ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Toussaint Back in Transfer Portal

Purdue just won the B10 while starting two white freshman guards.

I'm not saying Brock Harding is going to be ready to play B10 ball right away. But I am saying that dismissing him outright because he is white is just lazy on your part.
not on my part. the one dismissing Harding is Jonsey

Actually I'm pretty sure that you're the only one here that suggested he wouldn't be any good because he was white. I don't agree with you.
no I NEVER that he wouldn't be any good because he is white, I was responding to those that doubted his ability to even play. also if you had payed attention I used JBO and Gesell who are both White as examples to how good he could be.

quit twisting it to cover your ass.

no I NEVER that he wouldn't be any good because he is white, I was responding to those that doubted his ability to even play. also if you had payed attention I used JBO and Gesell who are both White as examples to how good he could be.

quit twisting it to cover your ass.
Huh... This wasn't you then? Maybe it was some alter-karnack that takes over when your meds are off? If so I apologize then.

again the problem remains the same. he is white and WHTE players have no business playing in the BT.

I loved Joe's fire and tenacity when he played at Iowa. He won't be back but I still think he was easily the best pg on the team, even with his faults. We had no disruptors defensively and no one to break down defenses offensively. Those are 2 things that Joe brings that no one else did. Again, I know he has some weaknesses, but his PER of 16 last year compares more than favorably to what we got out of Ulis and Bowen at 9 and 11 respectively. Hopefully Bowen becomes more of the player that we all want him to be this year. If not, PG play will again be a weak link on the team.
you did post this didn't you? so in fact it was you that tore down Harding and now you are pushing it onto me.

just like stats even though they are the same and like words remain the same. it is how they are used that can be used to make up what you want them to mean.

the last line is all I need

"PG play will be a weakness again"

just like stats even though they are the same and like words remain the same. it is how they are used that can be used to make up what you want them to mean.

the last line is all I need

"PG play will be a weakness again"
Umm.. no. That is not all you need friend. You need a quote where I "tear down Harding ".

I'm trying to be nice here. I don't like punching down, but you make it very difficult sometimes. Don't say things that aren't true, and if you're caught doing it, which is all too often, just take it as a lesson and move on. You're killing these forums.

Umm.. no. That is not all you need friend. You need a quote where I "tear down Harding ".

I'm trying to be nice here. I don't like punching down, but you make it very difficult sometimes. Don't say things that aren't true, and if you're caught doing it, which is all too often, just take it as a lesson and move on. You're killing these forums.
since Harding is just one of two PG's on this falls team there is no mistaking who you are talking about with that statement..

since Harding is just one of two PG's on this falls team there is no mistaking who you are talking about with that statement..
Good god man, this isn’t that hard. 100% of all hawk fans would be ecstatic if Harding comes in and sets the world on fire. At this point in time we have a guy who looked very unsure of himself last year and an incoming Frosh who looks to be very talented and heady but a little on the small side. Big Ten probably the most physical conference around. Bowen was on the smallish side last year and struggled. So yes, a lot of people are assuming Harding might take awhile to adjust. Not any kind of conspiracy theory I see. Harding seems to be an overachiever. We need him to be. That’s all.

Good god man, this isn’t that hard. 100% of all hawk fans would be ecstatic if Harding comes in and sets the world on fire. At this point in time we have a guy who looked very unsure of himself last year and an incoming Frosh who looks to be very talented and heady but a little on the small side. Big Ten probably the most physical conference around. Bowen was on the smallish side last year and struggled. So yes, a lot of people are assuming Harding might take awhile to adjust. Not any kind of conspiracy theory I see. Harding seems to be an overachiever. We need him to be. That’s all.
You realize Karny boy is simply going to interpret that as a challenge to double down, right?

Wait... Are you saying that white guys can't play B1G basketball? Cuz that's what I'm seeing! 🙄

Last edited:
Purdue just won the B10 while starting two white freshman guards.

I'm not saying Brock Harding is going to be ready to play B10 ball right away. But I am saying that dismissing him outright because he is white is just lazy on your part.
AND both struggled late in the year, BUT they had the unstoppable 7'3" guy to throw it in to. Probably had a lot more to do with them winning.....

6' or 6'1 is on the small size, so what does that make Indiana's 5'11 pg? or MSU 6'0 PG.

Better get Izzo and the Indiana coach on the phone and tell them that their PG's are way to small to play in the BT vs all these physical players. funny how these BT teams are not winning all these NC's as physical it is.

• Haha
Reactions: shoot_the_three
JBO was 6'1 and Gesell was 6'1 and didn't seem to struggle against ALL
these super studs in the BT.

better call the IA President and tell her to cancel the season to protect these small defenseless players from all these super MMA fighters in the BT.

JBO was 6'1 and Gesell was 6'1 and didn't seem to struggle against ALL
these super studs in the BT.

better call the IA President and tell her to cancel the season to protect these small defenseless players from all these super MMA fighters in the BT.

You don’t think Jbo struggled guarding studs in the Big Ten? You might actually be dumber than I thought, which is saying something.

You realize Karny boy is simply going to interpret that as a challenge to double down, right?
6' or 6'1 is on the small size, so what does that make Indiana's 5'11 pg? or MSU 6'0 PG.

Better get Izzo and the Indiana coach on the phone and tell them that their PG's are way to small to play in the BT vs all these physical players. funny how these BT teams are not winning all these NC's as physical it is.
🤣🤣🤣

I was actually pretty impressed with their freshman guards. They totally dominated our backcourt in that game. 41 points to 15.
that game was @ Purdue with Purdue scoring 38 point to Iowa's 21 the in the 2nd half IA Scored 52 points to Purdue's 49 points.
Ogundele payed 4 minute and had 1 offensive rebound, 2 defensive rebounds and 2 points, its to bad that IA never got them in Carver I believe IA would have won in Carver

I was actually pretty impressed with their freshman guards. They totally dominated our backcourt in that game. 41 points to 15.
Yes they did, but they had their struggles as well. My point was that Edey was the difference maker on that team, much like Luka was for us. Unfortumately their tournament didn't go much better then ours did.....

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Yes they did, but they had their struggles as well. My point was that Edey was the difference maker on that team, much like Luka was for us. Unfortumately their tournament didn't go much better then ours did.....
For sure Edey was the focal point. I just thought their guards looked great. Not too surprising that they got bounced early given the all freshman backcourt. We all know how important guard play is at tournament time. Iowa has had some great wings and post players the last several years. It's guard play that has prevented Iowa from doing damage in the tournament and I'm not sure that's been solved just yet.

I'm starting to assume that as well. But the weird thing is, Karnack could have just said he was being sarcastic and the thread would have died.

Instead he's just been firing off addled replies in every other direction.
That's why I added "half witted" to the end;)

That's why I added "half witted" to the end;)
the only half wit is you. jonsey is just twisting what I posted, what I posted was in response to Harding not being ready/good enough to even play in the BT that's why I asked for a reason why. when nobody responded. I said it had to be because that is the only thing that it could be.

now jonsey is twisting to mean something that it was not meant to mean. to bad as I have been of the few stating that he may start.

in the past these 2 were starters, Gesell and JBO. [BOTH were white and FR.]
now all of a sudden Harding isn't good enough and I want to know why?

suddenly a 4* player is not good enough, same with Freeman another 4* player that suddenly isn't good enough.

this is why I want to know WHY?

Reactions: dean_oliver222
the only half wit is you. jonsey is just twisting what I posted, what I posted was in response to Harding not being ready/good enough to even play in the BT that's why I asked for a reason why. when nobody responded. I said it had to be because that is the only thing that it could be.

now jonsey is twisting to mean something that it was not meant to mean. to bad as I have been of the few stating that he may start.

in the past these 2 were starters, Gesell and JBO. [BOTH were white and FR.]
now all of a sudden Harding isn't good enough and I want to know why?

suddenly a 4* player is not good enough, same with Freeman another 4* player that suddenly isn't good enough.

this is why I want to know WHY?
The reason nobody responds to your questions is because you generally act like an idiot.

gee then if that's the case I have a lot of company,
doubledown.gif

If I had to guess, it was a very poor and half witted attempt at sarcasm.
Of course it was. His inference was that the only reason why I would question whether Harding was ready to play college pg at a high level today was based upon the fact that he's white. There was nothing in the referenced post that had anything to do with being white, but that doesn't stop him from making asinine accusations. It was all in his mind-numbingly thick skull.

Of course it was. His inference was that the only reason why I would question whether Harding was ready to play college pg at a high level today was based upon the fact that he's white. There was nothing in the referenced post that had anything to do with being white, but that doesn't stop him from making asinine accusations. It was all in his mind-numbingly thick skull.
then answer the qyestion on why you doubt his ability to start in the BT, prove to me that it had anything to with the color of his skin. I gave you 2 very good white players that started as FR and had very good years,

I’m as big of a Joe T. fan as anyone but there’s zero chance for an Iowa reunion.

Personally I’d like to see if Bowen/Harding/Nimmers can man the PG this season. If none of them step forward we’ll likely see a lot of Dix/Perkins having to take over there.

Bowen was 8th on the team in mpg and ppg playing behind these
Ulis who was 6th in mpg and 8th in scoring at 6.1 ppg with 2.1 apg
Perkins was 3rd in mpg at 29.7 and was 3rd in scoring at 12.3 ppg and 2nd in apg at 2.8 behind Connor at 3.7 apg.

the lead in apg this season is wide open. my expectation for this falls assits #'s are in the 3-4 apg and 1.5 spg. plus 7-8 ppg out of the pg/1 position. if it takes 2 to do it that will be good by me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT