ADVERTISEMENT

Josey Jewell was fined?

Raiders, Buccaneers, and Vikings all were marauding gangs that raped, murdered, and stole. Kansas City’s logo is literally an instrument of warfare.

But, yeah, let’s fine Josey for playing Roy Rogers.

Only leftwing displays are allowed.
the kid mero crying GIF by Desus & Mero

Warning On Air GIF by Adult Swim

If there’s anything the NFL can’t abide, it’s violence.

“Then there shouldn’t be a cannon in Tampa, there shouldn’t be Minutemen in New England, and there shouldn’t be flyovers with killing machines such as bombers and jets,’’ said Jewell’s agent, Jack Bechta.

Reactions: torbee and TJ8869
Jewell’s contention is that the NFL told him it was okay when he won his appeal the last time they fined him for it.
I might have missed it, but I only saw the video of the one against the Chargers. It looked like he was gesturing towards the Chargers QB, which I can see as being worse. We'd need to know why the NFL accepted the appeal on the first violation, and what he was told.
And, for the record, I'm not anti showboating or swagger. I love nothing more than a batter smoking a home run and showing some flair coming out of the box. EDLC smashing a 450 foot homer with an exit velocity approaching the speed of sound deserves some flair. Everything has to have limits, however. I assume the no blazing guns might be an offshoot of penalizing players for throat slashing gestures? As others have mentioned it is a violent game by nature, but if there are guidelines players can be pointed to, then the need to abide by them.

I might have missed it, but I only saw the video of the one against the Chargers. It looked like he was gesturing towards the Chargers QB, which I can see as being worse. We'd need to know why the NFL accepted the appeal on the first violation, and what he was told.
And, for the record, I'm not anti showboating or swagger. I love nothing more than a batter smoking a home run and showing some flair coming out of the box. EDLC smashing a 450 foot homer with an exit velocity approaching the speed of sound deserves some flair. Everything has to have limits, however. I assume the no blazing guns might be an offshoot of penalizing players for throat slashing gestures? As others have mentioned it is a violent game by nature, but if there are guidelines players can be pointed to, then the need to abide by them.
The way I see it, this really all hinges on what the NFL told him at their previous meeting. I agree that if the NFL told him they’ll let it slide that one time but not in the future then he deserves a fine. If Jewell’s version of the meeting is correct and they told him that they’re okay with it based on his explanation of why he does it, then there is no basis for a fine.

None of us who weren’t in that meeting really knows what was said or what was agreed to. So I calculate only one way to resolve this - boobies and guns.

th

th

th

th

The way I see it, this really all hinges on what the NFL told him at their previous meeting. I agree that if the NFL told him they’ll let it slide that one time but not in the future then he deserves a fine. If Jewell’s version of the meeting is correct and they told him that they’re okay with it based on his explanation of why he does it, then there is no basis for a fine.

None of us who weren’t in that meeting really knows what was said or what was agreed to. So I calculate only one way to resolve this - boobies and guns.

th

th

th

th
bae titty gun GIF

America Gun GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT