ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala's Grandmother

scotihawk

Scout Team
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2011
It is so nice to see the picture of Kamala and her paternal Grandmother in her autobiography....celebrating her African American (or Black) heritage....she would be the first Black female president of the United States....might want to do a little research on this one though.....

I couldn't imagine caring about what race someone is.
I completely agree....but would you care if someone publishes a picture of her Black Grandmother to validate her heritage and it turns out that person was actually her Great Grandmother??.....and that her actual paternal Grandmother was Caucasian Irish??.......that might be a bit scandalous, don't you think??

I couldn't imagine caring about what race someone is.
*I have not actually looked into this

Her "grandmother died before she was born"( or maybe it was before she was 4) , there is a photo of her and her grandmother in the book, with Kamala in her Teens.

30 seconds of research shows her grandmother actually died when she was 31.

Her "grandmother died before she was born"( or maybe it was before she was 4) , there is a photo of her and her grandmother in the book, with Kamala in her Teens.

Makes one wonder what else she might be lying about or lie about in the future.
Actually it doesn’t as I don’t believe a thing she says.

Last edited:
I completely agree....but would you care if someone publishes a picture of her Black Grandmother to validate her heritage and it turns out that person was actually her Great Grandmother??.....and that her actual paternal Grandmother was Caucasian Irish??.......that might be a bit scandalous, don't you think??
So her great grandmother is not her grandmother?

It is so nice to see the picture of Kamala and her paternal Grandmother in her autobiography....celebrating her African American (or Black) heritage....she would be the first Black female president of the United States....might want to do a little research on this one though.....
Claim:
U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris published photos of herself with a woman she claimed was her paternal grandmother, who died four years before Harris was born.
Rating:
False
False
About this rating

Context
Harris' paternal grandmother died in 1995, when Harris was 31. An unrelated woman at the center of the claim died in 1960.

In late September 2024, conspiracy theorist Candace Owens asserted that she had made an incredible discovery: In her 2019 memoir, "The Truths We Hold," U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris published a photo of herself with "a Black-looking grandmother" despite the fact that her grandmother had died, Owens claimed, four years before Harris was born.

"How the hell does a person who is the vice president of the United States pass off a book claiming that these people … are her Black relatives and nobody bats an eyelash or does even a peripheral search to recognize that the woman that she put forth is implausibly her grandmother," Owens said in a YouTube video titled "Breaking News: Kamala Harris LIED About Her Black Grandparents."

This claim is demonstrably false. The evidence Owens used to suggest Harris' grandmother died in 1960 refers to a person born in a different year with a different last name.

Owens, in her coverage of this "scoop," flooded the zone with additional questions about Harris' grandmother, suggesting that documents prove she married a man who was not Harris' grandfather while noting a suspicious lack of documentation about the birth of Harris' father, Stanford economist Donald Harris.

Here, Snopes shows why Owens' claim that Kamala Harris couldn't have met her paternal grandmother is false, explains the origin of that misinformation and adds context to the pundit's innuendo suggesting Donald Harris' birth and or parentage is suspicious. Snopes has contacted Donald Harris, and we will update our article if he provides us with further information.

Harris' Grandmother, Beryl Magdaline Finegan, Died in 1995

Read the rest here:

Claim:
U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris published photos of herself with a woman she claimed was her paternal grandmother, who died four years before Harris was born.
Rating:
False
False
About this rating
Context
Harris' paternal grandmother died in 1995, when Harris was 31. An unrelated woman at the center of the claim died in 1960.

In late September 2024, conspiracy theorist Candace Owens asserted that she had made an incredible discovery: In her 2019 memoir, "The Truths We Hold," U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris published a photo of herself with "a Black-looking grandmother" despite the fact that her grandmother had died, Owens claimed, four years before Harris was born.

"How the hell does a person who is the vice president of the United States pass off a book claiming that these people … are her Black relatives and nobody bats an eyelash or does even a peripheral search to recognize that the woman that she put forth is implausibly her grandmother," Owens said in a YouTube video titled "Breaking News: Kamala Harris LIED About Her Black Grandparents."

This claim is demonstrably false. The evidence Owens used to suggest Harris' grandmother died in 1960 refers to a person born in a different year with a different last name.

Owens, in her coverage of this "scoop," flooded the zone with additional questions about Harris' grandmother, suggesting that documents prove she married a man who was not Harris' grandfather while noting a suspicious lack of documentation about the birth of Harris' father, Stanford economist Donald Harris.

Here, Snopes shows why Owens' claim that Kamala Harris couldn't have met her paternal grandmother is false, explains the origin of that misinformation and adds context to the pundit's innuendo suggesting Donald Harris' birth and or parentage is suspicious. Snopes has contacted Donald Harris, and we will update our article if he provides us with further information.

Read the rest here:

I’m sure @scotihawk has a zinger of a response ready for this post. I’ll give this handle a day or two just for laughs.

MAGA sensibility encapsulated:

Claim:
Rating:
False
False
About this rating
Context

Read the rest here:

In error, my mistake.
1c41e4f5-197e-40a7-8a88-7bec98240c11_text.gif

Why did you quote me then?

I misread or otherwise mistook his post. I had thought his 30 seconds of research verified the OP's claim. So in my mind, I was combining his post, and your post of the actual reality, not the MAGA version, which would have really exemplified MAGA thinking. However, that's not what actually went down, and it was my own mistake, and not actually an example of MAGA at all.

I misread or otherwise mistook his post. I had thought his 30 seconds of research verified the OP's claim. So in my mind, I was combining his post, and your post of the actual reality, not the MAGA version, which would have really exemplified MAGA thinking. However, that's not what actually went down, and it was my own mistake, and not actually an example of MAGA at all.
I'm in a good mood so I'll throw you a bone.

You probably would have caught it in real time if the edited note had stayed on the bottom. (Meaning you would have caught that i went and looked real quick)

Claim:
Rating:
False
False
About this rating

Context

Read the rest here:

There will be no fact checks of maga posters. Actually, there is no need.

Reactions: Torg and lucas80
Claim:
Rating:
False
False
About this rating
Context

Read the rest here:

THIS is what OP is about? JFC these morons. Conspiracies debunked before I even hear about them. Beam YOU up, Scoti.

thread has me confused. so the claim is that the old lady in this pic is her great grandmother, not grandmother? if that’s the case, what does it materially change?

"Do you take drugs Danny?"

It was a rumor or somewhere got started off a comment she made about someone who had passed away prior to being born and the importance of that person in her family. Then this photo came out and people were like "you told us she was dead".

It's a nothingburger.

Reactions: desihawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT