ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Dix needs 32+ minutes a game

Full text of the tweet:

Fran McCaffery on Josh Dix:

"He was very heavily recruited, as I've said before. But I was surprised he wasn't even more heavily recruited based on his consistency of production. He's a shot-maker, he's a play-maker, he defends, he rebounds, he has a great frame, he's got a competitive mindset. I mean, everything you look for in the recruiting process. For us, it was a pretty easy decision to make him a priority."

Reactions: IAmTheLaw151
Thinking of that horrific leg injury he recovered from....

GHtOe_BXsAA5nkk

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
In Iowa's 87-80 win today at Northwestern:

Josh shot 69% today. Nice.

Josh's stats:

37 minutes (of 40 possible)

4-5 (80%) from 3
5-8 (63%) from 2
9-13 (69%) overall

2-2 (100%) FTs

24 Points
3 Assists
2 Rebounds

Just ONE turnover
As soon as Dix went out in the first half, Bouie hit two quick 3s. That wasn't a coincidence. His impact on both ends has been huge.

Yeah, he kind of blew his first opportunity to start at ISU, but since then his game has been very steady and sometimes spectacular. Best thing is he’s solid on defense and rebounding. He played aggressively tonight and it paid off.
He is not a point guard. Fran should have known that.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
It was not a coincidence, Perkins went underneath two screens in a row on those 3s.
I am not going to complain about Tony, who is wearing several hats on the floor now. He is the primary PG, and dealt 14 assists. He does battle on the boards, since some of our taller players are not good or willing rebounders. He also often takes it upon himself to get a basket when it is badly needed. He is a pretty good defender, but Dix is consistently better, and seldom takes plays off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT