ADVERTISEMENT

Kaleb Johnson on pace for 2,130 yds & 29 TDs. Shonn Greene, in 2008, was 6th in the Heisman Vote (1,850 yds & 20 TDs)

Curious if there is a picture out there of Shonn and Kaleb with each other a few weeks back in Iowa City. KJ is a large man, i would think he dwarfs SG!!
the easy comp is Derrick Henry---

Reactions: Franisdaman
Shonn Greene in 2008 was 6th in the Heisman vote.

His stats from 2008:

13 games
307 rushes
1,850 yards (142.3 yds/game)
6.0 yds/carry
20 Touchdowns

I'm not really a big NFL fan ... so my primary reference frame is remembering AP from his Oklahoma days. He wasn't quite as physical back then ... largely because the B12 wasn't a very physical league.
AP dialed it back after he broke his collar bone (none contact showboating), before that he was bruiser.

Damn nice video...gill doing work blocking on edge! Washington jr had a huge block on a td run too

Lester seems to be taking what he's got talent-wise and utilizing it to the full capacity.

The offense simply looks better coached, starting with the OL and everyone else assigned to block.

Check this out:

Rushing yards vs Minnesota:

.......11: 2023, under OC Brian Ferentz
272: 2024, under OC Tim Lester

Reactions: SI_NYC
Kaleb Johnson is a more dangerous RB than Shonn Greene. He's a more fluid athlete, much better break away speed, doesn't run quite as hard as Greene, but he runs plenty hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT