ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Dix needs 32+ minutes a game

I am not going to complain about Tony, who is wearing several hats on the floor now. He is the primary PG, and dealt 14 assists. He does battle on the boards, since some of our taller players are not good or willing rebounders. He also often takes it upon himself to get a basket when it is badly needed. He is a pretty good defender, but Dix is consistently better, and seldom takes plays off.
I wasn't complaining, just pointing out what happened.

I wasn't complaining, just pointing out what happened.
I think Tony is exerting a lot of energy on the court, being forced to play PG/power forward to fill the voids left by other players. He has been a warrior when we needed him to be.

Dix is focused on guarding the biggest perimeter threat for the other team, and more recently has been given the green light to go get baskets. His ability to create pull up jumpers and consistently hit them has been impressive. Josh is developing a confidence and a little attitude, which is making him more and more like my memories of Bobby Hansen. I especially loved it when he took Shannon to the hole in the Illannoy game. No one does that to Shannon, and he was never really able to retaliate.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Hell, he may make 3rd team this year. Or at least HM, I would think.
If you were voting based on the past month, Josh would be all-B1G, but since he got limited minutes until Patrick got hurt, I would guess HM. Should get a lot of votes for most improved. He also should get some votes for all-defensive team. Josh has one of the most complete games of any perimeter player in the league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT