ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Kadyn Proctor expected to transfer back to Alabama

I don't buy the idea that he was all in on Iowa but left because of the direction of the offense or lack thereof. Even under BF, Iowa had no problem getting guys into the NFL. Just look at Wirfs. If you are good you are good and being since college is just a stepping stone for the NFL guys it really doesn't matter where you play.

For me, I don't even care. I care about Iowa sports of course but honestly I just care about those that are here because they want to be here. Like tonight, this rendition of Iowa basketball is not my favorite, however, these guys are out here playing their guts out in an NIT game. I can get behind that. What I can't get behind is entitlement and bad attitudes. Its why I follow Hock in the NFL but I am really lukewarm on Fant, all because he sat out the bowl game. Whatever, good for you, but I choose to endear myself to those that give a damn.

These are my thoughts as well.

Kirk is stubborn, arrogant, and refuses to evolve. No meaningful changes to the offense were ever going to occur. The only change Kirk had planned to make in the offseason was getting rid of Copeland so his buddy Budster could slide into a role he has no business being in. The Lester hire was a further indicator that Kirk was only going to hire someone willing to cave into all his demands and keep the offense BAU.

So, yeah, I had thoughts a while ago wondering if Proctor was regretting coming to Iowa. Maybe his plan all along was to game the system and milk as much NIL as he could. Who knows? But it’s also possible he was sincere about coming home but became disillusioned over time about Kirk making meaningful changes to the offense and coaching staff. Maybe he came to believe Barnett is incompetent compared to the OL coach he had at Alabama. Again, who knows?
Kid wants $$$$$ for nothing and doesn't want to go to class. One lazy POS human being.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$….., get used to it. Living in kc, KU basketball gave a mid college center $2M. The going rate for a sophomore top tier left tackle in football starts well above that. Sad to see it come to this but it’s nothing but $ at this point. Gonna need more than beer profits to compete. Just cheer for the jersey and understand it’s pro football at this point.

So now the move is for dbags like this to go to one school to collect NIL and then go off to the deep pockets school 2 months later. Collecting money for two different team.

What a complete POS.

Honestly, this is an interesting dynamic. If big enough Swarm contributors decide to stop donating until shit changes in both the football and men’s basketball programs, it might force the AD’s hand. Kirk is practically a dinosaur now and apathy toward men’s basketball is on its way to Lickliter levels.

I don’t know what type of hire it would take to get enough people who matter excited enough to make meaningful contributions to Swarm, but I do know the answer is not Kirk or Fran.
I doubt it will just be Iowa. I think it was all so new when NIL became allowed, but, players like KP are going to ruin it for most fan bases. You watch, KP is going to be a poster child for this and what he has done will resonate loudly across all of college sports. I think most people are going to look at shit like this and ask themselves why are they donating money to an entitled college kid that doesn't give a f*** about what you care about.

He’ll regret this someday. Probably not tomorrow or even 5 years from now, but someday he’ll look back on this and regret it. Not that he chose to play at Alabama over his hometown Hawkeyes, but the way that he did it, and the fact he did it TWICE to Iowa. No amount of money can replace character or class… two things this kid lacks.

NFL free agency isn’t close to this crazy. I might as well just stick with the NFL. At least there are actual contracts and rules and shit.

FTR, if Proctor got more money from Alabama to come back, I really don’t blame Proctor. He really played Kirk, though, with this whole idea of being homesick. If the reason he is leaving is because he is unimpressed with the Lester hire and realizes Kirk isn’t changing and the offense is going to continue to suck, I don’t blame him either.

Either way, this might be the last straw for Kirk that compels him to retire early. I’m not sure I even care anymore about college football. Iowa is going to get left behind like so many other schools. Even if Kirk were to step down and a young coach who embraces NIL and the current culture of college football steps in, I don’t see the Swarm collective as being sustainable. It’s just not going to work.
Agree with so much of this. The NFL has all sorts of guardrails in place because, you know, it’s a professional league. CFB is just an untamed shitshow likely to get much worse. The NCAA is completely useless.

When I really got serious about sports betting back in 2019, it really shifted my perspective as a fan. My loyalty is to my bankroll. But seeing the direction big-time CFB is headed, I don’t want Iowa to swim in those waters. Just split the top 24 off, I’m good being in Tier 2 with other like-minded programs.

I doubt it will just be Iowa. I think it was all so new when NIL became allowed, but, players like KP are going to ruin it for most fan bases. You watch, KP is going to be a poster child for this and what he has done will resonate loudly across all of college sports. I think most people are going to look at shit like this and ask themselves why are they donating money to an entitled college kid that doesn't give a f*** about what you care about.
I also think about the Noah Shannon situation. His “crime” is worse than the Proctor yo-yo between NIL deals?

The NCAA has been a joke for a long time but now it’s embarrassingly laughable how worthless the organization is. Again, I honestly don’t blame Proctor. But I do blame the NCAA for what they did to kids like Noah Shannon.

For the first time since I can remember, I am really not interested in the next college football season. And a lot of it is because of the NCAA and how much their incompetence and selective enforcement of certain “rules” have completely ruined collegiate athletics. Add in Kirk Ferentz’s refusal to evolve or step down and I just would rather run errands and do chores on Saturdays and designate Sundays as my football watching day.

OMG Kirk‘s press conference…

“Took a lions share of our NIL”…really? 🤨

And the part about not taking our playbook was really rich…Thank God!!…run three predictable, unimaginative, unproductive plays…then punt. Good thing that didn’t fall into the wrong hands. 😂

FFS…will this anemic AD ever get fed up with being completely embarrassed on the national stage?

I guess you haven't heard of deep fakes. This was a pretty good one.

Two thoughts: 1) it takes a special kind of person to take the money and run, and 2) if the agreement provided for 100% payment when the kid first puts his foot on campus, a new lawyer is needed.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Can Brad sue this kid?

What are the universities options regarding his scholarship?

So now the move is for dbags like this to go to one school to collect NIL and then go off to the deep pockets school 2 months later. Collecting money for two different team.

What a complete POS.
The difference in Iowa nil and programs like Alabama is Yankees and Rays. Unfortunately with the latter you can develop your players for a period of time with rules.

Not second guessing, but if SWARM is run like any well ran organization, there's a stipulation to prevent him from getting $$$ under these circumstances.

And if there wasn't, that's a massive mistake by the guy running the Collective.

He’ll regret this someday. Probably not tomorrow or even 5 years from now, but someday he’ll look back on this and regret it. Not that he chose to play at Alabama over his hometown Hawkeyes, but the way that he did it, and the fact he did it TWICE to Iowa. No amount of money can replace character or class… two things this kid lacks.
Eh, people like that don't give two shits about what others think

You know him personally?
I didn’t know Ted Bundy, but I’m guessing by his behavior he was a POS

Proctor’s actions are those of a misguided young man who is acting like a jerk. You don’t make a commitment to someone, take their money, and leave for another school

POS may be a bit strong. But not by much

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
We are all vastly under estimating the nil of the top programs vs Iowa. The cost of a swarm payback is change for the truly elite $ programs. Look at what TA&M just did to f’off huskers for their AD.

Reactions: RIGHTWINGHAWK
While the sports world at large (having a collective IQ of 12) believes this is a critique of Iowa, this isn't a coaching, staff, scheme, or offensive potential issue. Dude used us, plain and simple. This is bonafide proof that players can't be trusted, and hopefully it can be used as an example in the future to control and regulate the NIL. Proctor has no integrity.

I'd rather have a Joe Evans or a Jay Higgins any day.

OMG Kirk‘s press conference…

“Took a lions share of our NIL”…really? 🤨

And the part about not taking our playbook was really rich…Thank God!!…run three predictable, unimaginative, unproductive plays…then punt. Good thing that didn’t fall into the wrong hands. 😂

FFS…will this anemic AD ever get fed up with being completely embarrassed on the national stage?

Ummm....pretty sure that is an AI fake.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Seems to me like:
He wants to play for Iowa,
He is trusting someone’s guidance more than his own instincts, not surprising for someone his age, and
His life must be chaotic and who would want that, or want that for him?

• Haha
Reactions: ddeanHawk
All this transfer here and there and all the nil crap that's just starting to destroy college student athletics I believe I just watched my last of any collegiate sports I just needed a lil nudge. Stopped watching pros years ago but I think I can stop wasting my time and spend the majority with more important things like family.

Exactly. This shit is not important. I know the dudes who guzzle cheap beer and wear iowa shirts everyday are gonna have a hard time understanding that.

Seems to me like:
He is trusting someone’s guidance more than his own instincts, not surprising for someone his age, and
Maybe he wanted out of spring football.

Seems to me like:
His mom is a big reason. She’s chasing that money.

Seems to me like:
Maybe but if he didn’t learn from the first go around it’s on him at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT