ADVERTISEMENT

Kate Martin appreciation thread

Kate & Megan tomorrow night on ESPN2 (9:00 pm CT)

GNesCoRWUAA4z15

Reactions: VodkaSam
You can get the Kate Martin Aces red "rebel" jersey, or Gustafson in black and silver now...

I like these but as an aside, I don't get why people are into Kiah Stokes. Yes her dad played for the hawks but she turned down playing for the Hawks. That's fine, she did what is best for her, but I don't care about her career in the slightest.

All these tweets saying it is the City of Las Vegas paying are wrong

It is private money from the LVCVA..the Aces don’t even play in Vegas…they have play on the Strip which is not part of the town.

All these tweets saying it is the City of Las Vegas paying are wrong

It is private money from the LVCVA..the Aces don’t even play in Vegas…they have play on the Strip which is not part of the town.

Isn't the name of the team the Las Vegas Aces ? They're repping Vegas.

Isn't the name of the team the Las Vegas Aces ? They're repping Vegas.

They call everything Las Vegas around here

Funny thing is even their training facilities are in Henderson and the stadium they play in are not located in any city.

The city of Las Vegas has a fairly small operating budget, the county covers basically everything. Vegas does not even have its own police force.

Not unusual in sports…the New York Giants are not the even located in the state of New York.

Also I was wrong in my post it is taxpayer money designed for this type of use

Lots of first half minutes playing in a contested game--for a championship team. Surprising and impressive!

Las Vegas leads LA at the half, 42-33.

Megan: 9 min, 0-3 (0%) from 3, 3-4 (75%) from 2, 0-0 FTs for 6 pts, 2 rebounds (1 offensive)

Kate: 11 min, 1-1 (100%) from 3, 0-0 (0%) from 2, 0-0 FTs for 3 pts, 3 rebounds (1 offensive), 2 assists

Wow. So we’re gonna see Martin guard Caitlin?
I think they'll try it for a while mainly for the heck of it, but my guess is they'll rely on their vets to beat her up.

Kate won't play that style of defense (at least not yet) on Clark, and she's not near the defenders that a Nika Muhl or Raven Johnson were, and I absolutely loved watching Kate play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT