ADVERTISEMENT

Justified police shooting or not?

Completely justified. I love how the video was doctored and said “no gun visible in the car”, yet Johnson even stated numerous times that it was in the jacket. It’s obviously an impartial video at that moment. Why did the video stop right after the shots? Did the assailant gain access to his gun?

Yes, the shooting appears justified. He dove towards a weapon and accelerated the car with the officer in it.

I have questions about why the car wasn’t off and why the discussion about weapon storage didn’t occur behind the car, but that doesn’t change what happened during the physical altercation.

This is why police should wear bodycams.

Last edited:
Yes, the shooting appears justified. He dove towards a weapon and accelerated the car with the officer in it.

I have questions about why the car wasn’t off and why the discussion about weapon storage didn’t occur behind the car, but that doesn’t change what happened during the physical altercation.

I was thinking the same one of the first things the officer should have done was asked him to turn the vehicle off when he asked him to step out of the car. And exactly why all police should wear body cams

The shooting appears justified. He told police that the gun was in his jacket and it's reasonable to think that the shove and the dive into the car was to get the gun. Then factor in the fact that the car was still running and engaged into gear, plenty of risk of harm.

Big picture, I have a lot of questions on this one. Initial stop was for seatbelt violation - is that common down in Florida? So much ensued for such a minor violation. NOTE: I'm not saying they shouldn't have pulled him over, I'm just wondering what's normal down there. Most of the places I've lived, even if police can pull you over for not wearing a seatbelt, it's exceedingly rare and normally just an add-on to any other traffic stop.

The vehicle was off. He started it when he dove back in. You hear the engine turn over

The vehicle was off. He started it when he dove back in. You hear the engine turn over
And he was, given the evidence, dealing and didn't want to get caught. I'd guess he was asking to walk back to the police car in an attempt to get some distance from the officer so he could bolt back to his own car and try to make a run. Appears to be a justified shooting.

Most people here from both sides of the political leanings voted this as a justified shooting.

So why is the NFL choosing this specific incident as an example of police violence?

Big picture, I have a lot of questions on this one. Initial stop was for seatbelt violation ... So much ensued for such a minor violation.

Evidence that a traffic stop for an innocuous traffic violation can often turn out be something much more serious. In this case possession for sales, possession of a firearm while in possession for sales, and the driver willing to be violent.

It was good police work. Glad the cops were safe.

The shooting appears justified. He told police that the gun was in his jacket and it's reasonable to think that the shove and the dive into the car was to get the gun. Then factor in the fact that the car was still running and engaged into gear, plenty of risk of harm.

Big picture, I have a lot of questions on this one. Initial stop was for seatbelt violation - is that common down in Florida? So much ensued for such a minor violation. NOTE: I'm not saying they shouldn't have pulled him over, I'm just wondering what's normal down there. Most of the places I've lived, even if police can pull you over for not wearing a seatbelt, it's exceedingly rare and normally just an add-on to any other traffic stop.
Happens all the time in Iowa. They’re trained to look for it.

Most people here from both sides of the political leanings voted this as a justified shooting.

So why is the NFL choosing this specific incident as an example of police violence?

Again, this completely supports the laziness, ignorance, and lack of seriousness of the issue when people are simply looking for a black person killed by police and calling it systemic racism instead of taking the time to look at the details of it. The NFL and players should be completely embarrassed!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT