ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Biden’s Superfans Think the Rest of America Has Lost Its Mind

binsfeldcyhawk2

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2006
Bewildered by tepid enthusiasm for a president they see as transformative, these Democrats occupy a lonely place in U.S. politics: “I feel like I’m the only one.”

Andrea Russell is a fixture on Earp Street, the quiet strip of rowhouses in South Philadelphia where she has lived for 45 years. In the afternoons, neighbors come and go from her living room as her 16-year-old cat, George, sits perched above a television that is usually tuned to cable news.
Ms. Russell, a 77-year-old retired legal secretary, thinks President Biden would fit right in. “He’d come on by Earp Street,” she said. “I could picture going up to him and saying, ‘Hi, Joe.’ I can see him here.” She identifies with him, she said, and admires his integrity and his record. She also loves his eyes.

Her friend, Kathy Staller, also 77, said she was as eager to vote for Mr. Biden as she was for Barack Obama in 2008. “I am excited,” she said. “I hope more people feel the way I do.”
Ms. Russell and Ms. Staller are ardent, unreserved supporters of Mr. Biden — part of a small but dedicated group of Democratic voters who think that he is not merely the party’s only option against Donald J. Trump but, in fact, a great, transformative president who clearly deserves another four years in office.

They occupy a lonely position in American politics.

Mr. Biden, 81, has never inspired the kind of excitement that Mr. Obama did, and he is not a movement candidate, in contrast to his likely 2024 rival, Mr. Trump, who is 77. Historically, he has been far more skilled at connecting one to one on the campaign trail than energizing crowds with soaring oratory.

But his poll numbers have been especially rough lately. A New York Times/Siena College poll released this weekend found that just 43 percent of respondents would vote for him if the election were today, compared with 48 percent for Mr. Trump.

Forty-five percent of Democratic primary voters surveyed said they thought he should not be the party’s nominee — and just 23 percent of primary voters said they were enthusiastic about Mr. Biden being the Democratic nominee. That stands in contrast to the nearly half of Republican primary voters who said they were enthusiastic about Mr. Trump’s candidacy.

The Biden campaign dismissed the latest numbers over the weekend, pointing to strong Democratic performances in recent special elections and highlighting Republican divisions and cash problems.

Mr. Biden also has a slice of voters who adore him. They wave off concerns about his age and bristle at the suggestion that anyone else could meet the moment.

In interviews with nearly two dozen of these Democrats — many of them older, and most of them women — they sounded by turns beleaguered, bewildered and protective.

How many of these people post on GIAHORT?

clown-g957dca0bf_1920-1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Bewildered by tepid enthusiasm for a president they see as transformative, these Democrats occupy a lonely place in U.S. politics: “I feel like I’m the only one.”

Andrea Russell is a fixture on Earp Street, the quiet strip of rowhouses in South Philadelphia where she has lived for 45 years. In the afternoons, neighbors come and go from her living room as her 16-year-old cat, George, sits perched above a television that is usually tuned to cable news.
Ms. Russell, a 77-year-old retired legal secretary, thinks President Biden would fit right in. “He’d come on by Earp Street,” she said. “I could picture going up to him and saying, ‘Hi, Joe.’ I can see him here.” She identifies with him, she said, and admires his integrity and his record. She also loves his eyes.

Her friend, Kathy Staller, also 77, said she was as eager to vote for Mr. Biden as she was for Barack Obama in 2008. “I am excited,” she said. “I hope more people feel the way I do.”
Ms. Russell and Ms. Staller are ardent, unreserved supporters of Mr. Biden — part of a small but dedicated group of Democratic voters who think that he is not merely the party’s only option against Donald J. Trump but, in fact, a great, transformative president who clearly deserves another four years in office.

They occupy a lonely position in American politics.

Mr. Biden, 81, has never inspired the kind of excitement that Mr. Obama did, and he is not a movement candidate, in contrast to his likely 2024 rival, Mr. Trump, who is 77. Historically, he has been far more skilled at connecting one to one on the campaign trail than energizing crowds with soaring oratory.

But his poll numbers have been especially rough lately. A New York Times/Siena College poll released this weekend found that just 43 percent of respondents would vote for him if the election were today, compared with 48 percent for Mr. Trump.

Forty-five percent of Democratic primary voters surveyed said they thought he should not be the party’s nominee — and just 23 percent of primary voters said they were enthusiastic about Mr. Biden being the Democratic nominee. That stands in contrast to the nearly half of Republican primary voters who said they were enthusiastic about Mr. Trump’s candidacy.

The Biden campaign dismissed the latest numbers over the weekend, pointing to strong Democratic performances in recent special elections and highlighting Republican divisions and cash problems.

Mr. Biden also has a slice of voters who adore him. They wave off concerns about his age and bristle at the suggestion that anyone else could meet the moment.

In interviews with nearly two dozen of these Democrats — many of them older, and most of them women — they sounded by turns beleaguered, bewildered and protective.

How many of these people post on GIAHORT?
Tell me you're a Trumper without telling me you're a Trumper even though you swear you're not a Trumper. Just look at your posting history.

They still see him as a moderate democrat, well-grounded senator who's working for the best interest of his constituents, using common sense as his guide.

They don't realize that guy has been gone for 25 years and if he were still around he'd be considering changing to Republican. Joe Manchin is Joe Biden with integrity.

They still see him as a moderate democrat, well-grounded senator who's working for the best interest of his constituents, using common sense as his guide.

They don't realize that guy has been gone for 25 years and if he were still around he'd be considering changing to Republican. Joe Manchin is Joe Biden with integrity.

More or less integrity than the guy you voted for?

Narrator voice:
“In the spring of 2024, Republicans would go on to nominate, in a landslide, an incoherent and incontinent almost 78 year old former president who, after losing the prior election, would go onto be a sexual abuse lawsuit loser and a man with 91 indictments in numerous ongoing criminal investigations. In addition to owing almost 500 million dollars of fines and libel, the criminal investigations of this man included intentionally taking and sharing top secret classified information, his involvement in organizing the insurrection to attack US congressional members and the vice president to steal the 2020 election and the attempt to reverse the Georgia 2020 election results. Even more shocking then his coronation by the GOP as their nominee, was that this same man would be in statistic tie in polls for winning the presidency because the current Democrat president, born 3.5 prior to the Republican nominee, was viewed as being too old”

@binsfeldcyhawk2 and the rest of the both sides club:
“Ha ha ha, stupid democrats think a huge chunk of Americans have lost their minds”

Narrator voice: “most historians now realize that a huge chunk of Americans had lost their minds due to decades of disinformation and propaganda fed to them by both enemy states and far right fake news sources”

Last edited:
It's a NYT article...
….that you could not wait to post gleefully because you think it makes Democrats look bad. It really doesn’t, their confusion is legitimate based on the opponent and overall performance of Biden and current state of the economy. We entered a very dangerous point in our history due to disinformation and the collapse of true journalism.

You pad expense reports, don't you,?

Reactions: noleclone2
That's what you got out of the article?

Interesting.

I got out of the article that they interviewed a couple of older ladies who liked Biden. In some weird attempt it tried to paint a picture of Biden living around these old ladies? Then it threw in some poll numbers about Joe being president?

What were you expecting we got out of it? Somehow we'd see some reality where Joe Biden is so mentally unstable we'd vote for Trump? Joe could be at his last breath and I'm still not voting for a POS like Trump. Neither should you.

….that you could not wait to post gleefully because you think it makes Democrats look bad. It really doesn’t, their confusion is legitimate based on the opponent and overall performance of Biden and current state of the economy. We entered a very dangerous point in our history due to disinformation and the collapse of true journalism.
I think the article encapsulates the feelings of many posters on this board...like you. That's why I posted it.

That's it.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
"....think the Rest of America Has Lost Its Mind"

It seems like you could throw just about any group at the front of this sentence and it would be just as true. Which probably says more about the state of things more than anything.

Last edited:
Politics in 2024 is very, very discouraging.

:(

"People want leadership, and in the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand."

Lewis Rothschild (Michael J Fox)
The American President

I was not a Biden supporter and yes I’d prefer a younger candidate this time around but that’s not happening unfortunately. Joe has navigated the last 3 years in a competent manner and once the gloves come off it will be readily apparent that he’s the only sane and logical choice for POTUS this time around.

People willing to pin their false hopes that another Trump term will change anything for the better in this country are fools with no accurate recollection of the disaster he was in the White House.

For the first time in my life time a constant theme has emerged for the Presidency, a candidate who is so old and feeble that it's discussed on a nearly daily basis is better than his criminal opponent.

“If they were having his last wake, and it was him versus Trump, and he was being given last rites, I would still vote for Joe Biden”

the-most-exciting-times-of-our-life-ruff-ryders.gif

For being “not a trumper” he HATES the only alternative to Trump. Spends a lot of time actively hating said alternative, in case there was still some ambiguity.
I'm not a Biden fan but would vote for him over Trump.

That said...how is the article in the OP anti-Biden?

I was not a Biden supporter and yes I’d prefer a younger candidate this time around but that’s not happening unfortunately. Joe has navigated the last 3 years in a competent manner and once the gloves come off it will be readily apparent that he’s the only sane and logical choice for POTUS this time around.

People willing to pin their false hopes that another Trump term will change anything for the better in this country are fools with no accurate recollection of the disaster he was in the White House.

You assume they care.

We have a lot of people who would use a Hitler clone if they could pay $10 less on taxes.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
For the first time in my life time a constant theme has emerged for the Presidency, a candidate who is so old and feeble that it's discussed on a nearly daily basis is better than his criminal opponent.

“If they were having his last wake, and it was him versus Trump, and he was being given last rites, I would still vote for Joe Biden”

the-most-exciting-times-of-our-life-ruff-ryders.gif
Why does the president have to be “exciting?” There’s a reason “May you live in interesting times” is a curse and not a blessing.

And last time he was in the white house would have been much worse if he hadn't had a few sane people around to stop him from doing many more disastrous things. He won't have those people there next time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT