ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Toussaint Back in Transfer Portal

IowasLaw

HR All-State
Nov 19, 2019
Fran tends to struggle filling all of his scholarships, year in and year out. Zero experience at point guard this year. Would Joe come back now that he’s not playing behind Fran’s son? He seemed to like Iowa and the Hawks have scholarships to spare.

Fran tends to struggle filling all of his scholarships, year in and year out. Zero experience at point guard this year. Would Joe come back now that he’s not playing behind Fran’s son? He seemed to like Iowa and the Hawks have scholarships to spare.
hey asshole he never played behind either of Fran's boy's. that was not the reason why he left in the 1st place. so go and crawl back into your hole.

giphy.gif

Is there a spot for him or would another guard leave if he came back to Iowa?

I said this in another tread. I really believe if Bowen doesn't get a REAL shot to be the starting point guard, I highly doubt he'll be here by seasons end. Just IMHO he's got more upside then Joe, (especially on offense), and deserves a shot, Harding also looks like a player worth some rotation minutes. So, my answer would be no. I don't want to risk either losing or stunting the development of two committed players to gain one year from a guy who already packed his bags and left once, and has his own issues. I'm not Fran though, so we'll see what he thinks...

I'm just here for the gilligan vs @IowasLaw showdown.

I don't think these two have ever squared off and quite frankly this is the kind of offseason entertainment we need.
I don't think slaw knows how to reply, he only seems to start new terrible threads. Or maybe he's blind and dictates his thoughts without any sort of screen reader so no way to "read" any of the thread. Just throwing out possibilities.

Joe wants 30+ minutes. Not going to happen at Iowa, nor should it. Bowen needs as many minutes as possible to help develop and to determine if he is indeed the man at PG for the next couple of years.
Harding should be allowed to play as many minutes as possible to show if he should be the starter.

it should be a battle between these 2 for the starting job.

the same as the other jobs,

Harding should be allowed to play as many minutes as possible to show if he should be the starter.

it should be a battle between these 2 for the starting job.

the same as the other jobs,
How about Harding earns as many minutes as possible by playing well in practice.

Reactions: littlez
I loved Joe's fire and tenacity when he played at Iowa. He won't be back but I still think he was easily the best pg on the team, even with his faults. We had no disruptors defensively and no one to break down defenses offensively. Those are 2 things that Joe brings that no one else did. Again, I know he has some weaknesses, but his PER of 16 last year compares more than favorably to what we got out of Ulis and Bowen at 9 and 11 respectively. Hopefully Bowen becomes more of the player that we all want him to be this year. If not, PG play will again be a weak link on the team.

Reactions: lucas80
I loved Joe's fire and tenacity when he played at Iowa. He won't be back but I still think he was easily the best pg on the team, even with his faults. We had no disruptors defensively and no one to break down defenses offensively. Those are 2 things that Joe brings that no one else did. Again, I know he has some weaknesses, but his PER of 16 last year compares more than favorably to what we got out of Ulis and Bowen at 9 and 11 respectively. Hopefully Bowen becomes more of the player that we all want him to be this year. If not, PG play will again be a weak link on the team.
Why are you dismissing Brock Harding as a viable option at PG. Is it because he's considered too short or is it because he's an incoming freshman? Or is it because you haven't seen him play before?
Don't pigeon hole Harding as someone that will only see mop-up duty in blowout wins or losses. He's already turning heads in practices and before long Iowa fans will see the creative nature of this one of a kind player. He's a theft on defense and a magician on offensive, Moline doesn't win the 4A state title for the first time in school history and become Illinois's Mr. Basketball without being an exceptional talent.

Why are you dismissing Brock Harding as a viable option at PG. Is it because he's considered too short or is it because he's an incoming freshman? Or is it because you haven't seen him play before?
Don't pigeon hole Harding as someone that will only see mop-up duty in blowout wins or losses. He's already turning heads in practices and before long Iowa fans will see the creative nature of this one of a kind player. He's a theft on defense and a magician on offensive, Moline doesn't win the 4A state title for the first time in school history and become Illinois's Mr. Basketball without being an exceptional talent.
again the problem remains the same. he is white and WHTE players have no business playing in the BT.

• Wow
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
He might be terrific and no, I haven't seen him play. My take is that he's an incoming freshman playing the most difficult position in basketball. You might recall many on here claiming that Bowen had the starting PG position locked up. Then the season began and the Ronnie Lester heir apparent according to some here looked like I feared he would. A highly touted freshman point guard looking completely overwhelmed by the moment. If anyone played beyond his experience level, it was not Bowen, but instead the guy coming in off a catastrophic leg injury.

My point is that playing in the B1G isn't the same as playing in high school and even highly regarded freshman guards frequently stumble. Hopefully sophomore Bowen looks a a whole lot better than freshman Bowen. If not, maybe Harding does take extended minutes, but history tells us that he's probably going to struggle out of the gate like so many before him. I think Dix is probably a more likely alternative based on what we saw of him last year.

again the problem remains the same. he is white and WHTE players have no business playing in the BT.
Purdue just won the B10 while starting two white freshman guards.

I'm not saying Brock Harding is going to be ready to play B10 ball right away. But I am saying that dismissing him outright because he is white is just lazy on your part.

He might be terrific and no, I haven't seen him play. My take is that he's an incoming freshman playing the most difficult position in basketball. You might recall many on here claiming that Bowen had the starting PG position locked up. Then the season began and the Ronnie Lester heir apparent according to some here looked like I feared he would. A highly touted freshman point guard looking completely overwhelmed by the moment. If anyone played beyond his experience level, it was not Bowen, but instead the guy coming in off a catastrophic leg injury.

My point is that playing in the B1G isn't the same as playing in high school and even highly regarded freshman guards frequently stumble. Hopefully sophomore Bowen looks a a whole lot better than freshman Bowen. If not, maybe Harding does take extended minutes, but history tells us that he's probably going to struggle out of the gate like so many before him. I think Dix is probably a more likely alternative based on what we saw of him last year.
what history are you talking about.
Gessel is recent history
JBo is even more recent. all he did as a starting FR was have 175 assists and 85 made 3's, just the 2nd PG in the previous 25 years to do so
then as a SO he had 175+ assists and made 85+ 3's the only player reguardless of position in D1 BB to record those type of numbers. as I asked by whose history?
JT stared as a FR and led the team in steals

Joe wants 30+ minutes. Not going to happen at Iowa, nor should it. Bowen needs as many minutes as possible to help develop and to determine if he is indeed the man at PG for the next couple of years.
Bowen needs about 15 pounds of muscle on him, and some bulldog in him. He didn’t earn many minutes last year.
I am hoping he gets that muscle and turns a corner like so many freshmen do for their second year.

Bowen needs about 15 pounds of muscle on him, and some bulldog in him. He didn’t earn many minutes last year.
I am hoping he gets that muscle and turns a corner like so many freshmen do for their second year.
by your standards these need to put on 15 lbs
RSFR Nimmers 6'2 173 lbs
SO Bowen 6'2 174 lbs
FR Harding 6'1 160 lbs although he should put on 30 lbs,

some how I don't think that Fran wants his pg's to become gorilla's in weight.

• Haha
Reactions: shoot_the_three
by your standards these need to put on 15 lbs
RSFR Nimmers 6'2 173 lbs
SO Bowen 6'2 174 lbs
FR Harding 6'1 160 lbs although he should put on 30 lbs,

some how I don't think that Fran wants his pg's to become gorilla's in weight.
190 lbs = 🦍 weight?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT