ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Wieskamp is picked #41 Overall by the San Antonio Spurs. NBA Summer League debut on Aug 3, 8:00 PM on NBA TV

Is the contract amount guaranteed? Is it dependent on the ration of games in the G-league vs. NBA?
From what I read, it sounds like they got rid of the per game pro-rated pay and just have a flat pay based upon half of the rookie minimum contract. So I think he's getting that amount. I don't know if that is guaranteed if they cut him, but I'd guess so since it is only a one year deal.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Good for Joe! I hope they find better ways to utilize his talents than they did in the Summer League.

Last edited:

FAjLl9fXIAEM1MD

I think the 2-way contract is the best option for Joe. He needs to get some minutes against NBA bodies and acclimate himself to the difference between college and the pros.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Didn't know Josh went to the "G". He looked decent in the SL.
Primo? He looked like a selfish highschool player who thought he was the star of the show. Forced a lot of shots instead of passing. He may have been the best in his HS league, but he's gotta learn to be less selfish. On the flip side, wieskamp seems like he could be a little more aggressive, I saw him standing around the perimeter a lot. Maybe that's what they want from him.

Reactions: Ronman
Joe was called up from his G League assignment and was on the bench last night during the Spurs (2-6) 109-108 home loss to the Dallas Mavericks (5-3).

The main reason he was called up? The Spurs have 3 players dealing with injuries.

Joe did not play (coach's decision).

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Seems like Zach Collins has more missed games than actual played games. What a blessing to be coached by Pop. Take that in young man, Joe!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT