ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Biden’s Superfans Think the Rest of America Has Lost Its Mind

I will unenthusiastically vote for Biden in November. I'm trying to think of the last time there was a hint of enthusiasm when voting...maybe Obama in 2008?

I actually hope that if I'm ever excited to voted for a POTUS candidate that I have the wherewithal to sit and examine what has brought me to that point.

It seems to me that enthusiasm around politics is usually bad news at the end of the day.

Bewildered by tepid enthusiasm for a president they see as transformative, these Democrats occupy a lonely place in U.S. politics: “I feel like I’m the only one.”

Andrea Russell is a fixture on Earp Street, the quiet strip of rowhouses in South Philadelphia where she has lived for 45 years. In the afternoons, neighbors come and go from her living room as her 16-year-old cat, George, sits perched above a television that is usually tuned to cable news.
Ms. Russell, a 77-year-old retired legal secretary, thinks President Biden would fit right in. “He’d come on by Earp Street,” she said. “I could picture going up to him and saying, ‘Hi, Joe.’ I can see him here.” She identifies with him, she said, and admires his integrity and his record. She also loves his eyes.

Her friend, Kathy Staller, also 77, said she was as eager to vote for Mr. Biden as she was for Barack Obama in 2008. “I am excited,” she said. “I hope more people feel the way I do.”
Ms. Russell and Ms. Staller are ardent, unreserved supporters of Mr. Biden — part of a small but dedicated group of Democratic voters who think that he is not merely the party’s only option against Donald J. Trump but, in fact, a great, transformative president who clearly deserves another four years in office.

They occupy a lonely position in American politics.

Mr. Biden, 81, has never inspired the kind of excitement that Mr. Obama did, and he is not a movement candidate, in contrast to his likely 2024 rival, Mr. Trump, who is 77. Historically, he has been far more skilled at connecting one to one on the campaign trail than energizing crowds with soaring oratory.

But his poll numbers have been especially rough lately. A New York Times/Siena College poll released this weekend found that just 43 percent of respondents would vote for him if the election were today, compared with 48 percent for Mr. Trump.

Forty-five percent of Democratic primary voters surveyed said they thought he should not be the party’s nominee — and just 23 percent of primary voters said they were enthusiastic about Mr. Biden being the Democratic nominee. That stands in contrast to the nearly half of Republican primary voters who said they were enthusiastic about Mr. Trump’s candidacy.

The Biden campaign dismissed the latest numbers over the weekend, pointing to strong Democratic performances in recent special elections and highlighting Republican divisions and cash problems.

Mr. Biden also has a slice of voters who adore him. They wave off concerns about his age and bristle at the suggestion that anyone else could meet the moment.

In interviews with nearly two dozen of these Democrats — many of them older, and most of them women — they sounded by turns beleaguered, bewildered and protective.

How many of these people post on GIAHORT?
Some women apparently love having their hair sniffed by an old man.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Reagan super fans thought he walked on water. And would devour any droppings from his knowledge. This is nothing new in politics.

Reagan super fans thought he walked on water. And would devour any droppings from his knowledge. This is nothing new in politics.

Reagan was a young pup compared to where Biden is,.. this is definitely new territory.

So how can they both be the happiest childless millennial on earth?,.. apparently didn't think that one through.

The Obama march to the Presidency in 2008 was pretty inspiring.

Pretty much gone off a cliff since then...
barack-obama-change-md-web.jpg

vs

sleepy-joe-biden-presidential-campaign-parody-mens-premium-sweatshirt.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT