ADVERTISEMENT

Kaleb Johnson Suspicious

I was crucified on this board for suggesting Keagan Johnson early in the "injury" that he was just sitting out to transfer. I'm going out on a limb to say the Kaleb Johnson is starting to become suspicious.
Ok. I'll play along. Tell us what it is about his injury absence that appears suspicious other than having Keagan Johnson stuck in your head.

So, what's the over/under on the number of guys who enter the portal after this season?

I was crucified on this board for suggesting Keagan Johnson early in the "injury" that he was just sitting out to transfer. I'm going out on a limb to say the Kaleb Johnson is starting to become suspicious.
Sure, he may want to transfer.

What possible good does it do to fake an injury and sit on the sidelines? He could simply leave the team and say he's planning to transfer. Or, a much smarter decision would be to play and show prospective suiters how good he is.

Add a TE (especially if Lachey returns) and at least one scholarship OL who hasn’t gotten a chance yet and is fed up with the coaching.
I don't know why a tight end would ever leave. It's quite literally the only skill position that Iowa has any success with in terms of production or placing them in the pros. No idea on the offensive line. Not sure how they feel about Barnett.

Back to the original thread. "Sources" seemed to indicate Kaleb's injury was more significant while Jaz's was more of a "tweak". But Jaz is still out this week. This feels like 2004 all over. Even milder ankle injuries will be 2-3 weeks.. high ankle sprains are usually the season.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
at least with the RB position, Kaleb will get ample opportunities to tote the rock. With the WR position, the opportunities are much more limited in terms of targets.

So I can understand Keegan or any WR looking for greener pastures but not so much for RBs.
You'll probably see a couple of RB's transfer out in search of a functional offense that people aren't poking fun at.

I mean, it’s football. It’s very weird to have a RB get injured and miss more than a couple snaps. It just doesn’t happen. Him having a high ankle sprain is not a plausible injury for a RB. It’s never happened.

Rumors in Central Iowa are that Kaleb is a transgender athlete. They’ll come out as being born a biological woman, then rush for 1,000 in the last game of the season, only to float into heaven after the game while Kim Reynolds shakes her fist at them during their ascension.

It’s pretty obvious to me that Lachey is faking it too.

I don't know why a tight end would ever leave. It's quite literally the only skill position that Iowa has any success with in terms of production or placing them in the pros. No idea on the offensive line. Not sure how they feel about Barnett.
We’re pretty deep at TE, so I could see maybe the #4 or #5 TE leaving for something like a MAC school just for more playing time. But I agree with your general point — TE’s at Iowa are the only skill position players who get targeted, generally speaking… for no good reason, but it is what it is — an idiotic offense.

Sure, he may want to transfer.

What possible good does it do to fake an injury and sit on the sidelines? He could simply leave the team and say he's planning to transfer. Or, a much smarter decision would be to play and show prospective suiters how good he is.
What good does it do? Might be able to sit there and continue to collect previously contracted NIL payments while nursing the injury whereas leaving the team or announcing a transfer would make the contact null and void.

People of low intelligence look to conspiracies and other wild fantasies to explain simple situations that they don't like.
Do not question, do not think outside the box...this is the way it is, period. If you dare consider otherwise YOU are the problem. The emperor's new clothes are beautiful...only a fool can't see that? Comply. Obey.

at least with the RB position, Kaleb will get ample opportunities to tote the rock. With the WR position, the opportunities are much more limited in terms of targets.

So I can understand Keegan or any WR looking for greener pastures but not so much for RBs.

Back to the original thread. "Sources" seemed to indicate Kaleb's injury was more significant while Jaz's was more of a "tweak". But Jaz is still out this week. This feels like 2004 all over. Even milder ankle injuries will be 2-3 weeks.. high ankle sprains are usually the season.
Except we lack the mobile QB who can buy time to throw.

Reactions: cleotishaywood
Dohhh!! There we go. Keagan Johnson from last year is all the evidence we all need to know that Kaleb Johnson is sandbagging his injury. They even have the same initials and last name for crying out loud!!! What more do you need???
Also, it's the way Ferentz gets when he talks about it.

• Haha
Reactions: Frosty7130
I feel for all the skill position players in this offense when all you can do is get three snaps at a time then walk off the field to punt the ball away. This offense is broken and it wouldn’t shock me to see KJ preserve this year as a red shirt and get the hell out of here like the other KJ did last year.

Reactions: Iron Doc
P.S. We saw Kaleb Sunday night. He is selling the injury well, walking around downtown IC in a heavily wrapped ankle. He is a great actor.

Reactions: chaneccooms

When you can't run the ball due to OL being a broken gate, one would think the RB's would look elsewhere.

P.S. We saw Kaleb Sunday night. He is selling the injury well, walking around downtown IC in a heavily wrapped ankle. He is a great actor.
Probably in support of his insurance claim. Was he wearing a neckbrace as well?

I guess you’d have to ask Elijah Yelverton.

No true idea on the OL, either, but unless you like being coached to look like a fool and be a constant punch-line 3 years running, I’d think someone with potential would strongly consider other opportunities…

I guess you’d have to ask Elijah Yelverton.

No true idea on the OL, either, but unless you like being coached to look like a fool and be a constant punch-line 3 years running, I’d think someone with potential would strongly consider other opportunities…
I don't have to ask Yelverton. Never saw the field at Iowa and was stuck behind Lachey, LaPorta and Ostrenga before retiring from football because of injuries. Came out of retirement to enroll at Colorado this year because the TE group was thin.Still hasn't seen the field. Probably never will.

Reactions: EasyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT