ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Dix

Chicagoherky71

Team MVP
Nov 20, 2007
I knew he was going to be a stud with the few minutes he got last year. I love his game, especially that mid-range jump shot. We need to set more of those plays for him. I was trying to think of another Iowa player he reminds me of and Mr. Jake Kelley comes to mind. I really liked his game too. Was super disappointed when he had to transfer.

I knew he was going to be a stud with the few minutes he got last year. I love his game, especially that mid-range jump shot. We need to set more of those plays for him. I was trying to think of another Iowa player he reminds me of and Mr. Jake Kelley comes to mind. I really liked his game too. Was super disappointed when he had to transfer.
Pretty good comp....I also admired Jake's game.
Josh really showed a lot vs Illini.
Very smart, playing within himself.
Illini had good perimeter defenders on him and Josh found a way to burn them. That last euro-step move was impressive.
PSU has another slew of quick athletes who will pay more attention to Josh now.

No doubt Josh is in a good groove and can be a double digit scorer going forward.

Assuming Dix, Sandy and Owen all come back, that's a good core of guys that can really play. High effort and playmakers.

Even if Perk comes back, that's still only 4 guys that you can pretty much count on.

They are gonna need some help or next year will look just like this one.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Assuming Dix, Sandy and Owen all come back, that's a good core of guys that can really play. High effort and playmakers.

Even if Perk comes back, that's still only 4 guys that you can pretty much count on.

The 4 guys listed would be really good if Brock turned a corner and started hitting jump shots. A solid 5 guys.

Brock's defense and passing are really good. If he can drive and dish to those shooters, along with his uncanny connection with Freeman, we've got a great core.

Reactions: HIWILLE

I’d disagree. I think Harding, Dembele and even Pryce have shown a lot of promise. With the incoming freshmen, if Perkins returns we are a top 20 team that will compete for the Big title.

That's the second time I've seen "if Sandfort comes back" - I've seen zilch on any speculation he's got any near term pro prospects
The latest NBA mock draft from The Athletic has him at #45

FWIW, I don’t think he’d leave for second round pro prospects but his name is out there. He’s got the size and shooting stroke. Not to mention rebounding ability.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
The latest NBA mock draft from The Athletic has him at #45

FWIW, I don’t think he’d leave for second round pro prospects but his name is out there. He’s got the size and shooting stroke. Not to mention rebounding ability.
He would be selling himself short if he left after this year.
Most likely end up G-league material same as Weezy.
Not sure of his family's financial situation, but I think he can improve his draft $tock with another year wearing Gold&Black.
Plus, another year playing with his brother.

Matt Gatens was great when he got hot from 3 pt line and defenders would rush at him he would blow by and dribble to the elbow to hit 15 footers. That is a dangerous combination and he was very good at it.

Reactions: Buffalo43
I’d disagree. I think Harding, Dembele and even Pryce have shown a lot of promise. With the incoming freshmen, if Perkins returns we are a top 20 team that will compete for the Big title.
I like the optimism. I think Harding is really gonna be good, and I hope Dembele and Pryce develop into guys that you can depend on for minutes and plays.

Maybe Mulvey will surprise.

Good core of three guys there for sure. Getting perk back would probably be out top recruiting move for next year

sign me up

So you are on record saying if Perkins returns we will compete for B1G title next year? I would define competing for a B1G title as not being mathematically eliminated until the couple games and finishing within 1 or 2 games of the eventual winner.

I think it requires finishing alone in 2nd or tied for 2nd or winning. The best Fran team with Garza finished 3rd and I think they got mathematicalyy eliminated from B1G title contention with 2-3 games left and even before that, the last 4-5 games they had extremely low probability of being able to catch the two teams ahead of them.

If Fran "competes" for a B1G title under that scenario, then yeah, go ahead and extend his contract.

sign me up

So you are on record saying if Perkins returns we will compete for B1G title next year? I would define competing for a B1G title as not being mathematically eliminated until the couple games and finishing within 1 or 2 games of the eventual winner.

I think it requires finishing alone in 2nd or tied for 2nd or winning. The best Fran team with Garza finished 3rd and I think they got mathematicalyy eliminated from B1G title contention with 2-3 games left and even before that, the last 4-5 games they had extremely low probability of being able to catch the two teams ahead of them.

If Fran "competes" for a B1G title under that scenario, then yeah, go ahead and extend his contract.
Yes. But I'd define competing for a Big title as finishing 3rd or better.

Reactions: perryhawk
I like the optimism. I think Harding is really gonna be good, and I hope Dembele and Pryce develop into guys that you can depend on for minutes and plays.

Maybe Mulvey will surprise.
I think all things said there will happen.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
It's really hard for me to give much thought to placement in the B1G next year.

First, I don't know anything about the newcomers from the West. Second, the way teams lose and add talent makes me dizzy. But I would expect MSU. PU and Illinois to be very good. Neb, Minny and PSU are coming on. A new coach at OSU and maybe Indiana - who knows? Wisky always seems to be good. I doubt Michigan will stay at the bottom.

I would be surprised if Perkins returns for another year. Dix has the potential to be a really valuable player, but he's got to be more assertive. He needs to reach double digits in scoring every game, not just once in awhile.

Reactions: kzoohawk80
Dix is second coming of Glenn "Stick" Vindovic.
You must be young!!! I was there for the Stick. He was 6'6 and weighed in at a whopping 150 lb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There was sort of a joke, that he would get to the basket by simply turning sideways and slip thru a crack. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: HIWILLE
I think they would be a very good team - but in competition for the Big Ten title might be pushing it a bit. I'll give you top third.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT