ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Nagy's thoughts on Erick All (Jim is Executive Director of the Senior Bowl & an 18 yr NFL Scout)

And since Erick will finish his career at Iowa, we get to count him as ours.

Check this out & watch the 4 videos.

In that last vid, I am just waiting for Dunker to pancake somebody. He should be able to do it on occasion. I know in pass block they are supposed to engage and give gradually like he did, but would just like to see him unload on someone.

Excellent pass blocking on that last play by all of them. The switch by the two guys on left side (Richman and Feth), very impressive. Formed a nice pocket.

In that last vid, I am just waiting for Dunker to pancake somebody. He should be able to do it on occasion. I know in pass block they are supposed to engage and give gradually like he did, but would just like to see him unload on someone.

Excellent pass blocking on that last play by all of them. The switch by the two guys on left side (Richman and Feth), very impressive. Formed a nice pocket.

Pass blocking is better, run blocking was last game🤷‍♂️

Interestingly enough, I’m probably even more appreciative of the fact that as the season progresses, and our past opponents roll up the offensive numbers it seems to me our defense (sans a few boggling lapses) is very stout still.

And our offense although poor, can move the ball in spurts and make big plays…again in spurts.

All looks quicker and more athletic than most 256lb guys. He is very fluid and while not as fast as Fant, he seems to be a bit more savvy in route running and blocking.
Oh to have Lachey back healthy, those 12 personnel groups would be much more efficient, yet All is really having a good year, some of those smash routes look like a WR, poor LB trying to guard that.

The TD play where All lined up as a Fullback and went out for a pass...nice...first time I can remember in 20 years of KF ball where we A) lined up an athlete at the FB position B) Did something with FB besides a change of pace dive or short pass.

I would have been nice to see something like that in the past when we had guys like Kittle/Fant/laporta, etc. My biggest beef with the Fullback in Iowa offense is it always a guy that is good blocker but zero threat to do much as a playmaker. The Defense can crowd line of scrimmage knowing it likely a run and even if BF once in awhile involves he FB, it it is not a play that is going to burn the defense with the type of guys Iowa has put at FB in past.

Reactions: cm8124
The TD play where All lined up as a Fullback and went out for a pass...nice...first time I can remember in 20 years of KF ball where we A) lined up an athlete at the FB position B) Did something with FB besides a change of pace dive or short pass.

I would have been nice to see something like that in the past when we had guys like Kittle/Fant/laporta, etc. My biggest beef with the Fullback in Iowa offense is it always a guy that is good blocker but zero threat to do much as a playmaker. The Defense can crowd line of scrimmage knowing it likely a run and even if BF once in awhile involves he FB, it it is not a play that is going to burn the defense with the type of guys Iowa has put at FB in past.

You must not remember Jeremy Allen but surely you remember his slip blocks and going out to catch passes for Kirks teams, 1999-2001. A very good athlete

This quote is from the link below about Jeremy being an National I-Club Hall of Famer.

https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2019/08/19/field-hockey-hall-of-fame-spotlight-jeremy-allen/ He also threw shot put and discus for Iowa

"As a fullback in football from 1998-2001, the 6-foot-1, 240-pound Allen carried the ball 99 times for 438 yards and four touchdowns; he caught 36 passes for 386 yards and four more scores. Most of his yardage came in 2001, when the Hawkeyes went 7-5 for their first winning season in four years. Allen ran the ball 52 times for 242 yards with four touchdowns and caught 20 passes for 264 yards and four touchdowns.

During a 59-16 win over Northwestern on Nov. 10, 2001, Allen had two rushing touchdowns and one receiving.

it was a nice play design

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
He looks the part for sure. Great blocker, athletic, good routes. I just wish he'd hold on to the ball properly.

some on here have described it like he's carrying a loaf of bread

that early turnover in the PSU game was a kilter; not that it changed the outcome, of course, but it sure killed momentum

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT