ADVERTISEMENT

Kate Middleton, if you have time to waste today.

She has cancer and has young kids. Can you sarcastic morons lay off one person for one f'ing day and get on with your lives? I lost my mother to cancer that presented itself similarly to hers. Cancer destroys families. To you imbeciles who think this is funny, I hope you develop large rectal tumors and wind up with a colostomy bag. Some of you are truly beyond the pale.
Wish all you want,but you know I'll just save them

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
I heard Dr. Sanjay Gupta of CNN say that is confusing since chemo isn't usually done for preventative reasons, it's only done if someone has cancer. He said he's not an oncologist, though.

If I had cancer, I'd give a 5 hour press conference about it, but the Royal Family has a different style.

They found cancer. But if they can't detect if it has spread, then preventive chemo makes sense to me. Not a doctor though, but that sounds like what is happening here.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Who gets early testing for pancreatic cancer?

I’m genuinely curious, because I’d want it. The only people I know who have survived it were diagnosed very early while getting treated for other things (endometriosis and back issues)
Get a blood biopsy. New technology just now being adopted. I posted a lawyer who caught it early and is now cancer free on here a few weeks back after doing this.

Reactions: mnole03
What's "preventative chemotherapy?"
In simple terms, it's chemo given post op. The goal is to make sure the cancer doesn't come back because surgical resection missed some tumor cells. The problem with this approach is cancer stem cells, which are mostly resistant to chemo and do come back.

In simple terms, it's chemo given post op. The goal is to make sure the cancer doesn't come back because surgical resection missed some tumor cells. The problem with this approach is cancer stem cells, which are mostly resistant to chemo and do come back.

Do you think Kate will be alive in 10 years?

Reactions: GOHOX69
Why is your outlook so negative on her?

Sounds like they suspected it wasn't a cancerous growth going into surgery, but after the fact did find some cancerous cells in the tissue. (Maybe it was a large cyst that had just started to show some abnormal cells)

They got it all and are now doing chemo to be safe.

It could've been barely stage one and they got to it early. I don't get all the doom and gloom.

Sure, it's bad to get cancer, but her scenario may still be quite good where a cancer diagnosis is concerned.

Last edited:
Why is your outlook so negative on her?

Sounds like they suspected it wasn't a cancerous growth going into surgery, but after the fact did find some cancerous cells in the tissue. (Maybe it was a large cyst that had just started to show some abnormal cells)

They got it all and are now doing chemo to be safe.

It could've been barely stage one and they got to it early. I don't get all the doom and gloom.

Sure, it's bad to get cancer, but her scenario may still be quite good where a cancer diagnosis is concerned.
Because that's my jam and I know how this goes. You're welcome to bet me if she survives 5 years.

Cysts are cysts. They don't become tumors. Tumors are tumors, they don't become cysts.

Cysts can be, or become, cancerous. You don't sound like you know what you're talking about.
Look in the mirror man and stick to your borderline pedophilia.

Look in the mirror man and stick to your pedophilia.

Add reading comprehension to your list of shortcomings. Exactly what in my post above indicated I don't know the difference?

I've only read dozens of goddamn medical journal entries on head and neck growths -- mostly those that were largely if not completely cystic given that's what mine appeared to be.

Add reading comprehension to your list of shortcomings. Exactly what in my post above indicated I don't know the difference?

I've only read dozens of goddamn medical journal entries on head and neck growths -- mostly those that were largely if not completely cystic given that's what mine appeared to be.
Cysts don't become tumors idiot. Tumors can involute and leave cystic portions, which are fluid filled. I hate to see your patients. At best, you're a horrible clinician. At worst, you're committing wholesale medical malpractice.

Cysts don't become tumors idiot. Tumors can involute and leave cystic portions, which are fluid filled. I hate to see your patients. At best, you're a horrible clinician. At worst, you're committing wholesale medical malpractice.
Oh sweet jesus. Show everybody in the thread the text of mine that indicated I thought cysts became tumors.

(of course I understand the difference... although you can have growths that exhibit characteristics of both, it's not always completely clear)

Just quote it and stop wasting our time.

Still doesn’t mean she deserves to get cancer. She has two little children too.
So very very sad to hear this news and I am going to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
Jesus Christ it was a joke.

News flash-I do not have the ability to telepathically give people cancer. Just wanted to clear that up

Reactions: goldmom
You're a moron dude. I'll leave it at that.
Thank you for providing your usual brand of entertainment. I'll run it by the team on Monday so they can get a chuckle. If you are in Iowa and make it to Holden, dm me so we know who you are.

And if you do work at Holden, quit hiding and spread your unique brand of "knowledge."

You're a moron dude. I'll leave it at that.
Why don't you take a look on google.

Ovarian cysts​

An ovarian cyst features a sac-like shape that contains a semisolid or liquid substance. Many cysts develop as a byproduct of the menstrual cycle and disappear on their own without causing any symptoms. Treatment is seldom necessary. It’s possible for certain types of ovarian cysts to become cancerous, although this is uncommon.

Or in thyroid cancer:

Why don't you take a look on google.

Ovarian cysts​

An ovarian cyst features a sac-like shape that contains a semisolid or liquid substance. Many cysts develop as a byproduct of the menstrual cycle and disappear on their own without causing any symptoms. Treatment is seldom necessary. It’s possible for certain types of ovarian cysts to become cancerous, although this is uncommon.

Or in thyroid cancer:
Do you see that part which says it's uncommon? You can't apparently figure out that many types of tumors have cystic portions. If a cyst was a tumor, they'd call it that. Numerous cancers have apoptic regions where there are cyst like portions. Don't hang yourself on your own rope.

Do you see that part which says it's uncommon? You can't apparently figure out that many types of tumors have cystic portions. If a cyst was a tumor, they'd call it that. Numerous cancers have apoptic regions where there are cyst like portions. Don't hang yourself on your own rope.
You really can't argue. As if arguing from the angle of it being uncommon helps your case. I can pull up paper after paper that references cysts being cancerous.

I think your only option left here is to argue that by virtue of it having malignant cells that it must then be a tumor and not a cyst.

I had a (nearly) completely cystic schwannoma removed from my neck -- the thought is that it was from degenerative change over time that it became cystic (in a regular solid bodied schwannoma tumor)

So of course I already understood that solid body tumors may exhibit cystic change.

You've not said one thing in this thread I didn't already know.

You really can't argue. As if arguing from the angle of it being uncommon helps your case. I can pull up paper after paper that references cysts being cancerous.

I had a (nearly) completely cystic schwannoma removed from my neck -- the thought is that it was from degenerative change over time that it became cystic (in a regular solid bodied schwannoma tumor)

So of course I already understood that solid body tumors may exhibit cystic change.

You've not said one thing in this thread I didn't already know.
Great now go post about 13 year old breasts.

They found cancer. But if they can't detect if it has spread, then preventive chemo makes sense to me. Not a doctor though, but that sounds like what is happening here.
I read that they do that during a surgery as a preventative measure in places which have extremely thin mucus membranes, such as those in the abdominal region, where they suspect cancer cells might possibly spill into the bloodstream and infect other organs, etc.

I read that they do that during a surgery as a preventative measure in places which have extremely thin mucus membranes, such as those in the abdominal region, where they suspect cancer cells might possibly spill into the bloodstream and infect other organs, etc.
Correct. And to get rid of what they call tumor cell nests.

Wow, this sucks. If we didn't live in a world filled with so much greed and corruption, we might have found a cure for cancer 20 years ago.

I'm the same age as Princess Kate, so it kind of puts things in perspective. Well, other than the fact that she's rich, famous, and attractive (none of which I am, and likely never will be), she's got access to some of the finest medical care on the planet... it's all well and good if she's recuperating from malaria or a horrific skiing accident which might permanently cripple or even kill Joe Q Average. But even the best and brightest physicians and scientists aren't able to reliably conquer cancer.

Hope she pulls through for her kids' sake.

Wow, this sucks. If we didn't live in a world filled with so much greed and corruption, we might have found a cure for cancer 20 years ago.

I'm the same age as Princess Kate, so it kind of puts things in perspective. Well, other than the fact that she's rich, famous, and attractive (none of which I am, and likely never will be), she's got access to some of the finest medical care on the planet... it's all well and good if she's recuperating from malaria or a horrific skiing accident which might permanently cripple or even kill Joe Q Average. But even the best and brightest physicians and scientists aren't able to reliably conquer cancer.

Hope she pulls through for her kids' sake.
Cancer cells have numerous redundant pathways. I think, as things get perfected, immunotherapy will finally cure some cancers. Car-t is being refined for blood borne cancers and car-nk for solid tumors. Right now, it's imperfect but my lab is using gene editing techniques to create universal therapies that are patient agnostic for both these therapies (and far cheaper).

In the video she looks like a 42 year old woman. Tired? Maybe, but many moms of young children are always tired. Skinny? Maybe a bit more than normal but she doesn’t look skeletal or anything.

I was diagnosed with testicular cancer at 39. They performed surgery on me to remove the tumor. But technically they didn’t know it was cancer until after pathology was done on the removed tumor. So does that mean I didn’t have cancer surgery because it wasn’t diagnosed until later? I also did prophylactic radiation treatment to kill any cancer cells in my body that hadn’t grown enough to be visible on a CT scan. Some people do prophylactic chemo, it depends upon the type of cancer. Dr Sanjay needs to stay in his lane and shut up as lots of people do chemo after surgery. He’s a guy who has a history of sticking his nose and “expertise” where it doesn’t belong,

While doing radiation I got to know a woman that was going through it at the same time as me, she had the appointment right before mine pretty much every day so we eventually started chatting. Uterine cancer hit her. From what I recall she was in her upper 40s as she and I were the youngest patients by far at that oncologist office. She had surgery to remove her uterus and was going through both radiation and chemo as well. It wouldn’t surprise me if Kate is dealing with something similar with a cancer down in the reproductive area. I hope that woman is still alive and thriving three years on. I’d guess Kate will also get the best medical care possible.

In the video she looks like a 42 year old woman. Tired? Maybe, but many moms of young children are always tired. Skinny? Maybe a bit more than normal but she doesn’t look skeletal or anything.

I was diagnosed with testicular cancer at 39. They performed surgery on me to remove the tumor. But technically they didn’t know it was cancer until after pathology was done on the removed tumor. So does that mean I didn’t have cancer surgery because it wasn’t diagnosed until later? I also did prophylactic radiation treatment to kill any cancer cells in my body that hadn’t grown enough to be visible on a CT scan. Some people do prophylactic chemo, it depends upon the type of cancer. Dr Sanjay needs to stay in his lane and shut up as lots of people do chemo after surgery. He’s a guy who has a history of sticking his nose and “expertise” where it doesn’t belong,

While doing radiation I got to know a woman that was going through it at the same time as me, she had the appointment right before mine pretty much every day so we eventually started chatting. Uterine cancer hit her. From what I recall she was in her upper 40s as she and I were the youngest patients by far at that oncologist office. She had surgery to remove her uterus and was going through both radiation and chemo as well. It wouldn’t surprise me if Kate is dealing with something similar with a cancer down in the reproductive area. I hope that woman is still alive and thriving three years on. I’d guess Kate will also get the best medical care possible.
I hope you're doing well! My guess was cervical cancer given the treatment modality and her age.

I hope you're doing well! My guess was cervical cancer given the treatment modality and her age.
Could have been endometriosis or uterine fibroids as well. Pretty common in women her age. Both form tumors that can be cancerous.

My better half had a grapefruit sized fibroid removed in a surpisingly compicated surgery that was initially thought as routine. Pre-op ultrasound can only do so much. They halted under anesthesia until a specialized team became involved. The lead surgeon was so amazed he took pictures of it and retired shortly after. Massive amounts of blood loss since the tumor had attached capillary vessels to anything and everything surrounding it. We called it our squid baby.

She barely made it out successfully, but a decade later, we're both enjoying drinks on the porch as I type this without her even knowing I'm telling her story.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT