ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Ogundele

hawkeyeguy69

HR All-American
Oct 1, 2001
Are we still in on this big fella? He is a beast! The last UK player worked out well. I'd take another!

Last edited:
Reactions: amahawk
Are we still in on this big fella? The last UK player worked out well. I'd take another!
I asked the Magic 8 ball this morning, this is what it told me:

BloUUc5IQAAH2y2.jpg

Nice! I missed that. But you are probably correct, he didn't want to go if Iowa already had another 4-star player potentially ahead of him...

All 3 sites have him as 100% Iowa. Maybe he was waiting on the Foster decision? Hope he makes a decision this week.

I posted this in Blair’s Murray Commitment thread on October 21st and continue to stand by it:

“The one position that I’d like to see Fran grab a player who can contribute sooner rather than later is at the 5, with Kriener on the way out and Garza next year. For this reason, I’d really like to see them sign Ogundele to fill out the class. He’s got the body to be a contributor relatively early on in his career.

Foster would be nice, but hopefully he’s willing to fill a role on the team and not be the ‘go to guy’ right away. If he wants to try to get drafted within his first two years, then he can go somewhere else as far as I’m concerned”

Didn’t all the sites have Foster to Iowa as well?

Lol yep. I know I am going to come across as a major cynic, but I don't think he will pick Iowa either. Cincy, Rhode Island and Rutgers all in on him per Rivals and I don't know where Iowa City ranks among his options. If Fran misses on him, it could be time to start the Cougill 2.0 watch.

Lol yep. I know I am going to come across as a major cynic, but I don't think he will pick Iowa either. Cincy, Rhode Island and Rutgers all in on him per Rivals and I don't know where Iowa City ranks among his options. If Fran misses on him, it could be time to start the Cougill 2.0 watch.
I would feel SO much better about this class if we got Ogundele. Maybe it’s just the fact that I’be grown accustomed to the hawks missing on guys recently, but sadly I’m with you and don’t think we get him either

If Fran missed on all three of Sibley, Foster, and Ogundele, that would admittedly be a pretty big choke job. Still feeling pretty good about Josh though

We've got Garza Pemsl + Nunge next year and Nunge the year after that. It's reasonable that Xavier saw a logjam at the 5 for 2020, and competition in 2021, at Iowa, vs NOTHING (other than George Conditt IV) at ISU thus immediate star minutes next year. Kid wants to be 1-and-done. We missed on nothing. Ogundele is a fall-back - a bit of a project, but what big man (other than Garza) isn't? He's a wide load, that's for sure. He looks like a typical Rutgers big, I bet he goes there or Cincy.

He looks like he had grown quite a bit from early HS to now. Looks like he has some skill and a decent shot (needs to change his release point). Does not look overly athletic but how many 6'11 guys do?

We've got Garza Pemsl + Nunge next year and Nunge the year after that. It's reasonable that Xavier saw a logjam at the 5 for 2020, and competition in 2021, at Iowa, vs NOTHING (other than George Conditt IV) at ISU thus immediate star minutes next year. Kid wants to be 1-and-done. We missed on nothing. Ogundele is a fall-back - a bit of a project, but what big man (other than Garza) isn't? He's a wide load, that's for sure. He looks like a typical Rutgers big, I bet he goes there or Cincy.

Foster may want to be a one and done but he’s not even close to that level of a player.

Big O would be a nice addition at a position of need in the future, especially after next year. Not a highly rated class, but you aren't sure what you have until they come in, develop, and get on the court.

Again, Foster will not be a 1 and done player, unless he wants to play overseas. If he was afraid of competition, which seems unlikely, then he might never play in the NBA.

I think there is a distinct possibility Nunge moves on after this season if he doesn't make some major strides. Fran will give him ample opportunities, but Nunge can't be the invisible 6'11 guy and think he is going to get significant minutes. I said from day one I think he is a mid-major player and I hold to that until proven otherwise. On a stacked team where all you need him to do is shoot 3's OK. If you are going to rely on the guy to be a key building block for the future he needs to show something this year IMO.

Unrelated topic here, but check out the Iowa Wolves G League roster. Canyon Berry and Jordan Murphy to name a couple. Dislike all things Gopher-related, but Murphy was a hell of a player.

Reactions: NI hawk
Welcome Josh! Seems like a really good addition, who gives us some needed size after next year and should keep getting better. If Nunge can get it together and Pemsl stays for his fifth year, would it make sense to consider redshirting Big O?

Possibly but it's still nice to have 4 posts. I'm not convinced with Till as a 4th option.

Even if Ogundele is a 10 mpg rotational big, that will help.

Reactions: kceasthawk
we have garza at the 5 and that is it .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT