ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl games for Monday, January 1....

ESPN app’s headline that just came across my phone for this game: “Texas Nearly Completes Improbable Comeback Over Washington”. Hahahahaha!!!! Phuqyou, you absolute shitshow travesty of a “sports” network.
They seriously, not being hyperbolic, are the equivalent of Fox News or Russia as far a propaganda goes.

This is incredible they did not kneel. Equally ridiculous the rule on clock stoppage for injured player when you don’t want clock to start. WTF was that?

I will admit that I did not know the rule that the clock would not restart once the ball is set. I am also truly shocked that the rule is written like that. It literally provides incentive to the team that is behind yo intentionally try to injure an opponent to get the clock stopped.

Reactions: noleclone2
After Alabama’s heartbreaking 27-20 overtime loss to Michigan in the College Football Playoff semifinals on Monday, Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban had no interest in watching the other semifinal matchup featuring Washington versus Texas in the Sugar Bowl.

No, Saban instead needed something to stream, as explained by his wife, Terry, to USA Today.

“Do you want to watch the other football game?” Terry asked Saban after the Rose Bowl loss.

“Not really,” Saban replied.

Terry then said, “OK, let’s watch Netflix,” with the further description that the film the couple had been watching is “Turkish or something.”

Iowa got slapped around yesterday, but I hope the Liberty experiment is over. They had zero reason to be playing in a January 1 bowl game.

After Alabama’s heartbreaking 27-20 overtime loss to Michigan in the College Football Playoff semifinals on Monday, Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban had no interest in watching the other semifinal matchup featuring Washington versus Texas in the Sugar Bowl.

No, Saban instead needed something to stream, as explained by his wife, Terry, to USA Today.

“Do you want to watch the other football game?” Terry asked Saban after the Rose Bowl loss.

“Not really,” Saban replied.

Terry then said, “OK, let’s watch Netflix,” with the further description that the film the couple had been watching is “Turkish or something.”

See, Nick is like me. He knows ESPN is a farce and simply does what he has to for the paycheck.

I seem to remember a non-Power 5 shocking the world a few years back.
Who and when? I remember Appalachian State winning a big one a few years back. But, Liberty had no business on that field. They'd have been better off with Montana, South Dakota State or North Dakota State in that game.

Reactions: funksouljon
Who and when? I remember Appalachian State winning a big one a few years back. But, Liberty had no business on that field. They'd have been better off with Montana, South Dakota State or North Dakota State in that game.
Tulane last year. Boise State several years ago. UCF. Houston (ugh). There have been non-P5 teams win these games. That said, this year the non-P5 teams in contention were thin.

Prob Boise in 2007

Tulane last year. Boise State several years ago. UCF. Houston (ugh). There have been non-P5 teams win these games. That said, this year the non-P5 teams in contention were thin.
Boise State was actually quite good. Houston? Good at times. Liberty had no business being there yesterday.

Boise State was actually quite good. Houston? Good at times. Liberty had no business being there yesterday.
I get what you’re saying, but I’m talking about G-5 teams playing New Years 6 bowl games that have won in those games. And, yes, Houston. They beat Florida State in the Peach Bowl several years ago.

I think the problem with the bowl games going forward and a 12 team playoff are pretty severe when coupled with the fact college football is basically a professional sport. Guess what in the NFL or the NBA or the NHL or MLB there are the teams that make postseason And everyone else hits the golf course. Same thing is starting already to happen here in just four teams.

I think the problem with the bowl games going forward and a 12 team playoff are pretty severe when coupled with the fact college football is basically a professional sport. Guess what in the NFL or the NBA or the NHL or MLB there are the teams that make postseason And everyone else hits the golf course. Same thing is starting already to happen here in just four teams.

Only around half of the schools get bowl invites. Not following your logic.

My point is in the modern era of professional college football with NIL, transfer portal, and 12 teams in the playoffs, the other bowls are in a world of hurt because they are in the offseason looking for new homes or going NFL. Hearing talk of maybe pushing the other bowls as Spring exhibitions. The current model is falling apart.

My point is in the modern era of professional college football with NIL, transfer portal, and 12 teams in the playoffs, the other bowls are in a world of hurt because they are in the offseason looking for new homes or going NFL. Hearing talk of maybe pushing the other bowls as Spring exhibitions. The current model is falling apart.

The adults who are running the show need to make some hard decisions. The "wild west" of NIL was a terrible idea.

Reactions: funksouljon

And thats why there are too many and the ACC sent 11 teams. Anyone over .500 is eligible and that level of mediocrity shouldn't warrant a bowl invite. The most quality win was Clemson over KY. But the sad losses are very sad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT