felt really creeped out. I insisted on calling my mom to come get me and I never went on another camp in. Probably ten years later the guy got caught molesting a young boy who was his neighbor and was sent to prison. Looking back as an adult it was clear the guy was a pervert. That said other than being creeped out me or the other kids never knew of a concrete incident of molestation. I have to assume he groped that troubled kid but I never saw it and the kid never said anything. I can assure you had I been an adult and he had tried something some bad shit would have happened to him.

In this case was the Dr. just giving people the creeps? Was it hey, Dr. X is a weird dude and creeps me out? Were there specific examples where he tried to perform such and such sexual act or just subtle things that made people feel weirded out? How was what he did communicated at the time? Did people come forward with accusations of specific abuse or just say the guy is a creeper?

I never told my mom I thought the group leader was a molester and at the time had no grounds to, I said he was weird. I'm not sure I really knew what was creeping me out, I just felt something was not right. I told her I did not want to go back there anymore and didn't.

This was what Hellickson said in one article. I have read where others state he said acknowledged it so not sure which is which.

“Neither Jim nor I would sidestep or avoid challenges for our wrestlers just because the circumstances were painful or uncomfortable — in fact, those are the kind of circumstances that motivated Jim the most,” reads the statement.

“At no time while Jim Jordan was a coach with me at Ohio State did either of us ignore abuse of our wrestlers. That is not the kind of man Jim is, and it is not the kind of coach that I was,” said Hellickson, who called Jordan “the most honorable man I have ever known.”

Powerful post -- thanks for sharing.

I would wager (as I imagine you might, too) that the toubled kid was already a victim and, thus, an easy target for the group leader. Heck, odds are probably not small that the leader was a victim as a youth himself. Thank goodness you avoided becoming another.

Reactions: AFHawk86 and MVPFAN
I now know that your a Republican and that when someone says something naughty about Republicans you can't accept it. Surprised you didn't say it was Hillary's fault or Obama's.
You would be wrong; but, nice try. My post you quoted admits that Republicans lie. It also admits that Democrats lie. I detest either one lying. Yes, I am a conservative and do appreciate the Freedom Caucasus. Yes, I really like Jim Jordan. Having said that, if he is guilty, I hope he gets busted big time. I just don't know if he is guilty or not. It will take a wrestler coming forward and saying "I told Jordan that Doc did this illegal act" to convince me. The "common knowledge" bit doesn't cut it. It is only hearsay and Hellikson was in charge, not Jordan..

Fun fact: Jim Jordan is former Iowa bballer Jarrod Uthoff’s father in law.
iYsyayC.jpg

8bdmXz9.jpg

uNlMo2G.jpg

5PbC6LO.jpg

2czfQpZ.png

You would be wrong; but, nice try. My post you quoted admits that Republicans lie. It also admits that Democrats lie. I detest either one lying. Yes, I am a conservative and do appreciate the Freedom Caucasus. Yes, I really like Jim Jordan. Having said that, if he is guilty, I hope he gets busted big time. I just don't know if he is guilty or not. It will take a wrestler coming forward and saying "I told Jordan that Doc did this illegal act" to convince me. The "common knowledge" bit doesn't cut it. It is only hearsay and Hellikson was in charge, not Jordan..

He wont get busted for anything. I presume most college athletes are of age and mandatory reporting requirements apply to children only. So even if one witnessed the team doctor engaged in sexual activity with an individual, athlete or not, one would not be required to report anything, unless of course if it was sexual assault in which case one might be called as a material witness.

While there may be a financial motivation this appears to be more of a political hit job. The law firm, Perkins Coie, is the same outfit that manufactured the completely unsubstantiated Russian Dossier that no credible person or organization will allow themselves to be associated with.
Sounds like a line right out of Fox Noise.

Lots of talk goes on in a locker room.. Reading about how wrestlers knew a visit to the doc for an exam would include pulling your pants down, does not suggest molestation

Havent many said similar things about teachers, coaches, peers etc about them being gay as opposed to being molesters? Making off color remarks in jest or whatever... doesnt rise to the level of having knowledge of molestation

There are multiple people confirming the "talk" about the guy but, how many claimed they were molested?? How many then reported that alleged molestation to the dean, police, their parents or whomever???

Yet this week is the first we hear of this??

I met Jim Jordan a couple years ago at Carver during Big Tens. Very nice guy and complementary of Iowa wrestling.

Given the actors involved in this thread it was obvious the discussion would lead to politics. But Jim Jordan is beginning to make me a little tense. Appearing on Faux News Jordan declares that he hears no evil, sees no evil, nor speaks evil. His network news comments certainly helps establishes this problem as a political issue. Furthermore blaming the victims for the ‘crime’, and at the same time portraying the athletes as part of the ‘deep state’ is completely irrational. Jordan’s tOSU problem is really a homecoming visit to Michigan State University, Penn State University and the U.S. Senate. Deny, deny deny. And then blame the victim.

Appearing on Faux News Jordan is simply “preaching to the choir”. Reminding me of the quote attributed to Benito Mussolini, “the people don’t have to know, they just have to believe”. A central part of Mussolini’s doctrine of fascism. Eric Hoffer also speaks to this subject in his book, “The True Believer” (required reading for me as an undergraduate student at University of Iowa, and timely reading for all posters).

This is a University of Iowa wrestling forum, for your sheer enjoyment below is Randy Lewis vs Jim Jordan. The good stuff never gets old!

Sounds like a line right out of Fox Noise.

OHio Hawk, are you saying that Perkins Coie, the law firm behind these allegations is not the same firm that funded the "Trump Russian" dossier?

If so, then there must be another law firm that goes by that name as well. May be that "other" Perkins Coie law firm also has a Political Division that is led by John Podesta and Hillary Cintons personal attorney, Marc Elias. The same Marc Elias that hired Fusion GPS to manufacture the "Trump Russian" dossier. Is all of that just a coincidence?

As per the completely unvarified and unsubstantiated "Trump Russia" dossier, please cite any evidence that supports any of its claims. Or better yet, please cite any credible authority or politician that will state publicly that they believe any of it. There are none. Even the most partisan Democrats on the House Committee investigating the corruption in the DOJ and FBI abandoned that ship months ago.

I got a knot in my gut when I first read the news report. As I continued reading there were references to alleged abuse committed to hundreds of athletes across multiple teams and I kept wondering why the wrestling team was so prominent in the reporting. And then at the bottom of the article was the mention of Perkins Coie, the "fixer" law firm for the Democratic Party.

I stand by my opinion that this is a political hit job to diminish Jim Jordan.

Playing devils' advocate for a moment.

How much of this is politically motivated? Jordan wants to replace Paul Ryan as Speaker of the House and is an ally to Trump. The allegations are from 23 years ago. Why is it all coming up now, 4 months before an election?

Some excerpts from the linked article below:

In April, Ohio State announced it was opening an investigation into alleged sexual misconduct against its former wrestling team physician, Dr. Richard Strauss.

Strauss, who served as the team's doctor from the mid-1970s to the late 1990s, died in 2005 (committed suicide). Jim Jordan, first elected to the House in 2006, worked as an assistant wrestling coach at Ohio State from 1987 until 1995.

DiSabato said discussion was widespread at the time about Strauss' alleged sexual misconduct in the locker room, but Jordan denies knowing of any abuse.

"Doc Strauss was a serial groper," DiSabato told USA TODAY. "Everyone knew, including Jim (Jordan)."

DiSabato and two other ex-wrestlers told NBC News that it was common knowledge that Strauss showered with the students and inappropriately touched them during appointments. They told NBC it would have been impossible for Jordan to be unaware, and one wrestler said he told Jordan directly about Strauss' alleged abuse.

Jordan acknowledged Wednesday that Strauss showered with the team but said that, by itself, was not a concern.

"We had a separate locker room and a shower area and yes, he would do that, but there were other faculty, staff and other students that would," Jordan said.

Jordan said if any abuse is discovered during the course of the investigation, he hopes justice is served to victims.

Ohio Republican Central Committee 26th District Rep. Gary Click said the allegations are politically motivated in an attempt to unseat Jordan.

"I think the more attention you give to it, the more fuel you add to the fire," Click said. "The whole reason this is coming up is because Jim Jordan is a powerful person and he's gaining more power in Congress and is an ally to the president."

Jordan's office released a statement from Hellickson, the former head coach, on Wednesday.

"At no time while Jim Jordan was a coach with me at Ohio State did either of us ignore abuse of our wrestlers," the statement said. "That is not the kind of man Jim is, and it is not the kind of coach that I was.”

this is just one of the many stories out there:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...BlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyHandsome
No one gives a farmer’s fart about the prominence of the Jordan family in the sport of wrestling least of all any type of law enforcement or legal system. The only reason Jim Jordan’s name is out there is because of who he is in Congress.Otherwise, nobody cares outside of th sport.
Uh...excuse me. I care. I care about the fact that he, or anyone entrusted with the public good--whether a university athletics coach or U.S. Representative or church ministers--would fail to do the right thing at a critical moment. I am not making a claim that Jordan is guilty of such failure. Nobody knows enough of the facts to judge him. What I am responding to is your claim that "nobody cares." Our society is suffering deeply from sexual abuse perpetrated by those in positions of power. I care about that. Period.

Uh...excuse me. I care. I care about the fact that he, or anyone entrusted with the public good--whether a university athletics coach or U.S. Representative or church ministers--would fail to do the right thing at a critical moment. I am not making a claim that Jordan is guilty of such failure. Nobody knows enough of the facts to judge him. What I am responding to is your claim that "nobody cares." Our society is suffering deeply from sexual abuse perpetrated by those in positions of power. I care about that. Period.

You done virtue signaling yet? Re read what I wrote and get back to me.

...As per the completely unvarified and unsubstantiated "Trump Russia" dossier, please cite any evidence that supports any of its claims. Or better yet, please cite any credible authority or politician that will state publicly that they believe any of it. There are none.

How's this for a credible authority that has made a public statement: "Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper...said more of the so-called Steele dossier's claims are proving to be true." (May 26, 2018)

http://thehill.com/policy/national-...and-more-of-steele-dossier-proving-to-be-true

I guard your right to have your opinion, brother. I have mine, too, but I'm trying to hold back a bit till we all have more facts. That OK by you?

How's this for a credible authority that has made a public statement: "Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper...said more of the so-called Steele dossier's claims are proving to be true." (May 26, 2018)

http://thehill.com/policy/national-...and-more-of-steele-dossier-proving-to-be-true

I guard your right to have your opinion, brother. I have mine, too, but I'm trying to hold back a bit till we all have more facts. That OK by you?

Clapper has zero credibility. In fact, he is one of the leading candidates for who leaked the dossier info to CNN in the first place. He perjured himself on NSA snooping and lied again about the dossier...both under oath. Who is signing Clapper's paychecks now? CNN.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/27/house-intel-report-james-clapper-lied-dossier-leaks-cnn/

There are now five former wrestlers who say Jordan certainly knew....and another group who said they made their anonymous statements to investigators as a group. The truth will drip out.

In the past Jordan has criticized the FBI, the Department of Justice, and Internal investigators to diminish the impact of any findings he doesn't like. If he lied about the doctor, he now may have to add former wrestlers and Columbus police to the "not to be trusted" group. There are no criminal problems for him here, so he should be good to go for the Republican speaker job.

Reactions: MitchL and el dub
Clapper has zero credibility. In fact, he is one of the leading candidates for who leaked the dossier info to CNN in the first place. He perjured himself on NSA snooping and lied again about the dossier...both under oath. Who is signing Clapper's paychecks now? CNN.
Wow, lots of accusations there, Chief. I take it you don't like CNN, since you name them twice as if that closes your case. Well, then, how about NewsWeek?

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-russia-dossier-one-year-later-what-we-know-777116

But I prefer the lengthier, more in-depth reporting offered in the New Yorker:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/03/12/christopher-steele-the-man-behind-the-trump-dossier

They do some good history on the dossier, but also clearly debunk a lot of FOX News talking points. Steele was focused on Trump well before the campaign, a fact dismissed by those who don't want to give any credit to his dossier. Lost in the political smearing is the additional fact that Steele, himself, has been unjustly smeared. The article also offers up an aid of John McCain's as the one who very likely could have leaked the dossier's existence to CNN, contrary to your resounding judgment that it was Clapper. No one knows the answer to this question, and CNN will naturally not reveal their source.

So, I prefer not to paint with such a broad brush. The dossier has some credible, damning information, apparently, but not all of it has been verified. More importantly, this document is not the "casus belli" of the special investigation against the president, as his been amply demonstrated. My original post on this was to cry foul against the claim that the dossier was "manufactured" and "completely unsubstantiated." That is a classic FOX talking point. I called it out as such. If you want to defend that extremist claim, be my guest. I, of course, will oppose.

For the record, the original opposition research against Trump (the "dossier") was funded by a conservative republican donor who was anti-Trump. Only later did Hillary's campaign pick up the funding for the research.

Also, Christopher Steele (author of the dossier) is credible. He was a top British intelligence officer with MI6 for over 20 years, with expertise in Russian affairs. It is also a fact that the U.S. State Dept and U.S. intelligence agencies considered him credible, and read his reports.

Jordan will skirt the biggest fallout of being removed or resigning from office, but he can kiss the Speaker's position good bye.

Truly another piece of scum in the mold of his President. Where there's smoke... there's fire. It's no wonder the President has publicly given his support to Jordan.

I believe that Trump likes Golden Showers. Does that count?
Trump likes anyone who supports him. He measures a person's character based on their support (or lack of) for him. Regardless of anything else that makes you the person you are (including past actions good or bad), if you support him you're "a great guy/gal" and if you dont support him you're "a POS".
That is an undeniable trait of his narcissism.

So if you wanna know if he likes golden showers you must 1st ask yourself "Do golden showers like him?"
tenor.gif

OHio Hawk, are you saying that Perkins Coie, the law firm behind these allegations is not the same firm that funded the "Trump Russian" dossier?

If so, then there must be another law firm that goes by that name as well. May be that "other" Perkins Coie law firm also has a Political Division that is led by John Podesta and Hillary Cintons personal attorney, Marc Elias. The same Marc Elias that hired Fusion GPS to manufacture the "Trump Russian" dossier. Is all of that just a coincidence?

As per the completely unvarified and unsubstantiated "Trump Russia" dossier, please cite any evidence that supports any of its claims. Or better yet, please cite any credible authority or politician that will state publicly that they believe any of it. There are none. Even the most partisan Democrats on the House Committee investigating the corruption in the DOJ and FBI abandoned that ship months ago.

I got a knot in my gut when I first read the news report. As I continued reading there were references to alleged abuse committed to hundreds of athletes across multiple teams and I kept wondering why the wrestling team was so prominent in the reporting. And then at the bottom of the article was the mention of Perkins Coie, the "fixer" law firm for the Democratic Party.

The Dossier says that Trump loves to get pissed on by whores. Don't need official verification and substantiation of that. Trumps conduct says it all.

Reactions: Ohio_Hawk
I really don't trust the people making accusations here. It has been well documented how Disabato had treated burroughs and dake. But if you hadn't read, here you go.

www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/20/4540660/ufc-star-roy-nelson-cage-fighter-mike-disabato-sponsor-apparel-beef

Then there is Dunyasha Yetts:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dispatch.com/article/20120613/news/306139722?template=ampart?source=images

Now if you pay attention to Mike Disabatos Twitter, you will see him calling out, not only Jim, but Jeff Jordan, Rudis, Tom Ryan, and even Kyle Snyder. This just seems so much more than seeking justice for what a doctor did 25 years ago.

He is saying that Mark Coleman is ready to make statements about this too, along with something about Usawrestling and Rich Bender. Lord knows where that will go, but then I found this article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mmajun...ark-coleman-thankful-for-gofundme-support/amp

It is pretty easy to switch the narrative of these victims. Maybe too easy, Idk. The timing and the people speaking out against Jim Jordan is shady to say the least.
While I understand people being hesitant and not finding the first two alleged victims credible, your digging up of info on Coleman before his statements were even made public smell of a hit job on alleged victims/witnesses.

I can't bring myself to read the articles since in the past they have been so full of fake news and crap, but I am having trouble figuring out how a Congressman is responsible for policing a University. Doesn't the university have policies in place for this sort of thing? Was he supposed to fly in there and yank the guy out of there and then carry him to jail while also giving therapy to everyone else. This sure sounds like someone trying to take or create a problem and then pin it on someone just to ruin a career. Politics is scummy and a lot of politicians have some pretty shady character traits, but this seems like a witch hunt. You get a few gems who have been caught beyond a shadow of a doubt doing disgust ing things repeatedly and the public s

Then why is he the focus of the article? It is a witch hunt. Jim Jordan is mentioned more in the article than the perverted (assumed homosexual) doctor or the AD or the President of the university. Why do you suppose that is?
Find a disgusting activity and then connect it to someone n power and make people associate the disgusting behavior with the person you are trying to destroy. It is an old trick and one used often by the fake news, I mean main stream news.
I don't like it when politicians deny knowing about something, but it is a no win for them when they are the recipient of a witch hunt. If he admits knowing about it, the next questions are why didn't you do something about it and were you involved and how can we believe you? What does this say about your morals etc.
I also noticed how now the article mentions that up to 1500-2000 people may have been "assaulted and/or raped". Now, suddenly rape is being thrown around and tied to his (Jordan's) name. The fake, I mean main stream news, wonders why people don't believe them or take them seriously.
You lead with "I can't bring myself to read the articles..." which explains you making statements about people expecting a congressman to police a university. :confused:
I did read a lot of the stuff coming out and here's what I gather:

Not directed just at you but to those that believe Jordan is being called out by former wrestlers and at least one coach because of politics- not a single one that is on the record is blaming him or claiming he should have done more. They are calling him out because he denied knowledge of anything going on. If any other coaches that they thought knew what was going on denied knowledge of this I'm guessing they would be called out too.

Because of PSU/MSU and the way the media likes to sensationalize things, a lot people are going to either associate Jordan with a cover up of sexual abuse (some people will think pedophilia) and others will think this is a political conspiracy that includes the victims to associate Jordan with a coverup of sexual abuse. Based on what I've read I think that the investigation came as a result of MSU whether payday or "hey, what about my justice?" Being a prominent politician that was around at the time as a coach, IMO it was only natural that people are gonna be interested in Jordan's involvement. I think the facts that the alleged abuser is long dead, multiple former wrestlers and a coach say he knew what was going on and Jordan's stature along with today's political climate make his denial of what was going on such big news in relation to the overall story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT