ADVERTISEMENT

Justice Alito's home flew flag upside down after Trump's 'Stop the Steal' claims, report says

I see no need to “defend” anything - but I’m not a MAGA.
The almost four year old incident is something between Mrs. Alito and a next door neighbor who put up signs using vulgar language and pointed it at their house. She (ill advisedly IMO) finally got fed up and flew the flag in that way and Justice Alito has repeatedly said he had no part in it or knew of it.
She is NOT a SCJ and she has every right to her personal opinions. It’s been said she regrets allowing her tacky neighbor to goad her into her actions.
Ah, here comes the permission structure.
It isn’t her house. It’s the house of a member of the Supreme Court that she lives at. Nobody except brand loyal Republicans would draw a distinction that a flag at his house didn’t reflect upon him. Just like with Clarence and Ginny, spouses generally align. People are being too gracious in buying the story that he wasn’t behind it. You certainly would t be so gracious of a BLM flag at KBJ’s house.
Side note, the upside down flag isn’t some mild protest. It’s a loud statement. One a SCOTUS member should not be making.

The almost four year old incident is something between Mrs. Alito and a next door neighbor who put up signs using vulgar language and pointed it at their house. She (ill advisedly IMO) finally got fed up and flew the flag in that way and Justice Alito has repeatedly said he had no part in it or knew of it.
She is NOT a SCJ and she has every right to her personal opinions. It’s been said she regrets allowing her tacky neighbor to goad her into her actions.
If you see no need to "defend" it, why did you?

Save yourself the trouble. They must adhere to the party line at all times.
Well, well, well...pot, meet kettle.

It isn’t her house. It’s the house of a member of the Supreme Court that she lives at. Nobody except brand loyal Republicans would draw a distinction that a flag at his house didn’t reflect upon him. Just like with Clarence and Ginny, spouses generally align. People are being too gracious in buying the story that he wasn’t behind it. You certainly would t be so gracious of a BLM flag at KBJ’s house.
Side note, the upside down flag isn’t some mild protest. It’s a loud statement. One a SCOTUS member should not be making.
I never knew you were such a misogynist. Poor little Ole lady can't have a house. Only husband's can own houses that wives are allowed to live in?

Reactions: NorthernHawkeye
I never knew you were such a misogynist. Poor little Ole lady can't have a house. Only husband's can own houses that wives are allowed to live in?
Mrs. Alito isn’t a SCJ. And please re-read my post.
I basically said that I think she should have been more aware of the overall issue and the ramifications attached to it for the long term.

My my my. The Pretzel Gang is twisted all to hell today. 😂

Thick as a brick.

The almost four year old incident is something between Mrs. Alito and a next door neighbor who put up signs using vulgar language and pointed it at their house. She (ill advisedly IMO) finally got fed up and flew the flag in that way

And you believe this nonsense?

After their excuse for the "sign" was a school bus stop, when school wasn't even in attendance at the time.

#MAGAsAreNaive

His "wife" didn't do it.
You seem awfully naive on this point.
😂 why the quotation marks around wife? Are you inferring he took the trouble of doing it or are you saying - like the other sexist troglodytes - that his wife couldn’t have done it without his blessing?

I'm very confused by some of the rationalizations in this thread. Once again - at the VERY LEAST, this represents absolutely terrible optics just days before a new president is sworn into office...by a colleague of the man who swung our flag upside down. at worst - you have a SUPREME COURT judge who sympathized with a political movement that ultimately stormed the Capitol, attempted to overturn the results of the election, and threatened the lives of the VP and members of Congress.

This not really, on any level, something that could be considered okay. IF by chance, his wife actually was the person who hung the flag at his house upside down, he should have fixed that immediately. He did not.

The post by Art was outstanding and spot on. Here it is again, with my response. Do you agree?

That post should be award winning. Kudos, Sir.
I’d only applaud you for admitting that impartiality in DC has always been a facade.

Mrs. Alito isn’t a SCJ. And please re-read my post.
I basically said that I think she should have been more aware of the overall issue and the ramifications attached to it for the long term.

My my my. The Pretzel Gang is twisted all to hell today. 😂
This still doesn't make sense. So we're to believe that she was so gravely offended by her neighbors that her idea on how to get back at them was to <checks notes> hang the flag upside down? Make this make sense to me.

Let’s say the feud with neighbor part is true, Who gets into a spat with their neighbor and decides “ I will show them, I will fly my flag upside down”
Does that truly make sense to you? Also I know nothing about the Alito’s neighborhood but perhaps the Alito’s may be the “tacky” neighbors.

Also, who hangs their flag upside down in support of a coup that killed 5 cops, but only for a few hours? Like did she only support the coup from the hours of 10-2 then say, "I think I've made my point." How dumb does Alito think we are?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT