ADVERTISEMENT

Judge Aileen Cannon: What will she think of next?

No way. Inexperience alone…. and her judicial record cannot rescue her, it will bury her.

Sure a few MAGA nuts would push for her (Tuberville e.g.) but the more moderate GOP senators would shoot it down.
Assuming Trump doesn't win in 2024, and decide to run again in 2028 somehow, which GOP senator is going to stand up and oppose her nomination? A whole bunch of them are going to be running for POTUS in 2028, and none of them will risk the wrath of the cult leader.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Assuming Trump doesn't win in 2024, and decide to run again in 2028 somehow, which GOP senator is going to stand up and oppose her nomination? A whole bunch of them are going to be running for POTUS in 2028, and none of them will risk the wrath of the cult leader.
Cassidy, Collins, Murkowski, Rounds … to name a few moderates. I think even Huckleberry Lindsey Graham - a hound dog for superior qualification standards for SCOTUS nominees - would object. I could be wrong. The ABA would likely strongly oppose Cannon for even an appellate court appointment.

It is nearly impossible to believe that the GOP would nominate Trump a third time in 2028.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Cassidy, Collins, Murkowski, Rounds … to name a few moderates. I think even Huckleberry Lindsey Graham - a hound dog for superior qualification standards for SCOTUS nominees - would object. I could be wrong. The ABA would likely strongly oppose Cannon for even an appellate court appointment.

It is nearly impossible to believe that the GOP would nominate Trump a third time in 2028.
People are bastard coated bastards with a bastard filling. All of them will need Trump in 26 or 28. The ABA is full of Soros Libs. Who cares what they think. To the GQP a non qualified rating is a badge of honor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT