ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Ogundele likely gone

I can see Josh being a contributor at a lower level. Maybe something like the MAAC or a DII school.

Would love another Gabe O type player. Lean, can run, athletic and a rim protector. Don't have to be 15 and 10 to be a huge impact difference.

Reactions: hawkhorn
Would love another Gabe O type player. Lean, can run, athletic and a rim protector. Don't have to be 15 and 10 to be a huge impact difference.

Yeah, Olesani was not high level recruit...he ended up being the most athletic Big Fran has ever gotten. In NCAA tourney for teams that advance to sweet16, guys like Olesani are the average bench guy on these rosters like Memphis, Arkansas, Houston.

Yeah, Olesani was not high level recruit...he ended up being the most athletic Big Fran has ever gotten. In NCAA tourney for teams that advance to sweet16, guys like Olesani are the average bench guy on these rosters like Memphis, Arkansas, Houston.
Gabe was the 6th man of the year his senior year at Iowa. Only started one game in his career at Iowa so he was a bench player here, too.

Thought he had a soft hands and quick feet. I was holding out hope he'd have a great offseason of conditioning because I think there is something there. That's too bad

Agreed. If he worked on his body I think he could be a really good post. Very agile and really good feat for his size.

Reactions: Bro D
Thought he had a soft hands and quick feet. I was holding out hope he'd have a great offseason of conditioning because I think there is something there. That's too bad.
His commitment measurements listed him at 245lbs and 6-11 but he's at least 2 inches shorter then Riley, by the end of the season he had to be over 300lbs easily. For someone that overweight, he needs more then just a diet and because of his weight he couldn't jump more then an inch or two off the floor plus he lacked lateral quickness. He got discouraged quickly when it didn't go well for him and I'm not sold on his overall basketball skills, but I will say he did run well for such a big man.
If you doubt my assessment just watch the extended minutes he put in during the Northwestern game in Indianapolis, after practicing with Iowa for over 2 years I expected more from him then what he showed me that night.
If he does leave I wish him well, but I have my doubts that Fran will be able to recruit a player from the portal that will provide what Iowa really needs and that's a reliable guard that can play tough defense, get to the rim and hit a reasonable percentage of shots. They're out there, just look at the kid Plummer that Illinois's Underwood plucked from there last year.

Last edited:
he-is-back-sonic2-he-is-back.gif
Nope, He Gone!🤪

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT