ADVERTISEMENT

Kathleen Doyle Ranked 17th best player in the Nation

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Ranking the top 25 players in women's college basketball three months into the 2019-20 season
Feb 12, 2020

17. Kathleen Doyle,
Iowa Hawkeyes, G, 5-foot-9, senior

Season stats: 18.7 PPG, 6.5 APG
Preseason ranking: Not ranked

Iowa was supposed to struggle this season without Megan Gustafson, but the Hawkeyes have won 11 of 12 games and are ranked 17th with a 20-4 record. That's in large part because of Doyle. She has more career assists than any active player not named Sabrina Ionescu, but she has also become one of the Big Ten's best scorers. Her ability to get inside and either finish or get to the free throw line serves as an unconventional way to replace Gustafson. -- Graham Hays

LINK: https://www.espn.com/womens-college...ollege-basketball-three-months-2019-20-season

I remember when OP gave me shit for talking about Doyle as a top-level player and likely WNBA prospect.

Happy Valentine's Day, Fran.

To be fair, Kathleen has taken a step since the conference season started. Before then, she was a very good player (all-conference level) but not great (conference player of the year level).

Since conference play started, she's been great. I think she should win conference player of the year. We'll see if she can beat out Charles and Pulliam.

I remember when OP gave me shit for talking about Doyle as a top-level player and likely WNBA prospect.

Happy Valentine's Day, Fran.

that was almost a year ago, on April 1 2019, during the Iowa/Baylor NCAA tournament game, where you said what follows, at the end of this post.

As everyone can see, you said that last season she would start for EVERY TEAM in the NCAA. And I stated she would not start for Baylor, UConn and several other elite teams. And you also said in that same post that she would have a good WNBA career. I questioned that on April 1, too. And I question that now, almost a year later, because even Megan, last year's national player of the year, is struggling to hold on to a WNBA roster spot.

This is your post from the April 1, 2019 Iowa/Baylor NCAA Tournament game thread:

Doyle would start for every team in NCAA. She’s that good. She’ll have a good WNBA and overseas career.

LINK to that game thread: https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/official-wbb-iowa-vs-baylor-elite-8-thread.269205/page-3

Last edited:
that was almost a year ago, on April 1 2019, during the Iowa/Baylor NCAA tournament game, where you said what follows, at the end of this post.

As everyone can see, you said that last season she would start for EVERY TEAM in the NCAA. And I stated she would not start for Baylor, UConn and several other elite teams. And you also said in that same post that she would have a good WNBA career. I questioned that on April 1, too. And I question that now, almost a year later, because even Megan, last year's national player of the year, is struggling to hold on to a WNBA roster spot.

This is your post from the April 1, 2019 Iowa/Baylor NCAA Tournament game thread:

LINK to that game thread: https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/official-wbb-iowa-vs-baylor-elite-8-thread.269205/page-3
Lol. I knew you would do your due diligence. I read that thread before I trolled your goofy ass. Love you Fran. Fran, I've been around a lot of WNBA basketball, games, practices, etc. Doyle is good. Will she make it? Who knows. If she was at UConn or Baylor playing every day against the best of the best in practice, I truly believe she would find a way to rise to the top. Could I be wearing some hawkeye glasses? Sure. But I kind of have some background with this stupid game.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Lol. I knew you would do your due diligence. I read that thread before I trolled your goofy ass. Love you Fran. Fran, I've been around a lot of WNBA basketball, games, practices, etc. Doyle is good. Will she make it? Who knows. If she was at UConn or Baylor playing every day against the best of the best in practice, I truly believe she would find a way to rise to the top. Could I be wearing some hawkeye glasses? Sure. But I kind of have some background with this stupid game.
I know we are all anonymous on here but I think it's pretty obvious that I have some background with this game as well. After all, I am THE head coach of a B1G men's basketball program. ;)

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Didn’t Kathleen play for the US Jr National team last summer? That is a fairly elite status.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT